Ranvir – New June 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

i noticed our farms have no signs of animals there. so the ham we get is soylent green made into ham shape/form or just vegetarian.

1 Like

Excellent! Glad you realize it! So…maybe stop opining since you’re clear on how clueless you are.

Your exercise for today, to help you learn:

If a single coin flip is 50% chance of heads, what is the chance of getting at least 1 heads in 3 flips?

Is it:
A) 50%
B) 1-50%^3 = 87.5%

And as a follow on, how would you actually figure out the right answer?

Yup. It happens. I got no featured heroes in my last 362 Atlantis pulls, so I feel your pain.

The bad news is, there’s no credit for the past when it comes to probability. So the forward expectation from here is another 77 pulls on average before getting a HOTM. Which really sucks, but there it is.

Best advice is to set a budget that balances the feeling that you’ve given it a good shot at getting something you want from a probability perspective, but you’re at peace with the dollar value if you don’t get it.

9 Likes

Even I feel for u. :pensive:

And then I see some players with almost every single HOTM for the last 8 months and I wonder how THEY do it. I doubt it’s all just Random…

4 Likes

Lots of pulls :slight_smile:

At 180 pulls a month, you’re only a slight underdog to have every HOTM for 8 months in a row. If you look at KLinMayhem’s self-reported spend of $1,300 a month it’s a 94% chance of getting every HOTM in an entire year. And the expectation is you’ll have multiple copies of most of them.

4 Likes

I’ve only been lucky to pull 2 HOTMs last year with about 3 pulls… And within recent times Atlantis 3-5 pulls to get 1 of the featured heroes…but the heroes i would like , I think the drop rate is below my # pulls .:stuck_out_tongue:

That is indeed a lot . When my then gf, paid a few dollars ($1.99) on Disney magical adventure game bi monthly I told her she was addicted lol…

But thanks for the information! #statsblowmymind :clap:

2 Likes

I just pulled Ranvir yesterday. I was working on Vivica, but switched cause I need titan killers. We keep seeing 10* but we cant kill them. Hoping me and the few others with Ranvir in my alliance can tip the scales

2 Likes

Please share your results. I’m really curious because on paper you should get similar results with Wu. Ranvir for sure is more viable, but misses more often than Wu.

1 Like

Yea, I’m curious if people with Ranvir are doing any better in Titan compared of what they used to do with Wukong.

I would guess higher damage with Ranvir overall.

The team damage bonus would be similar for time that their specials are up but Ranvir has a higher chance of being in effect:

1. because he is fast vs average mana
  2. because he has a better chance of being alive at the end of the titan fight. Wu often dies before the end of the battle so the last thirty seconds have no attack bonus (I’ve only given him +9 going as much HP and Def as possible).

In addition, strong advantage to Ranvir on tiles as well, the attack stat difference is significant.

8 Likes

Fast mana and has a direct hit. I like they made him a Druid. If a fella plans on using him a lot and drops 5-6 tiers of emblems I can see Ranvir”being the man” and “half asss”

2 Likes

An upgraded Wukong, i just got him from my tornament epic tokens (got 2 of thoses token, + a troop one, how lucky). It seems pretty gold against titan as the buff is always active.

• Fast mana: great
  • deal extra dmg in addition
  • immune to poison, not many heroes use poison (but all are purple)
  • extra dark defense, now we’re talking.

Seems less useful in raids. I i could be wrong.
If i want to kill an ennemy. The buff wont get in my way.
Buff only active at start as ennemies lower our hp more than me.

Overall, seems a pretty hero

i was thought I was the only one that didn’t know

1 Like

Now that’s luck!

4 Likes

They should make Rav becomes more accurate each time he fires off when he’s active already. That would be very interesting and fun. I find him not a very strong hero always misses. I hope they do something about him. I guess I put this in the wrong I did not know I put in wrong topic sorry

1 Like

Atomos has hard damage?

If it was wu pkus Ursula it would be the same?

You right. Your math sucks…

Not always but yes, he could deal high damage.

So I just pulled ranvir, do I feed my Wu Kong to him? XD

If your wu is maxed, dont bother. You should keep him for war and 4* events.