Ranvir – New June 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

I thought ranvir couldn’t miss on titans because the titan always has higher health so he would be a beast on titans right?

His accuracy reduction and attack buff come together — so they’ll both pretty much always apply against Titans due to the higher HP.

Since that means the accuracy debuff will always apply too, yes, he can miss/cause misses on Titans.

1 Like

Oh ok so actually he can miss more than wukong great to hear lol! Thanks for the info perhaps I wont work on him then!

He’s better than Wu. Misses only 3% more but gives better attack buff, has better stats so will be more viable, and fast mana means you can charge him more frequently.
I wouldn’t use him in raids but he definitely replaces Wu in my titan team.

5 Likes

Yes, his miss rate is a little higher than Wu Kong’s, but for Titans he has the benefits of being Fast vs. Average, having sturdier stats, and offering increased survival against purple Titans in particular.

For more general usage he also has the benefit of sniping, and having resistance to Poison.

1 Like

No psytrance horseman for me.

2 Likes

Ranvir does look like a Goa trance type of Centaur indeed. I’d say the lack of accuracy is due to high potent shrooms ingested :smile:

7 Likes

20 Boom shankar shivas

Just some ridiculous bragging
empires

1 Like

Lol! Someone that does the exact same routine finally! Very few uses BT and wilbur together with Wu, and I find it devastating

1 Like

Has anyone used Ranvir against Ursena final boss? Was that effective? If Ranvir fires at Ursena and special attack is reflected, does the dark defense boost reduce the reflected damage?

I didn’t try but defense usually doesn’t affect counterattack or reflection. So my guess is no.

Also- why is Ranvir affected by poison mist stages if he is immune to poison? Seems like he should not be affected.

1 Like

Yes it’s a known issue. It’s been already reported and devs will fix it.

3 Likes

Ok. Another question since he’s theoretically my best hero - how does is his special calculate if health is higher or lower if two heroes of the same color are used? Say one is higher in health and one is lower than the enemy?

1 Like

they are treated individually

-> -> -> … ->

Thanks for putting detail in this Boolz. And congrats on getting far in the raid tourney! I played around with this for a while and believe I get what is happening and I think my question is better as an example:

If Mystic Virtue is active and one of your Tibertusses was at full health (say, 1000 for convenience) instead of dead, and the other is at 10 health. Purple tiles go into an enemy with 500 health. This is a somewhat difficult scenario to repeatedly setup but my experience is that I will have some misses in this case but damage does not seem boosted. I think this is applying Mystic virtue on a tile-by-tile basis and I’m getting the short straw on the times i’ve seen it (the tiles assigned to Tibs with 1000 health doing normal damage and the Tibs with low health always missing via RNG.) but- this extra level of randomness is really frustrating - when i send tiles I want to know how much of a chance I’m taking in missing (for instance when sending three tiles at a healer ready to fire) and while I can do that with Mystic Virtue on a rainbow team, or anytime with Gambler’s Chance- I can’t when color stacked with Mystic Virtue.

1 Like

with or without ranvir buff, same tile color applies as follows:

x = number of heroes, meaning troops.
when you hit with a tile, RNG comes into play which troops (of which hero) will hit.
this means that you have 100/x % chances for the troops you want to hit will hit.

so, in the given scenario, 100/2 = 50% chances to hit with the troops of

• tiburtus with 10hp (ranvir buff damage and miss “chance”)
    or
  • tiburtus with 1000hp (normal tile damage)

:slight_smile:

1 Like

When you match tiles, if you look carefully each tile changes into a troop before rushing at the enemy. The troop is chosen at random, from all heroes of that color. This effect is more obvious if you use different troops on each hero. But for Ranvir, whether HP is above or below the opponent’s for purpose of bonus damage is relative to who that troop belongs to

1 Like

Cookie Settings