Rank the tanks: Azlar, Anzogh, Richard, Frida

Hey guys, how would you rank these 4 heroes with regards to how well they are suited to the tank position? Who’s the best, second, third and worst? And could you also explain the reasoning behind your ranking briefly?

Azlar
Anzogh
Richard
Frida

Your input is much appreciated.

Azlar
Anzogh
Richard
Frida

Richard
Frida
Anzogh
Azlar

1 Like

Richard.
Anzogh.
Frida.
Azlar.

Tho Azlar its the most punishing for a bad board.

1 Like

If you don’t mind, would you explain that ranking briefly?

If you don’t mind, would you explain the reasoning behind your ranking briefly?

Anzogh
Richard
Frida
Azlar

Azlar is slow, the others all have average speed.

Anzogh deals AoE damage, recover from it and build a undispellable ice defense bonus.
He doesn’t have any part that could be cleansed/dispelled.

Richard lower attack up to thee targets and deals solid damage to one, lower to nearby.

Frida deals high damage to three, dispel, increase her element’s damage and build a undispellable green defense bonus. Too bad that usually she would hit boonless heroes and wouldn’t live enough to cast twice.

Azlar deals a lot of damage but also takes a lot of damage. Only good on very bad boards.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind, could you explain briefly why you ranked them that way?

1 Like

Main thing I want from a tank is survivability, to give the other heroes a chance to fire their specials.

Richard to me is clearly the toughest out of this group to kill, while Azlar the easiest. Frida may have less defense than Anzogh, but typically green heroes are weaker than blues on attack, so very slight advantage to Frida.

2 Likes

Not sure honestly

I am afraid from azlar because if he shoots i am in trouble

Frida needs another blue

Richard will kill one and die

Anzogh i have and he needd a buffer near him. Put wu kong or bt near him so maybe. But this way he will be like high level kashareck. You can just shoot on him tiles until all your specials are ready and then finish

In a way he is your shield as an attacker

2 Likes

For defense with tank position:

I did not get Azlar to 4-80, because of getting Anzogh and having Isa already. I tried several defenders and Isa seems to be the one least attacked and keeping me highest. Azlar should not be too far away from stats and skill.

Then I thought Anzogh was a healer and got him to 4-80, but his heal is low. Defense against one color is one of the weakest skills. And as a tank, he is attacked more often and more successful than Isa so far (both in a colored team with fast snipers to the sides). So, I only use him for farming.

I have not used Frida as tank, only tried her for that tournament without green color. There I got 2 wins and 8 losses from Frida which is really bad. But that is statistically less helpful. I can’t imagine Frida as a good tank.

Richard is quite solid as a tank and maybe the better of the four. But as you can see from the answers so far, all four are not the best tanks.

2 Likes

Sure i’ll start this by saying i have none of these 4 heroes, so my analysis is purely based on how they perform when i raid against them. I love to face Azlar tank because, even if I fear his special, I feel he its more of a threat when he is flank or even corner and if you take too much time to deal with the tank thats where he shines. But him being tank you really need a really bad board to loose or make him fire.
Frida for me to be effective needs another blue hero in the team [like Magni, Lepus or Alasie] and shoot at least once. But facing her in raids it doesnt give me that fear that other heroes in tank position give me. Anzogh its pretty new so i didnt had to many raids against him, but he is in second position [id say almost on par with Richard] because he has good stats and a clever special, he’s like a red Kashhrek on steroids, but his ice protection cant be dispelled so if he manage to fire and heal himself and others and gain that protection from ice it will be tough to put down. To me Richard is the most solid, has tank stats, nice damage special and the attack debuff can be a pain.

5 Likes

Azlar - gamble card (extreme results of good and bad)
Anzogh - decent tank but not great
Richard - very decent tank with high def and if he gets to fire, 2/3 heroes will be off down
Frida - ok tank if you emblem her and not run rainbow defense (put more blues with her)

Azlar and Anzogh are better at flank/wing.
Richard is the best one on the list (a true tank).

8 Likes

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^20

1 Like

What is tank or flanks?

1 Like

Richard, Azlar and Frida from my experiences. My Anzogh is setting at 1-1 taking a back seat to Grave Maker, so I cant judge him yet.

Tank is the center hero, flanks are at each side of tank and wings are the far outside heroes

1 Like

Thank you! May I ask: What’s your take on Thoth-Amun and Inari as tanks?

Thank you! May I ask what you think of Thoth-Amun and Inari as tanks?

Thank you! How well do you think Thoth-Amun and Inari perform as tanks?

Cookie Settings