Random vs Trophies

It’s random, right?
… then how come nobody can reach 3500-4000 trophies in Raids?
According to the laws of Randomness there should be guys strong and lucky enough to win 1500 raids in a row. Why is it when you reach ~ 2900 - 3000 trophies all of a sudden your board has “one possible tile move”… and that’s a suicide move, you know it, cause it’ll charge the enemy and you’re done.
Hit me.
I just want to learn this.

Trophies aren’t random, they’re based on an Elo system, which naturally curbs the upper maximum of trophies possible.

I’d suggest this thread as a starting point for understanding how that works: [Primer] Basic explanation of Trophies or Where do Trophies come from and why do I lose them?

1 Like

Top 100 players are attacked while online, so should I say more? Since there is no defense out there which cannot be defeated, I guess you have your answer. Besides, as you gain more trophies, you also gain less trophies with each battle. But most important… Why do you even care about these trophies? 2400 or 3000+ means the same arena. And SG doesn’t build any statues for top 100 trophies, I’m just saying…

1 Like

With all due respect, I know what ELO system is, it doesn’t apply here.
Elo system is based on equal chances by equal skill
The defender does not actively play in Raids. So the system does it.
That means, the system is trying to level me down.
That is nulling any idea of randomness in the board.
Why do I play it if the system will kill me anyway?

For fun? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Then they have to openly say that is a system algorythm - and it applies everywhere, as we all know - not a random thing.
Enough with this random bs.

I think it’s more accurate to say that it’s not ideally suited to this purpose.

But your question about why there’s an upper limit to trophies is because of ELO, which apparently you already know.

The rewarded trophies diminish as your total increases, which eventually makes increasing farther extremely difficult.

Meanwhile other players can attack you, so you’ll lose trophies from that.

2 Likes

I get it, I get it, I am just struck by this randomness, until I see harder and harder boards with 1 move to make, right when I am about to go on #3 :slight_smile:
You know, that’s a great achievement, I was gonna print it and hang it on my room, then flip it when my boss is visiting me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That IS a great achievement. Congratulations.

Does your boss give you enough warning?

Warning?! He saw me once strategizing for a war, I told him that’s a research work.

1 Like

LOL like me on the forums here - killing time waiting for the 3D CAD model to load up.

No, really I’m looking for tips on CAD use.

Back on topic, trophies aren’t random. Boards, summons, loot, opponents (within certain bounds) are but trophies are deterministic.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why Cant I Create New Topics?

This is correct.

With a K-Factor of 61, the highest trophies will eventually have a +1 / -60 versus all players.

So they have to win 60 times to get +60 trophies but lose 1 times to forfeit -60 trophies.

Since attackers have the advantage, and eligible attackers always have more energy than a single user, 61:1 win loss ratio is unlikely.

You CAN game this system by having every since account in the game set a single 1* 1.1 hero on defense but you run into the prisoner’s dilemma.

And discover one of the reasons zombie accounts are updated and included in matchmaking.

Though most Devs also include break water bot teams every 300 trophies from 300 to 3000. Because. Humans.

Edit:
It is possible this error (linky, linky) was a coding the wrong server when testing Elo rating deflation to adjust break water bot teams versus new heroes.

2 Likes