Rana and Yunan Costumes

Is there a reason why their costumes have lower bonuses across the board than all the other heroes? Makes no sense and makes them less appealing. Its not like either of them are OP now. Thought it was odd.

The “all other heroes” are from S1 and are generally (much) weaker than event heroes.

Personally, I’m happy that the bonus is lower. With the direction the Devs are taking, I suspect they would soon release a costume for heroes like Finley.

And fighting Finley who has the same costume bonus as S1 heroes would not be fun at all…

5 Likes

I do understand & agree with what ur saying about S1 Costumes vs. Costumes for any future Seasonal/Event/HOTM Heroes… But a 1% Bonus for Mana is really pointless & it’s not gonna get players to chase after those costumes… If S/G made the bonuses half of what the S1 Costumes give I could see players really trying for them… Maybe make the Mana Bonus 3% for future “Premium” Hero Costumes… At 3% players would still have to put work in to get heroes to drop tiles with their speed… Most would still need Lv 23 Mana Troops that way instead of 17…

1 Like

Notice that, regardless of the costume bonus to stats, Rana and Yunnan costumes are an improved version of their vanilla, directly from their improved specials.

2 Likes

I hate that they’re continuing to tie costumes to pulls, making them yet another cash grab instead of a playable, grindable feature that improved the quality of life for players. Instead of infusing a bit of creativity and uniqueness into the game, particularly for players who have been at it now for years, they’ve decided to once again try to reach into players’ wallets and frustrate older players.

10 Likes

I don’t really care about the sand heroes, but Rana’s costume looked so cool I just spent my 7 saved tokens. No luck…but not brokenhearted over it and definitely ain’t gonna chase either of them with dough.

1 Like

I feel it’s just enough to make you want them without breaking them. The 1% mana buff means not a lot unless you mana node too.

I quite like Rana but Yunan Hasselhoff makes me laugh at his silliness

6 Likes

I’ve pulled costume Rana using some EHT.

So what would be the benefits… the normal version has a 2% mana bonus on node 19, the costumed one a 4% mana bonus on node 20, and the costume bonus is just 1%. How would that affect mana troops to make them charge faster?

With no mana boost on hero you will need troop to be level 23 to save a tile on a average mana speed hero like Rana.

With the 1% you can do it with a level 17 troop and with the 1% plus 2% or 4% you can do it with a level 11 troop.

3 Likes

That 1% mana bonus is irrelevent. Based on limit break costs, it will become relevant to limit break only costume version. I really live yunan costume btw, wipeout special skill says everything. So i expect costumes to continue being released from the limit break point of view

Am I missing something, how is it irrelevant and what has this to do with limit breaks?

Being able to save a tile with lower level troops is relevant.

2 Likes

Despite the highly negative response, they released costumes as skins with same 4 bonuses as s1 costumes. But bonus stats are lower. They could not added costumes at all or mana bonus at all, so they added 1% mana. 2% mana would be ideal but we were basically almost all against, so 1% mana bonus ain’t not hurting that much. We will see more costumes my friend, just because the limit break lower costs

As I understand to save a tile on an average speed mana you need 12% mana boost.

A level 17 troop gives you 11% so the 1% will give you the 12% you need (or a level 11 instead of a level 17 with the added bonus from emblems) . I think that is quite good.

2 Likes

Can someone please help me understand why the costume bonuses are so low for these hard to obtain, seasonal heroes?

Normally they are around 5%

Any justification would be greatly appreciated.

Oh that’s going to be a PITA to manage stats if it’s not a bug…

All non s1 costumes have lower costume bonuses. Pretty much due to the backlash they received when they were first announced

7 Likes

And don’t get surprised when one day, SG will have all costume bonuses for non-S1 heroes to be buffed and at par with S1 costume bonuses.

2 Likes

It was asked by a lot of members to remove the bonus for non-S1 but SG still keep some portion of the bonus. Be happy for it.

Non-S1 already have their own bonus to begin with.

There is already such topic:

1 Like

That’s not true. They toss us jaberwock, kilhare and Finley costumes. Ofcourse they were Over power. They already in that limit.