Raids trophies

I can understand in the raid feature wagering of trophies should go by team power differences and such, but why are we not allowed to gain back what we lose? I am at 2886 team power and just got beat in a raid from a 2496 team power player. I know that the only way this can happen is through straight up luck of the tiles, and combos. I really am not so petty to care about losing the raid as much as in that raid I lost 41 trophies. When I hit revenge, I easily disposed of him and won back a whopping 18! If we choose to attack a lower team power and take less trophies, then that’d be our choice. But losing so many just from a fluke win? Why can’t we take back what we lost?

1 Like

How do you know it was a fluke win? The team you see on his defense is not necessarily the team he attacked you with. He had the opportunity to study your defense team and tailor his attacking team to beat it.

4 Likes

I’m not going to argue over if fluke or not! That was not the purpose of my post. All I see is the low team power beating me and taking double the trophies than what I can gain back with revenge.

That’s the thing though…

My team rating on defense is usually lower than offence if you look at straight up power.

Max wu kong and a Not maxed panther aren’t in my defense lineup because I have better defense options (max tiburtus, kiril, colen, 3.70 Richard, Chao 3.60) is my defense lineup. They’re about 300 less power than my offense but they’re less fragile. Defense is 3100 power or so, but when I switch wu and panther in my attack team is about 200 more power.

In the end the power isn’t everything. The combination of heroes and defense ratings and attack tiles and special abilities makes the difference.

My point is same as second post here. You don’t know what strength team attacked you - only the rating of their defense…

4 Likes

I beat people 400 higher than me. Pretty frequently too. It’s strategery. Take chances and be more strategic and you too can raid higher trophy holders.

Also, the trophy system rewards you for daring to attack people who have more trophies than you. If you attack someone with more, you win more. If you attack someone with less, you win less. Fortune favors the bold

1 Like

Again this is not about power of players!!! I only mentioned because of the team that beat me was lower! I DON’T CARE ABOUT TEAM POWER!!! I’ve beaten and lost to lower and higher team players at my choosing. MY POST IS ABOUT REVENGE TROPHIES BEING LOWER, AND NOT GETTING BACK WHAT YOU LOSE WHEN THEY ATTACK, AND WHEN YOU BEAT THEM BACK IN REVENGE!!!

I understand that. If I attack you and you are higher and I beat you, taking let’s say 50 trophies. Do you think it’s right to turn around and beat me very easily and gain back 20 trophies?

No need to shout. If you attack someone with fewer cups than you and you win, you get a small amount of cups because they have less. The algorithm thinks they are not as good at raiding as you are.
When they turn around and revenge, they’re attacking you, and you have more trophies than they do. They’re going to win back more than you took from them. Likewise, if someone with more trophies than you raids down, they won’t gain many trophies from you. When you revenge, you’ll gain back more than they took.

That’s how the algorithm works.

1 Like

It works both ways. Beat someone higher and win say 45. They won’t take all back. It pays to be bold.

1 Like

Yes, I do. I should beat you, based on the trophy levels. Why should I be rewarded as much for beating a weaker opponent as they are for beating a stronger?

In other words, why would you consider it an accomplishment to win an arm wrestling match against a 7 year old?

I am a bully. I look for teams my power and lower so I can take their resources. Then, when they revenge taking more cups but less in resources (often none), I am ahead in what I want and get easier fights for chest filling.

Unless you are in an alliance that requires you to maintain a certain amount of cups, relax. If it is about tier level, just raid back up when time to open the chest.

1 Like

It encourages and incentivises you to challenge up, while giving far less reward for someone who hasn’t been performing as well in raids.

It’s all swings and roundabouts dude… it all evens out in the end.

If you don’t wanna revenge for only ten cups back or so, let it go and challenge someone else that wins you 50/loses you 10.

I like the easier revenges from the perspective of filling my raid chest.

Sometimes it sucks when someone attacks and I lose 45 cups and can’t win close to that back, but At the same time, when I win 40 or 50 challenging someone they have the same.

Unless you’re at the very top, it all evens out…

2 Likes

Revenges are no different from any other raid. If you and your opponent have the same number of trophies, you’ll gain 30 if you win and drop 30 if you lose. If your opponent has more trophies than you, you’ll gain more than 30 (increasing with the difference) and drop less than 30 if you lose. Vice versa if your opponent has fewer trophies than you. In the case you described, the person who raided you had many fewer trophies when he/she raided you, and still had fewer trophies after he/she won. Therefore when you took your revenge you gained fewer cups than you lost.

Think about, say, pro tennis. If the #332 in world rankings beats #1 in the French Open, but then the (former) #1 beats the (former) #332, their ranking do not go back to 332 and 1, respectively. 332 will have moved up on account of her upset victory, while #1 may be at 2 or 3 now.

Same idea holds in raiding.

2 Likes