Raids Suck

I’ve read the comments and those for or against, but there is one thing that annoys the living h**l out of me ant that is that the raids are connected to chests…and that is why the raids should ne changed! Nothing about the other chests is skewed like that - and if they were people would quit playing. By all means keep the raids and the food and all of that, but don’t tell me it isn’t bent like hell to make people blow food and gems to get heroes chests. Make raids something else and have other rewards for what you achieve, by all means, for those who enjoy it. I’m actually close to giving up the game, even though I enjoy other parts… I rated the game with two stars because of the raiding system. And I won’t recommend it to others, because of it. It’s not pettiness, it is one of the worst functionality coupled to regular reward in a game I have seen.

Thing is, I get mostly opponents with 300 pts an more above me, which I know I don’t stand much of a chance against -why is this connected to chests when it is so effing slanted? Make it something else, but make it reasonable to reach and acieve.

That’s my opinion anyway…

1 Like

I can tell you’re reasonably new to the game (a few weeks in?) as you have not yet realised that what you get from hero chests is not actually worth the aggravation of raiding at a higher level.

If you want to fill the chest and you personally get no pleasure out of the raids themselves, drop cups and stay at a level that is comfortable for you and doesn’t give you the aggravation. If you get something else out of raids (the challenge, or the pleasure of vanquishing a superior foe or whatever) then keep pressing on.

I say this because in my first few weeks of the game I had exactly the same thoughts as you… and then realised the difference between ‘ego’ and ‘filling a chest’.

3 Likes

I love raids, they are much fun and good practice.

My matchups have been quite bad lately. I am at about 2970ish team power and all my matches have been almost exclusively 3000+. Frustrating but I have been able to pick off some of them while maintaining gold cup range.

I will still take your food!!

Well, I’ve been at it a couple of months, but even though people say it’s not worth getting upset over-it is still a part of eveeyday game and one way to get ascesion items, so I think it is valid. In its current form it is annoying enough to make people pissed and I’m not sure that is a good market strategy.

2 Likes

Seems to be working well for the last year. Lots of people like raids and of course there should be a raid chest. Why wouldn’t there be?

So you didn’t read what I wrote…I said that in its current form it’s slanted and too effing unbalanced to be like a regular reward item like the other chest - which are well balanced. And i said there could be rewards and stuff for those who like it.

Go ahead and enjoy your cups and other rewards, but the chest need to be replaced with something else, 'cause it is stupid the way it is implemented.

Hard to tell what you really mean when you say “slanted” and “unbalanced”. I certainly don’t find raids that way. IMHO they are, and have always been, the best part of the game.

I will steal all your Ham, all day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

1 Like

Come at me, Cute Baby.

1 Like

I think you may be out of my league. Just broke 3000 hp with my team.

That is my son, he is 9 months old but looks like he is about 2. Thanks :smile:

2 Likes

Nice idea, but what is wrong id that you shouldn’t have to be a data analyst to figure out how to play raids.

It depends on whether you want to play or to win raids. :wink: If one player wins another player looses. Does a defeated player want to loose? I guess, no. It means that you have to be skilled to win more than loose. This is a game. It’s like playing chess: if you want to win you have to be ahead of your partner in planning moves.

Disagree. I believe the need to be a data analyst to win raids is one of the cooler things about the game. (Though I also think you might be being a little hyperbolic.)

Raids are quite obviously slanted towards the defender. I’ve realized that if I just accept every single raid enemy I will inevitably grow because the game will give you better boards against tougher opponents. The number of times I’ve lost by 1 turn is rather high, I’ve also noticed that many, many heroes will have no gems and right as they are one hit away will suddenly get enough gems on the board to activate the special right before they are killed. It’s so consistent I’m not even frustrated by it anymore as I know I’ll just get it the next time. I can say I’m growing in the raiding ranks consistently with a 2 wins out of 10 ratio but I’ve got a not great team right now.

Not slowly, it increases very fast when we don’t hit them.

We are talking about mana on defense right? I would not call 1 tile/turn very fast :smiley:
It takes 8 turns for a fast mana user to get his special if you don’t hit him at all :slight_smile:

I think it is not fair for this stituation.

So how would you propose that the defense team gets mana?

The defense team should get the majority of their mana from the tiles that hit them, and minor mana from the same color tiles that are sent up, regardless of whether or not the tiles hit them.

So, if an attacker launches three yellow tiles at a red defending hero, the red defender get a small amount of mana for each tile that hit them, and the yellow hero also on the defending team gets a smaller amount of mana for each yellow tile the attacker sent.

It should not be that, when the attacker launches 3 yellow tiles, all defending heroes gain mana.

1 Like

The attacker has vast, vast advantages. It is only the barest excuse for the tiniest compensation that defenders get a bit of mana each turn.

1 Like