Raids Suck

Raids are hard early on I good this, they are great now, of you use a hero of each colour you are likely not going to win at raids very often. ITV had helped me under the need for more heroes and a greater spread. With multiple colour heroes for example, Grimm and Perseus, I look to target teams with a red presence, reroll and even with half decent blue gems it will obliterate Azlar for example. Keep at it, you have to be smart and then judge your strategy based on the board you get.

I don’t know anything about you or your level. I am willing to bet you are 3200-3500 team power. This is the point I reached and raids started to suck.

If I may offer way way way too much advice. Search for raidind in the top 1000. I have written stupidly long in the topic and how to get out of the “suck”

This is a really cool game. I hated raiding, but now I love it. I just needed a little bit of new information.

My 2 cents…

3 Likes

@Wormwood posted a cool video about a 3 man raid team. Check it out. Just another strategy to use to make them interesting again.

To be honest I like them. I will steal your food all day long if I could. Maybe not yours because your team is probably stronger than mine but you get what I am saying.

Happy Raiding! :wink:

I agree, but when you become stronger, you’ll:
Find a baseline formula for success and
Your Hero Lineup will be better suited for opponents.

Remember tho, board layout and tile placement cannot be accounted for in developing your RAID strategy

1 Like

None of your assumptions is correct. I am using the right colors and capabilities. My team is stronger than 3400 and I have several 5 star heros. It‘s always the same - you win a couple, then lose even more. It‘s just frustrating, that‘s all. And you never win anything except ressources.

And btw., I have strategies and 4 star Tripp’s, leveled up to 10. I managed to win several raids for my friend‘s acoount in a row, even against stronger teams . It’s no rocket science, just some low-Level strategy does the job - not sure what‘s wrong with my account…

Troops, of course - might not be able to answer again, the number of posts is limited here. Annoying.

1 Like

If you’re losing more than you win on raid attack then, given all the advantages attackers have, you are doing something terribly wrong. There are dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts in the forum explaining how to attack successfully. I suggest you read them and attempt to implement their advice.

Edit: And if you want to amend a previous answer, you don’t need a new post to do it. You can edit, like this. That way you needn’t threaten your post limit, if there is one,

Actually, raids DO suck lately.
I have been having some terrible boards, dropped down to platinum and stayed there, because I got thoroughly tired of this stuff.

And - lo and behold - now when I try to raid comfortably in platinum, I still get opponents with 4000+ team power who also have 2300+ cups.

Hellooo???

And I do not care if people wish to call me a cup dropper. I am tired of this stuff. Exactly how far do I have to drop in order to fill my chest comfortably, without facing the same kind of opponents that I see when I have 2500 cups?

2 Likes

I bounce between 2250 and 2550 cups. My team power is about 3800. I find that the raiding is pretty reasonable under 2300 cups…yes you still see those monster teams but a reroll or 2 quickly finds you a “reasonable” opponent.

3 Likes

@bluenoser

Thank you, dear. Let me try that.
I did drop to 2200+ cups while raiding today, actually, and then managed to score a few wins and at least stick my nose in platinum :slight_smile:

I will take your advice. Thank you.

1 Like

Not quite… I think I covered all the angles. I got you now, and the bit where you’re having the difficulty is covered by this:

Do you tweak your defence to keep yourself in a cup range that presents you with comfortable opponents?

It looks like you’ve hit your ‘wall’. This was covered. The reason I continue to win 7 or 8 out of 10 of my attacks on a ongoing basis is because I tailor my position in my cup range to my desired win rate. (I find only winning about half my matches too much of an exercise in masochism. Some like the challenge… I just like to fill my flippin’ chest).

My 80% win rate cup level has dropped in recent times from 2400 to 2100 and now more recently to a bit under 2000. The cup level isn’t important to me. The win rate is. Why? I have a chest to fill. (Did I say that already?)

My cup level has been dropping because more people with better teams than me are gathering where I am in cups… dropping from higher because diamond loot is not worth the effort… and also more players coming in to the game (many who are not shy to spend in money or time) who are on the rise.

Is this a problem for me? Not at all… I don’t let ego get in the way of filling my raid chest. So… I still continue to win 7 or 8 out of every 10 of my encounters.

It’s not ‘unfair’that you have hit your wall in raids. It’s simple reality… and it will only suck if you insist on trying to maintain your position at the wall. Drop cups… it will be more fun, believe me.

4 Likes

@Little_Infinity

Well said indeed.
I completely agree.

1 Like

My average cups have dropped from roughly 2150 to closer to 2000 with the cup droppers moving down. My defense team, which was the basic team I used to reach platinum in the first place, seems to be keeping me in a comfortable zone for chest filling in lower platinum without further adjustment so far.
I did hit diamond tier briefly, got a chest there, and won a few fights. For me the minimal difference in loot wasn’t worth the significant difference in the raiding difficulty. I probably could stick up in diamond if I wanted to dedicate a lot of effort to it, but I’m playing to have casual fun, not focus my life on a ‘second job’ I don’t enjoy all that much. These days I don’t actively dislike raiding as much as I used to, but it’s also not my favorite aspect of the game.

2 Likes

Exactly… and the side effect of you being dropped down to the low 2000s is that I’m now in your zone, so you’ll be raiding me (and probably winning if you existed in diamond for a while) and will be presenting me with harder defences when I go hunting.

That’s the reality of the situation, and the reason my cup level has dropped (quite naturally without me actively trying to drop them).

1 Like

Don’t worry about me. I lasted about three hours in diamond, and only won any fights at all by spending a lot of food on rerolls for opponents who didn’t have a 500 team point advantage. It’s a viable strategy if the important thing is cup bragging rights, but in terms of benefit in the hero chest and food returns, it’s extremely counterproductive.
Maybe once I have some of my other 5* heroes fully leveled it might be more viable, but right now it’s out of my realistic play range.

1 Like

So after playing around on my test account for a while I’m starting to see where these posts come from.

The stupid alt never gets attacked unless it is a revenge; not once since I started playing on that account. I don’t know why, I leave 54k ham often in my tower (which would be 27k showing) and the defense team is able to be beaten stupid and it’s sitting around 1200 cups right now. My non-stupid alt, when it’s at that level, gets attacked all the time with an equivalent or actually better team showing.

So what do raids look like with my 3-4 3*'s and 1-2 4* 3/60’s?

3-5 x 70’s.

Likely to win? Nope. I’ll go through 8-12 rerolls before finding an equivalent target… and I typically perform pretty well against equivalent targets and it just exacerbates the problem.

In a rational world I should be attacked and shouldn’t be at this cup level with this team, but for some reason I’m not being attacked and as a result raids do kinda suck right now and I’ve been rather disinterested in raiding on that account.

I know, I know: I could just purposely lose a bunch of fights but that’s not fun.

I’m getting the impression I’m not the only one who isn’t being attacked, and being at significantly over natural cup values, does indeed make raiding not so fun.

Come to think about it I may need to put in a support ticket as this doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

So I guess I’m going to turn that vid into a series :slight_smile: I recently did all greens and all purples… So fun…

2 Likes

How did they turn out? I pulled a few yesterday and got nothing at all.

My raiding has been a lot better since I started taking my time. That and now I have a few more heros leveled higher to help out.

I use:

Tib 3/5, Joon 2/43, Nat 2/33, Caed 3/12, Kiril 3/1

Those raids with all same color heroes are getting better every time. I’ve actually started raiding to fill my chest this way to make it more interesting… I’m posting all that content in my youtube channel as I don’t want to inundate this forum with that stuff. I think I’ll also do the 3 hero challenge with all same color (all colors eventually) as well…

It’s good that you take your time to think about it. You’ll get used to seeing the patterns and pick up the pace as time passes. Also, it’s nice to go into raids not expecting anything other than having fun, it eliminates so much stress when you lose and it feels really good when you win. It’s supposed to be fun after all…

I’m not sure what cup range you’re raiding at, but that is an excellent team to have. Just imagine how much better they’ll be when they’re maxed out !!!

2 Likes