Raids Suck

I had similar opinion to Raids in the early days. It has changed somewhat, and while I don’t particularly LOVE it, I at least get on with it and can happily do them for the hero missions. (It actually is a nice break from map farming and Titans, really).

Consistently losing 10 out of 10 raids to weaker opponents indicates to me that you are either:

• Too low level at present. (Raids are no fun until you’ve built a decent team and preferably have some depth to it to be able to swap heroes to better match your opponent, or at least be able to afford to easily re-roll for better opponents

or

• Simply not approaching with the correct strategy. Do you double on the tank, or on dangerous opponent colour? Do you ghost to build your mana without opponent building theirs? Do you favour vertical lines to target single opponents over horizontal that build mana of several at once? Do you play with fast (or at worst average) mana regen heroes with offensive capabilities? Do you apply judgement as to when to trigger dragon shields and shards? Do you apply judgement as to when to trigger your specials? And most importantly: Do you re-roll your opponents to choose the ones you have good chance of taking down?

Really if you are applying some or all of these principles (and really I am no raiding expert by any means) you should be winning between 7 and 10 out of 10 of your raids until you hit your ‘wall’ (i.e. the highest you can climb in cups without facing really tough opposition). When you hit your wall you may lose more than you win for a bit and you’ll drop after which you’ll win more than you lose again… and so on.

Do you tweak your defence to keep yourself in a cup range that presents you with comfortable opponents? I do - I choose the low 2000 range to keep me in Platinum, but can still maintain my 80% (approx) win rate.

When I learned some of the correct principles of raiding, and more importantly, realised I have the power to tweak my cup level to ease my frustration level, they moved from a ‘hate’ relationship to an acceptance (at worst) and even some ‘like’ thrown in.

9 Likes