Raids Suck

It has actually gotten even worse since the update. Now, characters don’t gain mana as fast as they did and we’re losing to teams 500 points lower rather than 300 points. Way to go in the wrong direction developers! Attaboy! You’ve run thousands off this game and continue to drive people away. Some folks don’t care about story line much and just want a fun and fair PvP system.
Don’t mind losing, but I fought a team yesterday with the same characters as mine, exactly the same, and watched his mana generate at almost double my rate, care to run an explanation by us? Of course you don’t, never received a reply yet, why would you start now.
Anyone have a suggestion for a different game with similar style? About out of here…

Are you losing on attack to teams 500 points lower? And do you mean TP?

If so then you are likely just setting up your attack team badly.

4 Likes

I am dangling between platinum and diamond. From my experience, I noticed that during the times that my raid chest is grayed out, I am not having trouble with winning raids that gives 40+ points. I stack 3 colors to take out the tank and 2 same color to take out the hero next to it. Then I use the the gaps to ghost. Usually that time, I will be 100 and sometimes 200 points above platinum. When the raid chest is available, it is a completely different story. Colors I need to take out the tank is either not a lot or separated across the board. Unnecessary chain attacks from other colors make things worst and excels the opponents mana. Last, I drop 100-200 point when I am offline. FYI, my defense team is 3800s. I get it, the devs don’t want to give out better prizes or more gems. I already expected that. So pretty much, RAID SUCKS. I am pretty sure I am not the only one who thinks so. Otherwise, this thread won’t be quite so long.

You do not have to open the chest. Gryphonkit, my wife, leaves it closed if RNG is bad to her 4-1 team. Then opens it it Diamond.

While I boycott Tourneys, she uses them to help fill her chest. She almost has two rainbow 3*+19 teams which helps with the current 75g to continue.

4 Likes

Thank you Gryphonknight for the tip. I been doing that. I end up using extra 1-3 raid flags to bounce back up to diamond. If it is so far off, I just go with the platinum for the sake of being efficient with the reset time. Cheers.

1 Like

Yeah, raids suck. The point is to figure out why and then figure out how to counteract that.

You have no control over what happens to your defense once you set it up. That being the case, don’t worry about it. You (and me, and everyone else) WILL lose on defense. You will drop cups, sometimes many, many cups.

This thread talks about losing 300 to 500 cups within a half hour offline.

Some kind of record!

On attack, things are changing as emblems are being used more, especially on 4* heroes. That disrupts things as fighting the same heroes now produces different results. I have fought a BT with 11 emblems who revived on me 5 times in a row. That is 5 moves I need to worry about him not recovering health and the other heroes I’m facing charging up on me.

I go through periods where RNG gives me great boards and I go through periods where RNG gives me boards that go nowhere. A diamond in an off-colour that is replaced entirely with more off-colour gems doesn’t help me at all. It does however charge up the defense to knock me out. I hit these whether filling the chest or not, although in general I don’t bother to raid unless I’m filling the chest. I will if I’m just below diamond to get above for opening the chest. When boards are bad I just stop raiding for a while and try again later.

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the game.

If players are terrible at raiding, they need to learn how to get better at the game, and they need to continue to find stronger heroes and to level them up. There’s lots of guides, and lots of videos. Search for them. Invest the time reading and watching. And keep playing, practicing, farming, and growing your heroes. It’s entirely up to your own control. Perhaps patience is also in need of strengthening.

That’s the cold hard truth.

2 Likes

The game is not a steady progression. There are lots of plateaus that you reach that you then have to suffer through before you can advance further in the game to the next plateau. Players stuck at the plateau stagnate and blame the game.

I’m at a plateau myself. I’ve maxed who i can and I need more mats to progress further,

2 Likes

and @TGW

I will try to Show how it worked out for me.

My 5 first 4* heroes were Kiril, Chao, Tiburtus, Little John and Boril.

I was stuck with them for quite some time so I developed the following startegy.

I exclusively attacked red tanks , AoE heroes were a plus, Riposte hero were a no go, stuppid positioning and color choice of heroes were a plus. :smile:

So yes I spent some food on rerolls but all in all it worked quite well.

Look at what you have. Look what your opponents have and make the best of it.

If you are very unlucky and have 0 synergy with your 4* heroes emblem up some 3*'s and fill the gaps.

Good luck with your further summonings.

3 Likes

It is easy to kill a defence team if 200 points above you

You just need to leatn and give your heroes minimal health

I dont understand why after all this time the raid part of this game has not gone true player vs player. LET ME BE CLEAR YOUR ALGARYTHM IS JUNK! Players7 build teams and expect the strength they spend time and effort to built to count for something. Battles should not be decided before they start by a computer system and without a true strength on strength system your rankings and your program means absolutely squat. It has driven many great dedicated players from the game and the loss of funds to you countless. I would think you were able to comprehend that.

I’m sorry I had trouble comprehending the intent of your post, as you raised lots of thoughts.

Are you criticising the raiding process? Currently, opponents are chosen based on total cups, not TP strength. Are you suggesting this should change?

Are you suggesting the outcome of a battle is predetermined? I’m not sure what you are basing this theory on, as the tiles are random and sometimes they are great for the heros you have chosen, other times not so much. Or is this a general statement / hunch?

Somehow this is connected to “many great dedicated players” being driven from the game? Again a general statement, can you provide examples.

This forum is for people who play the game, just like you. So I’m not sure who you are addressing in your closing sentence “I would think you were able to comprehend that”.

Again, I had trouble comprehending your many thoughts, I hope the intended audience of your post has more success.

Cheers

2 Likes

It does count for something. Players with strong rosters who are good at team selection and tile play generally win over 80% of their offensive raids.

Or are you suggesting that it should be completely impossible for a lower cup or lower TP team to win?

1 Like

Ok let me spell it out! 1. Yes the raids are predetermined by the algarythm before the first tile is moved, I have seen it time and time again that even on a great gem board very little to no damage is done to the team being raided and specials have little effect. 2. Many other games that have a player on player feature are live not computer generated after all this time how could it still be computer vs player not player vs. player live and online? 3. Yes raids should be matched by team power not cups and in order for lower level teams to do battle with teams 200 to 300 team power above them they should have to earn it by building their team strength. 4. People spend money to play and they should be rewarded by having the teams they built count for something. 5. If you are a dev how in the world can you not see how frustration from long time players because of issues like this that make the game seem pointless causes them to leave? It appears to me the more players the more money the game makes and losing just 1 pay to play player is a bigger issue than gaining 10 free to play players. I have seen many long time players leave the game due to issues like this. Hope I made my point clear!!!

Now because I made valid points I expect what always happens the issue to go unanswered, unaddressed and the post removed be the admin.

No but the teams that do battle should be more equal and players should have to earn the ability to fight higher teams by building strength not by a computer.

Just wait a week alor two and acsend and your heroes will do lts of damage. You are just new…

Where’s all that frustration coming from? Your defense being kicked around a lot or the inability to win on offense? If it’s the first one, let it go… no defense you will ever build will be unbreakable. That’s that, color stacking makes it impossible. Anyway, you will never know what happened on your defense fights, or what team the enemy used to defeat you, so defense will never bring you any direct satisfaction, further than seeing some green in your watch tower’s raids list… If it’s the second, the problem is not with the game, it’s either with your roster depth or with your gameplay tactics. No raids are or could ever be premeditated as long as you are in control of moving the tiles around. Even if given the perfect board, you could easily manipulate it so that you loose on purpose, that’s easy, thus there is no predetermined result to any raid… maybe, that’s just not the game for you… throwing money at it won’t solve your problem, it will only further feed your frustration…
By the way, don’t worry, you’re already being answered, nobody’s gonna remove your posts from the forum, as long as they are civil (that’s not how things are done around here, I should know, I vented my fair share of frustration here) and I’m not entirely sure what you mean by unaddressed…are you really expecting the game developers to change the whole raiding system because you don’t like it?

3 Likes

Where? You made some unsubstantiated conspiracy theory claims, and then griped alot about how lower power teams are capable of winning.

You’ve had one thread locked that you started to complain about moderation practices while also complaining about raids. And even then, the post wasn’t hidden:

The rest of your complaint posts are all still floating around too. You can see them by looking at the replies and the threads you started, from your profile:

Indeed, it looks like you do nothing BUT complain, and none of the posts have been hidden.

3 Likes

Ian there was a similar issue when wars first started and they found a way to make that process more equitable for all how is raids so different? My frustration exist due to undeveloped teams. For example. I recently was raided by a team who won ok no big deal but the defence was 3800 power no emblem not 1 fully developed hero no emblems with highest level troop was a 4* lvl 6. My attacking team was a 4241 5 fully developed 5* level 24 4* troops with a minimum of 2 emblems each I lost the revenge 3 times. The gem boards allowed my to move 3 gems at a time no combos would line up and as a result I could not build any mana. All I am saying in an undetermined match as you say how was this big of a gap in team power was it even possible to get beat that soundly by such a weak defence if matches are not pre determined? Some other matches have been similar but that one is very fresh in my memory wish I had taken a screenshot to post