Raids should be more evenly matched

I just watched the video you posted, and it looks like your opponent was definitely on the strong side (I’d guess they’re cup dropping since I’ve seen weaker teams with higher cups). Opponent aside, though, I also noticed some other things that you might be able to do to improve your raiding in general:

• Try to level/ascend more attack-oriented heroes. I saw that you have Boldtusk and Grimm, which are two excellent heroes for raiding since they synergize well together.
  • Make sure to take time to study the board and make special tiles as often as you can. I noticed quite a few points where you missed opportunities to match 5 for a crystal (2:30 for purple, 2:41 for yellow, 3:00 for yellow).
  • Remember that ghosting (i.e. clearing tiles so that they don’t hit anything) charges your mana at double the normal rate without charging your opponents. Once you clear out the tank, make ghosting through the resulting gap a priority so that you can use your specials to defeat the rest.
2 Likes

I’ve been hearing a lot from both sides of the fence about the balance/imbalance of raid battles here. Those that are frustrated as heck and those that feel the raid issues are minimal.
I for one heavily lean towards the frustrated as heck side. I’ve studied the vids I’ve read the tips/tricks and team dynamics, and to be honestly truthful, all that means a heck of beans. I’m getting absolutely no where with these raids lately. When one has a battle that the cup rewards are far less than the loss (hence a lower skilled team) and STILL get destroyed, not just lose, but get totally destroyed!!!..HOUSTON,… WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!
Words cannot describe the massive imbalance raids have. I don’t think a fix will help. Raids need to be totally re-written. You can only tune it so far but when patch in new variables on top of new variables of so called balancing… it’s time to scrap the mess created and start from scratch.

2 Likes

Need to make a note on your last tip about ghosting. True you get double the charge but the opponents do in fact get a charge too, even if none of the tiles hit anything. This is one of the major BS factors that are currently in raids.

1 Like

The opponents get a small amount of mana for specials every turn, regardless of your actions. Ghosting means you’re not adding anything more to their basic boost, but short of a mana control special like Hel or Proteus you can’t stop them from gaining something.

This ghosting works only to a point, I also get slaughtered many times by weaker far teams mostly because because they get a shots every turn and your not getting any tiles you need to fight back and by the time your mana is up and just as it is full they kill that hero off before you get a shot in.

@lexinen thanks for the feedback but that doesn’t change the fact that these far stronger teams should be turning up in the refill system against teams closer to their strengths as we ever hear is they cup dropped and this capability is what makes the whole system unfairly matched and why matching should be done according to team strengths and not cups.

I can get to 1800 cups fighting teams with around my own TP strengths but honestly what is the absolute point of even trying to get there when all you get back out of it is being attacked by teams far far stronger with no chances of defeating them and find yourself back to where you started. This isn’t about skill at all it’s all about power and control within the game by the game.

After having reached 1800 cups 3 times now and destroyed back down to 1500 over night each time has only lead me to give up on raids and now also understand why so many (after chating in the chat rooms) have given up on them as well. All these cups prove is how much of an ■■■ hole (politely speaking) these high cup teams are picking on much/fat weaker teams to get thier thrills and cups up which doesn’t involve any skill what so ever at all and in fact requires none.

Like everything else about this game, the more you play it the it takes the enjoyment out of it and replaces it with do it, frustration, disappointment and dispear because no matter what you do the system is designed to squash you down back to no thing.

Call me when raids are actually fairly matched, until then there noting more than acwaste of skilless time and effort.

Cheers

1 Like

Yeah but they get that small charge even if you hit them, they get it every turn. But the autogain is pretty small, nost of the defenses mana comes from tile hits->ghosting prevents this.

I’m in the middle on raids. I will admit improvements are needed.
I tried an experiment once, I was raided 3 times while I was asleep. I didn’t get revenge I left it.
For 3 days I wasn’t raided once!
Then I got revenge and beat all 3 of my previous raiders. Excellent I thought .
Within 10 minutes of logging off I was raided by someone. It’s almost like the A.I forgets you are there lol.
Let’s face it raids are down to 2 major factors.

1. Good board for a win.
  2. The A.I is an idiot! And we need to trust it with our team while we are away.

There seems to be coding in place which dictates where you should be trophy wise, I sit in the 2500, If I go to far into 2600 I’m raided afew times quite quickly to bring me back down, once in the 2500 I’m left alone, it’s very strange.

All I can say is for a game that boosts it has over a million players the raid selection is very short team wise as it’s either the same few that keep being rerolled or out of the so called million players there are only few within our cup range.

You would expect that within a million the chances of getting the same teams every day or two would be extremely slim to none.

As for the raids when I reach 1800 I’m instantly raided about 15 to 20 times within a 12hr period and when below that about 1 to 3 times in a 24hr period and sometimes not at all.

But the next question is why is it once you reach 1800 the only teams that attack you are all fully ascended 5* teams 800 to 1200 more in power than you are and when you reroll it’s the same thing never displaying teams lower than mine.

So based on that why is it I can’t reroll lower powered teams but yet all these so called cup droppers with far higher team powers reroll me a much much far weaker opponent.

None of these points can be considered randomness but more like preset coding factors to force players down.

This also means that (for example) gold level players are matched up with platinum level players.

For this game to fairly match there needs to be a level divided point which doesn’t allow (again an example) gold member to be matched against a platinum member and visa get.

If this system was hard set across the board for all games then matching may just become more equally manageable.

1 Like

I agree. Raiding used to be fun, and I would win about half the time, but now all matches are unwinnable. I loose to teams 400 points weaker than me. They whipe my team out before i’ve gained full mana on even one player. Really stupid nd frustrating. I really wish Small Giant would fix this

Responding to a topic been made in almost 1 year ago … wow History.

I agree, I’m@ lvl 17. They matched me up with a lvl 24 player. My trophies are @ 590, theirs are 971, my team power is at 2005, theirs is 2463. I don’t spend money to play, I play on merit alone so I don’t have all these expensive rare, epic and legendary heros that they have leveled to the max. I think its bull that they think that level and trophies don’t matter. YES IT DOES! I only have common and only one 4* hero. It is totally unfair I’m about to refuse to play another raid. I notice I only win when my power lvl is higher than theirs. I have NEVER won against a host power lvl…Ever!..So you see, I share your frustration:(

Is it really that freaking hard to back off the rate at which the opposing team recoups mana?!?! Seems like everyone here has the same complaint yet y’all can’t seem to figure out how to fix it after over a year?!?! There’s no reason why someone 3 levels below me and 300 less than me in power should be able to wipe out my entire team before I get 1 toon’s mana charged up enough to hit them even once!!! It’s ridiculous!!! And to require anyone to subject themselves to this torment daily in order to accquire items they have to have is complete madness!!! Either fix it or take it off the daily goals or completely out of the game until you can figure out how to get it right just like y’all did with the alliance wars!!! There’s plenty of other things that your players could be doing instead of dealing with this madness or being on here complaining about the same crap y’all have been aware of there being a problem with for over a year!!! Come on!!! Get it together guys!!!

1 Like

You are not the first who complain about being defeated by a “weaker” team. But in fact you missed important thing about heroes as strategies.

I’d strongly recommend you reading this topic:

I read the article and there was no new information in it that I wasn’t already aware of but thank you for your attempt to help anyway. When picking an opponent to battle, I take all of those strategies into consideration and reroll accordingly. However, my issue is with the rate in which an opponent gains Mana. I can have exactly the same toon as my opponent in all respects and avoid hitting them every possible way and they’ll still hit me with their special attack 3 times before I even hit them once with mine even when I only match that color in the puzzle. It’s even more frustrating when the person is much lower in level and power than I am and I have Rigard and Boldtusk on my team.

I am a solid level 27 player with 4* heroes and currently i am raiding with 2050+ trophies. So if you learn your match ups and what fights to pick and what not you can move up the raiding system. I easily defeat players that are much higher then me on a regular basis and I don’t see how you can balance it out much more then it already is.

This game is all based on patience. I would recommend getting a somewhat of a round field of 4s before jumping into the 5s if you are struggling to stay in the diamond range.

Response to @Jauntyjess

1. Matches are currently 300 pts of each other so that wouldn’t change much as people fluctuate super easy.
  2. Re-roll charged is based on your SH x 10 so if your still leveling you can still mitigate the damages here or just level up your farms.

I would rather prefer to see levels closer together rather then trophies but then a person could argue that P2P will take a major advantage in this. As I have seen on my own threads the F2P is determined on keeping this leveled.

Anyone know why the tower shows you the defense team that raided you instead of the actual team of heroes that raided you? That seems illogical. Seeing the heroes that raided you and beat you would help you determine your weaknesses of your defense team so that you can improve it. This change seems like an easy one that requires little development.

1 Like

It shows the defense team because that is what you said face on revenge. But it really would be nice to see what offense beat your team. This has been suggested frequently.

1 Like

My only complaint is having to use hams to reroll. I’ve faced many that have way higher TP and won. I have a 3200TP team and frequently take down 4K teams. This is strategy on facing such opponents. As the attacker, you have the advantage on what heros you take to fight with. You have an advantage in the game if you are in an alliance starting out because you learn you need more than just 5 heros and more than 1 of each color troop. You start building a bench that you can use to stack against your opponent. There’s no need to be upset when you lose a match that you should win due to a bad board. It happens and will always happen in any match game using random boards. Adapt and learn new ways to take out higher TP opponents.

The raid system is totally rigged in favor of defenders. When you reach a certain level it is almost impossible to beat higher ranked players and 8 out of 10 times you lose to lower ranked ones. I am probably using it once a week, it is such a waste of time. Don’t have to anyways since I win 8 out of 10 when attacked. Never seen such a useless, not thought through feature in a game.

im in the same boat
i keep going from 1750 cups when i wake up i go down to about 1600 ish cups i win a few but loose more than i win im working hard on upping my tropps i then got to fight hard to get my cups back rely sucks also
if they raid me and i win i want the option to raid them back this bit sucks big time think of a battle if you attacked my castle lost almost all your troops i should be able to go out and clean you up come on lets make this even for pvp ps sorry if i raid you :smiley:

1 Like