Raids on a more even plane!

Many do have stronger teams because they have money to burn!! I could spend my below poverty level income, but I choose my priorities wisely.

1 Like

The problem with team strength is that it is very misleading. Certain types of heroes work better or worse together (for example, attack-increasing heroes work better with a team of high-attack-stat heroes and worse with a team of healers), and this isn’t reflected at all in team strength numbers. As a result, matching raids based on team strength would actually lead to more mismatches, not less.

Trophies work better (for the most part) because it’s basically a running history of your wins and losses against similarly-ranked opponents. Over time, your trophy count should settle into a range where you should be winning about as often as you lose. If you’re running into more losses than wins, that just means that your trophy count is higher than it should be for your skill level, and eventually losses will move you back into your normal range. As you obtain and level stronger heroes and hone your strategies, you’ll start winning more, and your trophy count will increase until you hit a new stable range.

That being said, I do remember raids starting out to be extremely difficult at low levels since nearly every opponent within 300 trophies had full 3* teams compared to my starter team. Perhaps reducing the matching range to +/- 100 for bronze tier would help with this. Once you get over that hump, though, things should improve.

3 Likes

You got to be kidding me right? If strength is misleading then fix it. Whatever mismatch explains why I can (rarely) defeat up to 200 stronger team’s, and I have defense increase hero with healer. The fact is that I just spent 70k food rerolling only to find 1 team within the range of ± 150 points. And then I got a pop up asking me to buy resources. Is this your idea of a free game? Forcing us to spend money? Spare us the mumbo jumbo explaining nothing and let us fight a fair fight!

1 Like

I’m always attacking teams stronger than mine, and I win a fair bit. Choosing your heroes wisely is half the fun! If I lose, so what. I’ll win again later.

4 Likes

Don’t waste your hams rerolling. Cups are meaningless, and team synergy is far more important than team power. Look at the defensive heroes and what they do, and tailor your team to beat them. There are several good posts about raiding strategies here in the forum. I’ll link one here for you.

4 Likes
1 Like

Is it an even plane when an Alliance has an Energy Boost against an Alliance that doesn’t?

I fully agree with you!!

Really? Choosing teams wisely? Do you think that’s the true issue here?

Thank you for your input and the link. I’ll certainly check it out!

Quote/Trophies work better (for the most part) because it’s basically a running history of your wins and losses against similarly-ranked opponents. Over time, your trophy count should settle into a range where you should be winning about as often as you lose. If you’re running into more losses than wins, that just means that your trophy count is higher than it should be for your skill level, and eventually losses will move you back into your normal range. As you obtain and level stronger heroes and hone your strategies, you’ll start winning more, and your trophy count will increase until you hit a new stable range./quote

This comment alone not only says it all but goes to prove that fights are not only not fair but are based solely on your level and how much time and money you have spent on or in the game.
It basically and bluntly states that it doesn’t matter how good you are or that you have organised your stratagies as fairness is based on how many cups your level is allowed to have and that fights are not based on strength alone which at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter how strong you are if you haven’t paid enough money to quickly increase your level or spent the numerous amounts of months working at it.

I also have come across things like times your strongest team which does well for so many fights and your cups are increasing nicely and then all of a sudden thier shots don’t have the same impact as it did before and you start losing everything and it seems like no matter how hard or hood uour team you can’t get above a certain amount if cups.

WELL; Boys and Girls this comment above says it all and prooves my thoughts I’ve had that this game is in fact rigged to firce you to lose to firce you feel like the only way ahead is to spend money.

Out of all the 100s of battle strategy and hero strength comment I have heard and read about this is on this forum THIS COMMENT has got to be the only one that actually makes sense and speaks the truth down to a tee because it bluntly reads IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE WE WILL HOLD YOU BACK AND SLOW YOU DOWN IN AN ATTEMPT TO INCREASE OUR REVENUE AND GIVE PAYING PLAYS A GREATER ADVANTAGE OVER YOU.

So the honest response to that is why the fact even waste our time trying if you have no intentions spending money in the game as your FORCED to not be able to increase or improve .

1 Like

If you are that good why can’t you beat a 500 more powerful team?

100% CORRECT!! It’s the ugly truth about the Gaming industry. Actually there’s a few games that are fair enough. But NOT in the RPG Industry, NO WHERE ~ NO HOW!!

I win against teams with over 700 more power than me. You just gotta know how to raid and chose your team. If you are not able to do so then you should evolve and learn as much as you can.

I also got stuck a several times not being able to find very suitable opponents to fight, but that’s because you pushed your teal power level as far as you could push… The matchmaking is made according to the amount of trophies you have. So If you only find strong people that’s because you’re that the top of your trophies for the team poiwer you have.

The only way to move forward is to keep getting stronger. Makes no sense wanting to reach 2600 trophies with a 3000 power team.

Just relax and take the game slow and leave yourself time to evolve.

2 Likes

Both Alliances get the same war rule applied to their defense. When you’re struggling to defeat teams that have arrows or healing or attack buffs, your opponents also have to deal with your defense teams doing the exact same thing.

So yes, I would call that an even plane.

1 Like

Something is wrong with cups. More and more teams with strength +300 are taking 30-50 cups from me. In same time I never get +30-50 cups for beating similar or lower strength teams. To get 30 cups from someone I have to beat at least 200-300 stronger teams. How these stronger teams can get so good deals? I’m just so unlucky or what?

1 Like

You have more cups than them. Only that.

You are wrong. Few minutes ago I lost 38 cups to team with 287 more strength and 100 more cups.

1 Like

He maybe got the cups later. When you are matched the game calculate the cups you can win/lose based on the cup difference between the players. If he has 300 more cups you get +50 if win. If you have the same +25. 300 less +1.

1 Like

think about it for a second. You lost 38 cups, that means he gained 38 cups. That also means that there was a 76 cup swing if you are comparing the differences between you two relative to the comparison before the battle happens. Then he just needs to win a couple more battles after you and he will have a lot more cups than you.