Raids matchups

Ok, so I’ve played this game now for about 5-6 months. It feels like recently (since the update most drastically) that there has been something off with raids.
My last 24 raids (I got mad and started to track). I was the “favorite” in only 2. 20 of the remaining 22 raids it was a +45or more / - 10-15ish each time.
With all of the people who play this game it’s hard for me to imagine that there isn’t a fair matchup I can get…
Am I being “punished” by the algorithm because I don’t spend enough money?! Am I being punished because I won a few I shouldn’t have awhile ago!? What do I have to do to get a fair raid matchup???

@Garanwyn @Anaea Either of you want to take this one?

Swear to god…pic incoming.

I beat this team. For these cups. Using this team.

Yes, that is exactly what is happening.

1 Like

The good news is, it’s not just since the update, nor is it just you. But there does seem to be a persistent tendency, at least in Platinum arena, to match people against higher-cup opponents.

The median–probably the most interesting number for this distribution–is 63 cups higher, which translates to a normal fight wher your gain/loss is +36/-25 cups.

It would be really easy with those statistics to go on bad runs, though. Here’s a set of 25 matches I had that are bad like yours, but from before the update. There are only 5 raids in there where I was the favorite:

Cup Delta Win Gain
206 46.73
26 32.78
262 49.95
105 39.45
160 43.63
264 50.05
-273 10.49
252 49.42
6 31.03
-221 13.35
256 49.63
107 39.61
89 38.15
-25 28.31
-174 16.39
124 40.95
244 48.98
277 50.71
43 34.26
19 32.17
238 48.64
46 34.51
240 48.75
-66 24.77
37 33.74

So you can see it’s not just you it happens to. And I spend a fair amount, so I doubt I’m being punished :slight_smile:

Now, at least for me, I actually prefer it this way. I can generally win about 70% of these matches, and they have a good risk/reward ratio. If I lose, I don’t lose many cups. If I win, I win a good number.

2 Likes

Is it just me?

the pieces don’t fit to activate six heroes
when my team comes
and always the same way

I should not only criticize

because this Christmas event has had a significant improvement from my point of view on spoils
but already in wars, attacks and revenge
it’s hard almost no game anymore
due to this

I will forward images of my watchtower

and thanks for more hero 5 * misandra

I’m glad

but I would like to win a heroes of nature

I already have 18 tonic and in 21 months of play no legendary of nature

Seems as if you use the wrong teams against your opponents and/or choose to fight against opponents that are too stromg for you.

Reroll until you find a manageable opponent and adjust your attack team to counter your opponents’ heroes.

I’m in low/mid diamond and can win at least 80 % of my raid attacks. I avoid those 4500+ Ursena or Guin tank teams and rather fight against 3.9-4.2k teams with Aegir, Frida, or Kadilen tanks for instance.

2 Likes

Do you have Line?

20 chars

lines? can specific better

1 Like

It’s a free chat app players use to share videos and screenshots

Makes gameplay advice a lot easier

Picture worth 1k words and video worth 1k pictures kinda thing

TomSnow

Partner then my focus on attack and center and flank, I usually use formation 3-2 or also all of the same color

1 Like

Not use has the link?

1 Like

Are you asking if i have a link?

If you have it, then I access

I’m not sure what you mean but here is a link to the app:

Ok Thank you I will search

1 Like

If you need help, i probly wont be able to do much till later today… gotta work for that gem money

3 Likes

You could also post some examples of your attack teams and the respective opponents’ defense in the ‘Gameplay Help & Tactics’ subforum.

3/2 is usually a good formation: 3 heroes of the strong colour against the tank + 2 heroes with good counterbuffs/-debuffs against the special skills of the tank and/or the most dangerous opponents.

1 Like