🏆 Official Raids Index [June 2019] - Thoughts & Discussion

This topic is to discuss the new Raids Index we just have published here:

Some questions to ponder:

• What do you think of the top performing heroes? :thinking:
  • Any feedback on the infographic itself? Would you like to see more of these in the future? What kind of game statistics would you like to see? :spiral_notepad:

Special shout out to our moderators @zephyr1 & @Garanwyn for their input on the statistics! And to our data analyst and game designer for taking the time out to pull this data!

Let the discussion begin!

39 Likes

This is really neat. Gives me hope for my Bosswolf, whom I intend to take to 20 on Druid.

I absolutely would love to see more stats like this, the more statistics the better.

10 Likes

Very interesting to see the staff releasing official data.

Is this a first?

I don’t meet many Yunan in low/mid diamond. Could these stats trigger a spending spree on sand heroes?

20 Likes

between sand empire and seshat, it’s going to be a profitable couple weeks for SG for sure, moreso than last year.

If I recall, there were many who felt Yunan was not so great when he first came out. Now, however, he’s regarded quite well.

5 Likes

I think its a great idea, sharing some of the analytics you gather in fun way. I think I would like to see the top 5 or 10 rather than the top 3.

I’m surprised Boss Wolf is number 1 … He just doesn’t seem that tough. So the immediate thoughts are: 1. How big was the sample size - its says since launch of S2, but how many raids was that? 2. How many times was a Boss Wolf actually attacked? A small number of samples there could easily also cause odd results. 3. What methodology was used to determine best - pure number of wins or ratio of attacks to wins? Is it possible Boss Wolf had more at bats due to people targeting him, and therefore more opportunity to win (if it is just pure number of wins).

So as you can see, details for people like me would be good.

Also - A team of 1584 beat a 4000+ team? Nice. It should be able to happen, but it should be so rare that it is one in a million. It would be interesting to see a scatter plot of wins with attacking TP and defense TP being the two Axis. It would say a lot about how much time people should spend leveling a specific hero, before switching to the next…maybe max isn’t the right answer when you are developing a team.

16 Likes

@Petri What I would find interesting is to see, is a titan stat sheet

• Highest single titan hit (8* or above) and the team used, items used
  • Longest titan kill streak in a calendar year
  • Top 3 of players with highest cumulative titan scores in a calendar year
  • Rare titan item drop/appearance rate across all rares (total average given per alliance)
12 Likes

There are many challenges out there where people go into raids with only two heroes (Zim & Gravemaker are the most common I see) and try to wipe the board. I would bet it was a challenge like that. No need to fear the army of Aife just yet…

Edit: My own Zim+Grave is 1673, so this is quite plausible.

7 Likes

Good point! But I would always fear a team of all Aife’s.

13 Likes

Im surprised about BossWolf. But im not very surprised for GM not in top 3… Everyone has an anti GM team.
Im more afraid of kage than Guin… I have so many good purples

I only have Sartanna for the 3 classic attackers

My most perf heroes for me 4* included (in my roaster only, not general)

Def: Ares, khiona, Joon
Att: Wilbur, Joon, Gretel (HM: Buddy)
Class def: Joon, Sartana, Marjana
Class Att: Joon, Sartana, Horghall

Yes i use joon for everything

Titan: Ranvir (lucky me :slight_smile: ), Wukong, Wilbur.
For me Wilbur is one of the best hero of the game. He’s even better than most of the 5*

4 Likes

I thought it was weird that Isarnia was in the top classic defense heroes. When I raid a team with her on defense she’s almost always a non factor being slow and most put her in the corner

5 Likes

Two Kageburados + Lvl 11+ mana troops would be my choice (if I had two of them) to do this. A good starting board that allows to load them twice early might alreade take away four opponent heroes.

I suppose that two Isarnias and an early blue crystal would have an acceptable chance as well.

1 Like

Can we get some ideas of who the best 4 stars are in raids, statistically speaking? There are a lot of events now that feature 4s, so it would be nice to see if there are any surprises in there.

6 Likes

About the weakest team’s win (not team power but star’s level) I think we have a video:

49 Likes

I wouldn’t say that every Diamond league player has good anti GM heroes. P2W do have, but F2P/C2P might only have Rigard as cleaner (the only TC20 5* cleaner/healer is Vivica - in order to get one specific hero, you have to be quite lucky. Next, even if you have her, she has slow mana…) and maybe only slow or weak (attackwise) 5* heroes like Richard or Thorne.

If I have to fight a GM team, I usually bring Isarnia, Thorne, Grimm, Kiril and Rigard. I wouldn’t call that a particularly good anti-GM team :laughing:

Very cool! Thank you for sharing this.

I agree with @General_Confusion; I would love to see a bit more of the data behind this. As mentioned, even just the number of attacks on all three of the top victory rate heroes could be informative.

Also, I note that the three heroes with the top victory rates are all tanks. It would be very interesting to see what sort of heroes grade out well at the flank and wing positions.

I would also be curious to see the lineup of the ~1500 vs. ~4000 team.

7 Likes

Wilbur and Proteus are definitely among the top 5. In the current raid event Wilbur is the king, more than awesome (and terrible if you don’t have one and face him :crazy_face:).

Hänsel is most probably also one of the best 4* raid attack heroes (cannot tell as I don’t have him).

1 Like

I beat GM with Sonya, Triton and Kiril. 4* only

4 Likes

It would be awesome to see the entire list instead of just the top 3. It would answer the following 2 questions:

Which have the lowest rates of victory?
Where do you start to see 4* overtaking 5* heroes in victory rates? (I would expect Boldtusk, Kiril, Rigard, and Wilbur to be fairly high up the list and pass quite a few 5*)

5 Likes

Any feedback on the infographic itself?

This is a very neat infographic, good work!

Would you like to see more of these in the future?

Definitely!
By seeing datas many players could learn more things and improve their choices.

What kind of game statistics would you like to see?

• The most common tanks for Alliance Wars
  • The top Defenders & Attackers for raid tournaments
  • The most common emblemed heroes.
  • The most common heroes used on rare quests &class trials (for new players).
13 Likes