Raids: fair or unfair?

They will get boosted by an elemental def down or reduced by an elemental def up, but they default to 100% irrespective of color. Only specials like Hel, GM, Zeline and Ursena which explicitly say they do extra damage against a particular color get an automatic boost based on color.

1 Like

Does this mean I need to now change my avatar picture?

1 Like

Just asterisk it to: “for a given level of precision on ‘right.’”

1 Like

I can live with that :smile: The level of precision is approximately the same as drawing a HOTM.

1 Like

It was only 4, maybe 5 moves into the battle - it was definately a one hit kill, all 855 energy gone. Then, as I say, the same move in the next match, he “only” takes 545 energy.

Could’ve been a critical hit as has been suggested.

Been playing since Christmas and am up at the Gold/Platinum tier for rewards, but can’t solidly stay in Platinum.

There’s a random factor in the damage equation. It is possible for hits to swing between half strength and double strength, but they tend to hug the average fairly closely. It looks like you just got unlucky. If you play long enough, you’ll have it swing both ways. I’ve had heroes who were at half strength live through hard hits too.

STOP raiding teams WEAKER than YOU

I think that is rubbish that when you counter attack (revenge) you only get a fraction of what was lost. If you win a revenge shouldn’t you get back more than what was lost?

no, you do NOT have to raid - set a weak team and get your cups to zero - you wont be attacked after that.
and teams with a reposter in the middle - you actually have to be EXTREMELY unlucky not to win. color stack again them, and usually two 3-tile hits and they are down. after that the defense is doomed, because out of 5 heroes, 3 were non-damage-dealers.

Raids: fair or unfair? Well, you tell me :grin::grin::grin:

Ok, guys, just kiddin’ , don’t shoot me :grin::grin::grin:. Just part of the benefits of using a riposter on attack :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

yes, raids are unfair!

1. once you set up your defense team, you have no control over it, while you are being cherry-picked by an attacker. if attackers were going in blind, defense win/loss ratio would be much higher.
  2. in a fight, you have no control who to hit with your attacks, as well as when to use your specials. oftentimes it is beneficial to wait a turn and fire your buffer/debuffer, dispeller, cleanser after the opponents used their specials. yet attackers can choose who to attack with their tiles and offensive specials.
  3. did you notice that cascades deal more damage on each subsequent wave? do defense slash attacks get stronger when there are a few in a single turn? no.
  4. did you notice that cascades also give defenders less mana on each subsequent wave? I think after 5th or 6th wave defenders gain no mana. I doubt it. because that would make you pay attention to what is going on during the fight, which just might … oh noes… make you better at raiding.

well, you come to their outpost to take their resources. if your team is dead - who is gonna carry those resources home? :rofl:

1 Like

They sure don’t, because they’re already full :wink:

that can also be used to attacker’s advantage - just drop unwanted tiles on a hero with full or almost full mana :wink:

1 Like

Well, they’re dead too, and that’s not stopping them from taking my cups :wink:

2 Likes

well, cups arent like resources, which you can put in a sack and carry home. it is reputation! and when they hear that you went home empty handed, you rep in the EnP world drops :wink:

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning: good point!

Do you feel better or the same about Raids. I have some advice, but this is an old post, and you have probably figured some stuff out.

Considering his last post was almost two years ago he’s probably figured out the game is not for him.

I think it also takes into consideration what the opponents global ranking is as well, not team power alone.