Raids: fair or unfair?

How do you figure? Shure we can target what ever hero we choose but it does nothing to fix the attack problem. This would help. If the boad will only allow me to make matches in an area where the hero is already dead but they can keep attacking me then how is trying to make things fair greedy?

2 Likes

@Brobb, i dont disagree with your strategy however as i wrote in my post the bord makes a lot of unwanted moves and setups that you cant control entirely. Sometimes you try to just get a small hit in on the very left defender and all hell breakes lose, you get unwanted weak combos that you cant control and they get you opponents specials going without you dealing much damage. I have also tried to sit with 1 color row i could use, green and a red defender was the target i had no choice But to use it.
However as you said it is very important to take your time to look at what your next moves could be, choosing right is the mostly the difference between a win or a loss.

Regards
Alancelot

2 Likes

As much as I respect the input, I’m serious. I never touched the healer (she was in the back left corner and my attacks were Center) and her power up bar kept going up with each attack against the dwarf front and Center. In fact when I noticed the trend, I began to allow my attacks to hit on the right hand side of the screen to make sure they were no where near her. And she just kept powering up and healing over and over again.

2 Likes

To prove my point, here is an example.

This was after the first strike made on the front Center. Notice how all the other players now have a small amount of special attack power up? It’s the exact same amount for each of the four characters that I didn’t hit. This was a vertical attack on the Center dwarf alone.

This was the second attack, again a vertical strike on the Center dwarf and the special power bars have again gone up another increment on the four characters that have yet to be touched. And look at how high the dwarfs special attack bar is! That’s after only two, three in a row attacks. It’s over 50% after two attacks.

3 Likes

Still trying to figure out the score system I have raided players and
Lost 50 cups and hit the re raid tap and beat them big time and only get 12 cups

2 Likes

Thanks for taking time to post some screen shots with an explination LordForge.
I think I understood your point about purple gain special but i just kept getting hung up on you calling her the healer.(Not to be rude because the dwarf is clearly a group healer). But anyways, I do think that as much a strategy there is to not hitting someone to trigger their special, there is only so much you can do.
I for instance run with Li, the yellow 4* who AOEs and drains 25% mana. Wheneved i go up against someone with a Li, obviously i try to get my special off faster. More often than not I never achieve this and end up always being a move behind ergo negating my awesome special all together. I need and least 10 or so yellows uo screen to successfully pull this special off and sometimes that just isnt possible.
As the attacker, in most instances you typically have the “advantage” but when it comes to the hero’s specials, this is normally the make or break in a raid I feel.
Yesterday I lost 113 tropies over 3 matches, and i wasn’t at all upset because honestly i feel like i have been really lucky lately and have been winning against some much higher ranked players, so i was showing a friend the game and explaining to him my strategy of trying not to hit people but i cant control that which i cant see. I make a move and next thing i know, the colors that filled in to replace cause me to attack the person i didnt want to.
Again i understand the concept of luck…

1 Like

Hi Elannie, that was a different battle, where the healer was in the back left corner. This was just a couple screen shots from a raid this morning to show that each AI gets a special ability gain regardless of being attacked or not.

My usual tactic is to pick out the healer in the group and attack someone else, powering up my attackers and using their special abilities to take out the healer. It allows some control over the amount of times the healer gets to heal. But it’s almost always a guarantee that their healer will heal at least once where I’m lucky to heal once at all because red opportunities are limited when I play. As are blue in most raids.

I’m not just casually making these claims out of hand. I’ve watched the raids, I’ve noticed the trends, I’ve taken on high level players and low level players to understand game mechanics and character interchanges. These are simply my experiences, for good or bad and it’s where I feel the game has a weakness. I still feel it’s a great game, I just think the raid mechanic needs tweaking.

5 Likes

Ever so slightly but yes i agree with you!

1 Like

Yes, Forge: if you attack the dwarf, then the dwarf’s mana will increase quickly. If you miss the other characters, then their mana will increase only by the survival bonus (as I mentioned above). You ought not to be surprised by any of this: it’s the nature of the game.

Surely you’re not complaining about this? You have just demonstrated that you understand the game dynamics, so now you can beat them. Or would you prefer opponents just roll over and play dead?

I’m sorry if I seem snarky; I think we are having different experiences. I find raiding the most satisfying part of the game. Each opponent is a puzzle, and these puzzles are pretty easy to solve, so beating very powerful opponents becomes quite simple.

Hi Brobb. I do think you’ve missed what I was saying but that’s fine. I understand the dwarf increasing under attack. Maybe not 55% in two hits, but I do understand. But if you look at the captures, you’ll see that I never hit any of the other 4 yet they all have increased their special attack bars. Again I never hit them at all, just the dwarf.

1 Like

Laughing out loud… @Ataraxia… Haha

1 Like

Yes, Forge. I’ll say it again: characters get a very small mana increase for every turn they survive. I’ve mentioned this before, you already know it anyway, and if it’s this tiny increase that is causing you problems, I think your tactics need revision.

I don’t hate necessarily the approach you outlined above, btw - it’s not crazy to try to take out a healer using specials only. But if the healer is seriously powerful then that approach is doomed. You’re much wiser to concentrate on taking out the other characters one by one, while ensuring that your own healers get powered up regularly. In the case of that annoying grinning dwarf you screen shotted, you need to have your own buff-killer ready to go to counter his special when it does go off.

Again, though - working this stuff out is the fun of the game.

1 Like

It’s worth also flagging, for the record, that colour drops are random. If you genuinely and sincerely feel that certain colours appear on your boards less frequently than other colours, and if you really think that this is because the game doesn’t like you, then I think it may be time to reassess your approach to life.

(I’m not really suggesting you believe reds and blues come up less often for you - it’s just a kinda funny interpretation of something you wrote.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel that the raids are unbalanced in turn based capacity. Every attack and every turn brings up the opponents mana
bar, allowing them to strike with their special attacks more frequently than the person doing the raiding. I think raids should be more of a match type battle. After I match shield together then my opponent (operated by the computer) should then have a turn to create matches with the shields that are on the board. If the computer gets a match with red shields, then, and only then, should they’re red characters mana bar go up.

4 Likes

Well, be what as it may, I do disagree still.

Attackers already have overpowering advantages, and you want to further emasculate defenders?

J’accuse! You, sir or madam, are a total wuss!

1 Like

I don’t know that we do disagree, Forge. We both play and like the game, you seem like a smart person and I think you more or less correctly understand game mechanics.

If we have any difference of opinion, it is just that I like the raid system, although I feel it makes it very easy to be an attacker, while you dislike it, either because you find it hard (I can’t see this - you seem smart), or because you don’t like losing once in a while.

De gustibus non est disputandum, so go in peace.

1 Like

I have noticed since the update that many high teams are losing their cups so that they get matched with players with lesser teams.If the matches are based on cups then there is an imbalance and players figure out quickly what works best.I used to like the raids but now get “anxiety attacks” lol

2 Likes

No need for name calling, all I’m simply implying is that what ever mechanics the attacking team uses should be the same as the defending team.

4 Likes

And this forum is a chance to discuss the game, not attack individuals because of their opinions.

7 Likes