Raids: fair or unfair?

Nope, no TC 13 yet. Will work on that, thank you.

Cheers

Man, I really envy your heroes :star_struck:

Sonya, Gormek, Chao, Sabina and Peters are all good heros. If you also beef up LittleJohn, You’ll get a nice pair of greens to tackle the common blue tanks.

I might not be adding much value to what others have already said, but my three pieces of immediate advice would be:

1. Get Sonya in there instead of Gunnar right now, especially if you’re struggling with opponent buffs.

2. Get Gormek in there over Hawkmoon ASAP. It might not be possible immediately, but it ought not to take long to level him.

3. As @Kerridoc says, tailor your team to match the opponents you choose, doubling up on colours if it will help. You have some really good mid-game heroes - try to select the right ones to negate your opponent’s strengths.

2 Likes

You have a nice set of heroes, just the most useful ones aren’t leveled right now. Finish up PEters and Chao to 60, then get sonya and gormek to 60. After those, LJ, then Boomer, assuming your hero roster doesn’t change.
Those 5 are a nice team right there (Peters, Sabina, sonya, gormek, chao). a healer, 2 dispellers, 3 fast hitters, 1 defense debuffer.

I’m going to assume you have 3 training camps. If so, run two of them on extra low cost (lvl 11) 24x7. farm 8x7 exclusively for a bunch of days if you need to to stock up on recruits to get those running. use the 3rd TC for common (Swords, level 1) and uncommon (level 2). Switch to low cost on that 3rd TC (level 4) if you run out of backpacks or recruits. That should get those guys all to 60 in no time. While that’s happening, be upgrading your iron storage and SH and one TC to 13. when those are all 60, switch the TC13 to elite training. If you haven’t gotten any additional 4* or ascension items, ugprade a 2nd TC to 13 and run that at elite.

also remember, everyone hits wall at some point if you’re good at raiding - when you have ateam of 50s pushing against 60s and 70s. when you have 60s vs 70s, 70s vs 2-4 80s. etc. It happens to all of us.

my second account is generally sitting 2100ish cups now ith 8x70s. I’m constantly gettig matches of 2-4 80s. Some of those are hard and not easily winnable, I reroll where it makes sense.

5 Likes

Annoyinglyly, @Dante2377 has given great advice, as usual.

I’d only differ from Dante in that I’d suggest you level Sonja and Gormek before Chao and Peters. But basically, we’re singing from the same hymn book. I hate that.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the great responses, I feel ashamed now for how I jumped into this forum…

I’ll try what y’all recommended.

Cheers.

Don’t be ashamed. Most of us come here to vent, at first. Come back later. You seem cool.

This is Elo rating deflation ( Note 1) and players who stopped deliberately messed with their trophies to get a zero rating for filling their Wanted: Heroes mission chest. Depending on what arena you are competing in, is is more deflation ( Diamond ) or player’s fighting for trophies ( Silver ).

The next big spike in Elo rating deflation would be Alliance Wars ( ascension items ) and the return of retired HotM like Alberich, Athena, Ares, Hel, etc. Hopefully the Devs roll out retired HotM in a gradual way like the limit of two Alliance Wars per week.

Based on the Wanted: Hero mission chest rewards so far, a lot of people are still deliberately dropping down one arena. Example from Platinum to Gold.

Note 1 )

1 Like

well his 4 stars are only going to be more useful than max 3* when they get closer to 3/60 and peters is literally 1 level away and chao is only 41 levels away, as compared to sonya who is 63 levels away and gormek who is 109 levels away. I’d assumed he doesn’t have ascension materials or sabina would be more than 3/60 (and most ppl sitting on a bunch of unmaxed 4s aren’t usually sitting on the ascension items to max them).

Your points are well made. I’d counter that even before they are fully ascended, Sonya and Gormek’s specials, properly applied, can be fabulous tools on attack. Chao is ‘meh’ at best - having had him in my top attack team for eight months I learned to despise him. Cabin Boy Peters looks so ridiculous I just assume he’s useless.

Cabin Boy is really good. Chao is better than meh, though not excellent. He’s still a fast hitter over 300% special with a bonus mana suck. Sonya and Gormek’s specials are good, but Peters is literally a few feeder hereos from 3/60 and chao is closer than the rest (and he has dispel from Sabina). If you’re leveling 2 heroes at once, Peters should be already finished, so now you’re moving on to Chao and sonya. Either way isn’t gonna be much of a difference honestly…

2 Likes

I forgot that Sabina’s special includes dispel. You’re right and I’m wrong, damn it.

You have received excellent advice… and as a somewhat less seasoned raider, I have some more to give. Raiding is definitely not just about the luck of the roll. There is non-trivial strategy involved.
The reason I quoted that extract is such an example. I actually quite like raiding teams that have Rigard front and centre in the middle slot. Why? Because I use him as a sponge to charge up my specials for little cost to my team. All I’m doing is filling him up and getting him to heal his team that is already on full health, and not feeding his team-mates mana. I charge up a couple of my hitters in this way, then nuke him away, opening a gap where I can then fire through to fill my people quicker.

That is but a simple example, where you thought the board was disadvantaging you, but by playing with a different strategy or outlook, it could actually benefit.

Sure there will be some boards you can simply do nothing with… but really it’s not ALL just about the board layout. There are good ways to play a board and bad.

Am I good at raiding? No. I find it too frustrating - I fixate on needing to win and cannot stomach the losses (which are inevitable when you find your place of equilibrium). But I do recognise that they are without doubt the deepest, richest part of the game. You need to choose your heroes against your opponents wisely. You need to know when to attack, and when to skip. And you need to know the best way to play a board. (e.g. sometimes a gem is not always appropriate to fire… it fills your opponents with mana like crazy and you may find yourself losing half your team in the backlash if you fail to kill them). I could go on.

Glad the advice you received above seems to have restored some of your hope. (I envy your Cabin Boy Peters). I too almost rage-quit after an event, and came back to the game after reading good advice on the boards (even if some of it may be quite acerbically delivered at times. :wink: )

(Edit)
P.S.) I love losing cups when people raid me. It lowers me down to easier opponents without me facing the pain and spending the energy in getting there by losing on attack. As long as I stay in my league, the opponents can come help themselves to the food in my keep as much as they want… and my defence certainly is good enough so I won’t drop down to Gold.

2 Likes

Amen to that!!!
I enjoy losing cups to visiting players for the same reason.

Fewer cups = easier opponents = I can get the cups back + fill my chest in the process.

Win win situation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. Not at all. If I won them all, it would still be worse. The fact that previously I would be attacked maybe 5 times a day and jumping to THIRTY-EIGHT in 10 hours makes it worse.

To directly answer: the BEST raid is the on you are not FORCED to participate in. One you can opt out of.

I’m even more confused. Are you saying that what has upset you is that you were attacked many times, and that this is worse than being attacked few times? (The change seems like a good thing to me, more activity being better than less activity.)

If this really is what bothers you, then the solution is simple: do nothing except regularly draw food and iron from your watchtower. Your trophy total will fall and you will quickly become a less appealing target.

But you’ve also said that the best raid is one you can “opt out of”. Are you somehow being forced to raid? I’ve never been forced to raid, that I can recall. For me, it’s a voluntary activity.

If you’re saying that for you, being raided by others somehow amounts to being “FORCED to participate”, then I disagree: it’s a totally passive thing. But if being attacked really bothers you, then perhaps E&P just isn’t the game for you, given that it is explicitly focused on building teams of fighters to battle other teams of fighters.

2 Likes

This!
Thank you, Brobb!

And nice team you got there!

I am not that long in the game, but I know the best info was reading advice that said there was no reason to level-up your watchtower.

Pls take it to heart if you are new to the game. I love seeing a weaker team with over 25k hams.

1 Like

excellent advice!
I was very lucky, too, to have learned this very early in the game. My own watchtower is level 6 and will stay there.

1 Like