Raids: fair or unfair?

After x amount of hits in one turn the mana gain used to stop per hero. It does not do that now. It is just observations nothing concrete, because I don’t record my fights or document them in anyway. I noticed it a while back and thought, that is handy. It is A very minor tweak, nothing really major; however, it changed how I do my raids now in 1.10 vs how I did them in the previous version.

*Edit: This morning it seems a bit slower than yesterday and the previous days since 1.10 came out.

Mana gain never stopped. It does decrease after each subsequent hit. I have no idea if they have tweaked that lately

Guess it just seemed to stop by looking at it and not crunching numbers. I am not the type that does that, but I do appreciate everyone that does and then shares the information. :fireworks: You guys are the bomb! :heart: It does seem like they have tweaked the decrease, but then again it is just observation only. It has become and frustrating obstacle for some people. But it is also an opportunity to learn a different style of playing, and adjust to the new changes. :blush:

Oh yeah, this new raid system is so, so, so ,so much WORSE. I have never had this happen before this new round of complete GARBAGE!

Attacked 38 times in about 9 hours. I feel it’s about time to uninstall this ‘game’ for good.

That sounds like me prior to the update. There was lots of raiding about the 2400 team power/1000 cup range. When I stopped cup dropping I found the raids dropped off significantly.
I’m still not sure if it’s a benefit or not though. Previously I had plenty of potentially juicy revenge targets without the food costs of rerolling opponents from the raid menu. Now the rewards aren’t so far stunningly better, and the fights are a lot rougher just to fill the chest. I’m now sitting at about 2000 to 2100 cups depending on how the raiding goes for what it’s worth.

Your assertion is that the raids system has been made worse. The evidence you provide is that you were attacked by some players and lost.

Are you saying that the raid system is worse because you lost to some attackers? If you had defeated an incredible stream of attackers, would this mean that the raid system was better?

And does this mean that the best possible raid system would be one in which you won all your battles, and the worst would be one in which you lost all your battles? I think your reasoning might be flawed.

1 Like

More people are partaking for the new arenas.

Which means there are more people trying to get to 2400+ and so on downward, and also more people are rolling specifically for cups rather than food or similar.

This will even out over time, but for now more frequent attacks are the norm.

2 Likes

At least until we get a good sample and state that Diamond league delivers better loot than platinum, and that over gold etc…
If time passes and gold people get the same or equal loot than Diamond, many players will drop cups again

People are already dropping for ham again.

SG really needed to goose the ham rewards and they apparently didn’t… frankly starting to think there’s a disconnect between SG and the game on some topics and this is one of them.

Also at least the suggestion is your loot is determined by what tier you wind up in which is very much different than the way it was in 1.9, so now we see people dropping to around 2200 and then raiding back up to Diamond for the collection or similar.

It’s a start but SG likely needs to continue with some tweaks; frankly given the choice think I’d likely be hanging out in Platinum still but, alliance cups, yay.

1 Like

Raid is absolutely garbage, I can already tell from the first second that I am going to lose. It’s all about luck, nothing else. If you get a decent board and you can match more than just random threes you are OK. If not the enemy heroes get fill mana from three damn hits and ■■■■ you up. This game has absolutely zero balance. ZERO. It would be a decent game but it has absouletely nothing to do with skill, or team composition. Team power is meaningless, I lost 3 times in a row to a player with 300 less rating just because I had a terrible board where I could only get match of three I’m the middle where a healer hero was. Pure garbage game, where the developers don’t care about balancing at all, they just add more pay to win options like this ■■■■■■■■ VIP thing. Typical mobile gaming cancer, ■■■■■■■■ developers.

1 Like

That’s it!

There are many ppl (like me) who was on a low cup lvl (~500-800 - 3* team) for farming ham and (for me much more important) easy filling of the chest. Cuz you can’t lose those fights with full max 4* Team

Now with the maybe higher chance of rare drops I startet to climb too. And if there aren’t better drops for 1-2 month… we will see.

It’s great that you’ve come here to vent, but if you’re consistently losing raid attacks then you are doing something wrong.

Three is a row is a small enough sample size that you might just have had very unlucky boards, but over larger samples attackers have such massive advantages that consistent losing is a strong signal that you are doing something wrong.

Have you constructed a bad team? Have you selected bad opponents? Have you played your boards poorly? We can’t tell from your post. But something is wrong.

Doing something wrong? Yes because the fact that the enemy team has significantly lower power and is still butchering me simply because It has full mana after 3 hits, while I die before I even get any of my heroes to full mana is doing something wrong . It’s just terrible game design. I have a decent composition 2 attackers, 2 healers and spirit link but it’s worthless unless I get lucky with colors. A simple reduction to the amount of mana the enemy gets could fix this but nooooooooo, paid VIP is what we need!

1 Like

Now you have given us a tiny bit more information, so now we can start to work out what you are doing wrong.

If you are attaching with 2 attackers, 2 healers and 1 spirit link, then you are asking to lose. First, fix your team composition. Next, perhaps we can talk about opponent selection.

Oh thank you mighty God of War for telling me this. Are you going to buy me 10k gems for a ridiculous amount of money just so I can have a better team comp? You are just proving the point that this game is nothing but luck and pay to win. The fact that i am attacking lower powered teams should contrast my “bad composition” don’t you think? Just now I lost once again because I could attack nothing but middle with nothing but matches of three. And as a side note, instead of acting all wise and powerful, maybe you could have just told me why my team is bad, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter, raiding is just broken. I got to 1300+ rating with a 2500 rated team and recently I have almost only been losing, even against significantly lower powered teams. Now I am at 1090. Pure cancer

1 Like

I would certainly never buy you any gems. Personally, I think buying gems is not wise, and if you do then acquiring summons is the worst way to use them. I have spent £2.99 myself. Here is my team:

So I think we can agree that spending is not your issue.

Your most obvious problem is running two healers on attack. This is going to reduce your firepower enough that it will be hard to beat anyone. Why would you need two healers when you’re attacking stupid AI teams?

Your second obvious problem is your misunderstanding of ‘team power’. If you really think that attacking “lower powered” teams will offset poor team composition, then you have fundamentally misunderstood how ‘team power’ is calculated.

I’ll be happy to provide you with as much advice and assistance as you want, so long as:

1. You start using paragraph breaks, and
  2. You continue to refer to me as “God of War”.

Fair enough, do you prefer Mighty God of War or just God of War?

Paragraphs yo.

Paragraphs all the way.

The main reason why I use two healers is because at the moment I don’t have anything better to substitute it with in the red slot. I am working on it.

Cheers.

You don’t seem crazy: you can call me whatever you want.

I’m sorry that I can’t look at this in proper detail right now, but my first impression is that you have Gormek sitting right there. He is excellent on raid attack and should definitely be part of your team, assuming you have other complementary heroes.

Promise I’l respond in more detail within the next few hours.

Thank you and apologies for acting like a brat before, i just got pissed off because of losing so much rating.

I didn’t use him yet because he has less power rating than Hawkmoon, but I guess from what you said before rating doesn’t matter as much as I though it does.

Anyway thanks again, talk to ya later, Mr God of War.

Bye

Also remember that there’s no rule that says you need to bring one of each color. I rarely do.

You are definitely short of heroes, though. Do you have Training Camp (TC) 13 running yet? If not, make that a goal. Then work towards TC20. These will be a zero-cash source of 4* and, eventually, 5* heroes.

Keep working on Sonya and Gormek; they will be good additions to your raiding team.

3 Likes