Raids: fair or unfair?

Power level match ups

1 Like

I don’t think it’s fair, but my problem is really less about trophies than it is about special attacks. I’ll fight AI’s who get nearly constant access to special attacks where I’m lucky to get three of my characters a single chance. I think the AI special attack is a little imbalanced in comparison to the raiders.

And God forbid going against a team with multiple healers! They heal so often my team (1988 team power) will be decimated and they’ll have lost one guy and the rest are all at full life! That’s frustrating.

3 Likes

In my opinion raids are 80% luck.
You can be lucky and get the right colors and a huge combo at the right moment.
But usually the colors you need are not there for you to use and the other player gets his special abilities powered up very much faster than you.

I have won against someone almost 1.000 power higher than me.
But at the same time i have lost many more times to players way lower in power than me.
All due to not getting any decent matching colors, so my heros special abilities would power up.

I belive a small help for winning when you attack would be using “FAST” heroes.
That could give your heroes a higher chance to get the special ability going.
But still it will require the right gem match. And still many of them.

3 Likes

I think Raids were very enjoyable up until about 1-2 weeks ago, when it seems as though something changed. Seems like some raids are a pre-determined win or loss before you even start fighting, sometimes.

-Avicious

14 Likes

I feel the raids are majorly unfair I think it should be based on character lvl I have ended up against people who have been on here for awhile and my kingdom is only lvl 5-6 an in the raid I’m faceing someone lvl12 or higher I’ve played RPG’s most of my life you can’t face a boss until prepared that’s how the raids b are you even have some character cards they like lvl 20+ an I’ve only got at highest I think a lvl 10 card I feel it’s a little lopsided to face people with higher lvls an higher cards It’s rediculous cause you’ll get no where except fustrated an quit So far I’m likeing this game an it’s fun but this is my only Issue I can’t wait to make lvl 10 so that I can see what the Quest are l ike Hopefully their INTERESTING!!!

2 Likes

So a new complaint that seems to be finding expression here is that when you’re attacking, the defender’s special abilities power up too quickly, so that unless you get a lucky board, you will never get a chance to use your own specials.

But hold on a minute: you understand that how you play the board dictates when the defender gets their specials, right? Have we all worked this out?

I assume that most players are just nodding their heads and moving on to the next post, but I’m also sure there are a small number now staring at their screens with furrowed brows. If you really find that weaker opponents’ specials are powering up too quickly, then you have not worked out how to play the game. Start paying attention to what it is that powers up their specials, and address your board accordingly.

6 Likes

I have been paying attention and I’m afraid I haven’t seen the pattern. Of course there is some logic in attacking with threes of the characters colours powering them up, but how do you avoid that? The board you’re given is the board you have to play. If all I have in front of a purple character is purple options, I’m stuck. Perhaps you could give some strategies that could help? I’d enjoy that.

4 Likes

I assume you’re not joking, Forge, so I’ll answer seriously.

To avoid powering up a defending character’s special ability, don’t hit that character. Not until you’re ready to deal with the special, anyway.

I feel like I shouldn’t need to post this in a forum for you to learn it - your alliance members should be telling you.

2 Likes

My team has had similar frustrations and we are very open, and supportive.:slight_smile:

Thank you. I wasn’t joking and yes, I’ve seen that for myself already. But, if that’s the only way to avoid dealing with an imbalance in the special ability power ups, then it doesn’t change my position on this at all.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time.

2 Likes

You’re welcome: and thanks for not being a troll. It’s nice to have a civil forum.

Still, I reject your premise: I don’t feel like there is an imbalance in specials that favours the defender. If anything, I think almost all the advantages lie with the attacker. When you’re the attacker, beating a stronger player is often pretty easy.

4 Likes

While this is how it was before the last update, this has not been my experience now. I have lost to someone who had a lot more than I did and still lost 34 to them. It is like the system is off a little.

But I do agree with you that folks who reroll and only attack smaller teams are cowards. I would not mind seeing the re-roll removed from the raid process.

2 Likes

Brobb; I have to admit it took me a few times before I realized that was what was happening. Maybe it would be a good item to state to new players so they see it quickly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I absolutely respect that Brobb. It just seems that I can’t catch a break when it comes to specials. Of course it could be my gameplay alone and I’m just not playing with a wise strategy, but it seems like the AI gets a never ending stream of specials, while I’m lucky if I can get one for each of my guys before they’re nuked.

But again it could just be me.

As for attacking weaker players, I’ve done that exclusively while I was trying to figure out where the weakness in my raids were. It helped because I survived longer and had more time to watch for causation. So I would hate to see the reroll disappear. But if you are battling someone weaker than you by over 100 team points, I’d suggest a forced limit on the trophies.

1 Like

I feel your pain, Forge, but I’m prepared to promise you that the AI is not generating a never ending stream of specials. The availability to a defender of specials is entirely predictable based on your own attacks.

Here’s an exercise that may help a bit. Target a player with many more trophies than you, and identify which of their characters has the weakest special, the one you can best cope with. Start out by targeting that character exclusively, so far as you can. Forget about your own specials, or combos, or anything else: just try to keep hitting that one character, and as few others as possible, until it is dead. Then go on to the chacter with the next weakest special.

You may not win, but you might develop more of a feel for how to manipulate your opponent’s team. Baby steps, right?

Your idea of a limit on trophies based on team strength is redundant: the trophies awarded are already limited based on the relative number of trophies the attacker and defender each have. This is a truer reflection of actual power because it factors in past success and failure in battle. The ‘team strength’ number reported is just the sum of the strengths of the team’s five characters. This, of course, has very, very little to do with genuine power and I’ve got no clue why people are constantly obsessing about it. It’s just a number - let it go. A team with no healers can have a very high ‘team strength’ number but be very weak in practice. Same with a team made up entirely of healers. Conversely, a well-balanced team with complimentary specials can have a very low reported strength, but can in practice be very effective. (In attack, obviously - less so in defence.)

4 Likes

I appreciate the tip and will try that. I still disagree with you on the special abilities being more available to the AI and the importance of the team power number but I see no need to continue to repeat myself. We simply have different experience in the raid arena it appears.

2 Likes

My problem is that if I kill one of my opponents heroes then when I make a match where that hero was my troops don’t do any damage to anything, but their heroes will always strike and damage one of my heroes regardless of how many are alive or dead. I think a good option for solving this would be to have their heroes “roll” 1-5 to see which of my heroes it attacks. If that hero is dead then they do no damage to my team.

1 Like

I think raids would be more fun if it was actually a PvP and not the AI. The AI always hits you no matter what and real PvP would be more fun and more fair, as we’d both have the luck of the draw.

3 Likes

Yes I agree with the point system however I find it annoying that when I log back on that I constantly get owned by much lower lvl opponents but when i revenge I easily own them but of course at a loss

2 Likes

Hah strategy and winning is cowardly hahaha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, being a bully and running from a real fight it. :slight_smile:

Big difference.

3 Likes