Raids are unfair, but not for the reasons you think - Raids MASTER

You’re just wrong. I worked hard, grinded hero levels and built 5 strong mono teams that tank bust. I win 4/5 raids - possibly slightly more as a percentage. That’s against +7Guins and +6 GraveMaker tank teams.

We WANT winning to be easy and defending to be hard so that the top 100 turn over and there is something to play for and chests fill faster.

Otherwise we’d have the most stout defences hard to dislodge and evolve into a very static ‘beat your head against a wall’ style of raiding.

If that’s where you find yourself now, build your team, learn your specials and get better.

2 Likes

Probably the weaker defense would help a little but I’m already on the lower trophies range, besides I get attacked too rarely for this to work. Right now I’m going to the next trophies group, attack a strong player, lose trophies, get to the lower range, spend 20-30K food to find a weaker opponent, win, get trophies, go to the next group and repeat the process. Which is incredibly frustrating. Fighting opponents with ±10% of own TP would be best, at least for the lower trophies groups.
There are other reasons why the attacker is in bad position. One is mentioned in another topic, and it is the random distribution of boards. It happens quite often that the remaining defending hero is in the corner where the attacker doesn’t have valid moves. Although the remaining attacker heroes are much stronger, they can easily end up losing because of this, and there is no way the attacker can fight this.
Even when starting the raid, the attacker doesn’t have the right to choose which enemy to attack first, which is a big flaw, so the attacker is in much worse position than the defender.
What’s more defending heroes attack once every two turns and even often when using specials. This way each turns there are at least 2-3 defenders that attack. And since defenders fill their specials faster, there’s high probability that they’ll wipe some attacker heroes before they can even act. This is another way the attacked is screwed and the reasons I gave are much more valid than the given in the first post “do not attack stronger players”.

1 Like

It’s all a matter of luck, after all… 4000 won raids and that’s the conclusion… Putting the right heroes together for the best defense line or the strike team needed to break it it’s easy… Everyone can do that… if they have those heroes… The hard part is getting those heroes in your roster, and that’s only a matter of luck… Using a great board to smash your enemy in a few moves, no matter who he has in his defense line, piece of cake… getting the right color tiles and matches on the board, a matter of pure luck… no matter how good you are handling the tiles, you can be a board wizard, if you don’t get the right tiles you are just dead in the water… It’s easy raiding, rainbow or stack, if you have some event heroes and HOTM to line up with level 30 mana troops… getting them, matter of pure luck… RNG (rigged or not) is the flawed god we serve…

2 Likes

Did you even read the tips in the original post?

Look up the term “ghosting” in the forum search. I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I want to know what I missed. Can you post it again or post to me on LINE?

It seems like every day, there is another thread complaining about how unfair the raiding system is. “How did I lose to someone 300 Team Power below me?” “Why do I have to reroll 100 times to find an opponent that isn’t 300 points above me?” “Why do I lose 50 cups when I get raided, but only gain 10 back when I revenge?” It’s a neverending chorus. I think it comes from people who really don’t grasp how the raiding system works., and think that it is biased against the attacker. Nothing could be further from the truth. The attacker has ALL the advantages in raiding. I’ll detail why below, but first an explanation of how raiding and trophies work.

Trophies are a measure of 2 things, how skilled you are at attacking AND how strong your defense team is. If you raid someone with an equal trophy count, you’ll either win or lose 30 trophies, regardless of team power. If you raid (or are raided by) someone with more trophies than you, you’ll gain more than 30 for a victory or lose less than 30 for a loss. If you raid (or are raided by) someone with fewer trophies than you, you’ll gain less than 30 trophies for a victory or lose more than 30 trophies for a loss. The bigger the difference in trophy count, the bigger the difference in prizes. This also applies to revenge raids. You don’t win back the same number of trophies you lost. You win more, if they have more than you, or less, if they have fewer than you.

The strength, composition and synergy of your defense team determines how many trophies you can hold on to when you’re offline. A well composed team, with specials that work well together, will generally be able to sustain a higher trophy count than a defense team that doesn’t work as well together. This holds true whether you’re in Silver or Diamond tier, or anywhere between. A defense team composed of maxed Brienne, Ulmer, Bane, Tyrum and Hawkmoon, in that order will probably be able to sustain more trophies than one composed of maxed Balthazar, Berden, Bane, Nashgar and Valen in that order, because of the way the special abilities interact.

Your skill as an attacker determines how many trophies you can win when you’re online. When you’re attacking, a skilled player can generally win more trophies than they can hold on defense, because the attacker has all the advantages. Again, this holds true whether you’re attacking in Silver or Diamond or anywhere between.

I keep saying that the attacker has all the advantages. Here’s what I mean:

1. The attacker can choose whether to attack or reroll. If you don’t have heroes in your stable suited for a particular opponent, if the cup win/loss ratio isn’t one you like, if they don’t have enough iron to be worth it, the attacker can reroll for another opponent.
  2. The attacker can choose which heroes to bring to the attack. Do you want to double up on the strong color against the tank? Do you need a dispeller to get rid of their buffs? Maybe you’ll need a cleanser to neutralize damage over time. Do you want a mana controller to keep their annoying specials from firing? The choice of which heroes to bring is a huge advantage for the attacker.
  3. The attacker is generally smarter than the AI. As the attacker, you can choose how to play the board. Do you want to work one side to avoid charging mana on the other? Can you create a diamond or a shield? Do you want to match a vertical column of tiles to only charge one opponent, or go horizontally to charge 3 a little bit each? Do you want to explode a diamond or wait? Do you want to ghost tiles to charge your specials?
    You can also choose how to play your heroes. You can choose when to fire specials, in what order, and who to target with them. If the opponent has riposte up, you can choose to dispel it or wait for it to expire before firing off an AoE special. If an enemy buffer is charged and ready to fire, as an attacker, you can choose to wait to fire your dispeller until after they fire, and get rid of the buff, or hit them with a mana controller to delay it a turn or two. You can choose to fire your attack buff and defense debuff before your snipers. You can choose who to target with something like Merlin’s Mindless Attack or Chao’s mana reduction. The AI is stupid. It doesn’t do any of that. That’s a huge advantage for the attacker.
  4. You can choose which tiles to play. If you have a choice of two matches, one a vertical column in a strong color and the other a horizontal row in an absent color, you can decide which one you want to use. If your red hero is already dead, you can choose to pound their riposte protected heroes with red matches instead of other colors which will damage your living heroes. If you need to charge your healer, you can look for matches in that color. The AI is stupid. It won’t do that.
4 Likes

I don’t still have it. That was months ago. It was a frustrated comment about people whining

1 Like

The problem is that a lot of players don’t really understand the purpose of raids and cups. They think that it’s a measure of how good a player you are and/or a way to win the game. Thus they get frustrated when they can’t win and advance up the rankings.

You don’t win by being top of the rankings. Number one lasts a blink of an eye, then you’re subjected to a precipitous drop. Cups are simply a way to group players for setting up raid matchups, nothing more. Sure, there’s a certain thrill to being Number One but there are literally hundreds, probably thousands, who have that distinction.

Treat raids as simply a way to fill your raid chest and the game becomes much simpler and less angsty.

5 Likes

Well it is definitely not random . The best way to go about raids is close your eyes and let the chips fall where they fall. It’s like being in Vegas if your not willing to lose you’ll never win . Play big win big play small win small but when you play small you lose big.When you go after big power you don’t lose as much.

What exactly is definitely not random?

Closing your eyes and letting the chips fall where they fall:

1. Sounds awfully random
  2. Is the best way to lose
2 Likes

Just sheety RNG… best way to destroy your calm

Nah, I don’t care if fair or yuck but give me less zero kill flag with stupid off color board after three diamonds… would be lot appreciated!

I play raid for the chest and not the cups. I cant care less about the cups except to keep it above 1800.

My team is around 3750 power level and I always choose teams below 3600, always 150-200 points difference. Because of that my win ratio has increased and I lose probably around 25% of the time now.
Before doing that and choosing teams around my level the losses were probably around 75% of the time.

But yeah, the board decides the game not your team or play.
I lost track of how many losses I had with the enemy team lower than 200 points than me wining without having a scratch.

Really? It is the first time I hear this. So we don’t count as players and how skilled we are. No matter what heroes we bring alone. If the puzzle is all it matters, it seems we should go play candy crush…

At least, some players should do this. ASAP :joy:

2 Likes

I think he’s got a point there… I have a bit of experience raiding… 6K wins… nothing out of the ordinary, but enough for an informed opinion… of course, skill and team play a heavy role in any raid, but in the end, the board decides if you win or lose… any team, no matter how strong will be a sitting duck on a board where needed tiles are nowhere to be found… on the other hand, an average team will destroy any defense on a great board. If the right tiles refuze to show, no amount of skill makes any difference… we all bow to the same god here, RNG’s the name and a moody god it is…

If only people would attack me so I could revenge! Two in two days; one team was well outside my league but got him on the third go with some team spot shuffling, the other was underpowered. Net gain to me. I think the system works fine, I just have to have more food and iron on hand to make myself a target worthy of attack I guess.

1 Like

The defender should have has 3 turns instead of 2 turns. People say that we have the advantages thats a lie. People trying to shove these flaws of the game under the rug like nothing happens.

I have been attacked consistently by much much lower teams in raids. Loading three to four hundred cups. I have over 4300 team points as well as troops almost fully levelled. My lowest troop are level 28. Most of the teams that attack are very low, with with troops around 7 to 10. I lose to them every ti.e, however if I revenge and win, I get maybe 16 or 17 cups back. These are teams that if I revenge I win easily, but when they attack, I lose. This is wrong. There were complaints of higher team raid lower teams and winning, but by the same token, it’s the same only the other way around. These are teams that should never have won, but did. Something needs to change. I work hard for my cups, I don’t wa want to lose them to an unfair attack. With my stats, I should be in the 2700 cup catagory, but these little teams can and do quickly pull me back down to platinum in a night. I have been playing a very long time and this just seems wrong.

1. How possible can you know what teams attacked you? For example, my raid defense is 4000, but I attack with 4400+. Savvy? Because I don’t need 2700+ trophies to be in diamond. The rewards are the same, with 2400 or 3000.
  2. It is nothing wrong. Any defense can be beaten with a mono team and good board. Not to mention, a good team synergy. I can beat in few seconds a 4700 team only with epics. If those epics are BT, Wilbur, Falcon, Colen and Scarlett and I have a good starting board.
  3. Why are so important the trophies for you? Like I said above, the rewards are for diamond arena, no matter if you have 2400+ or 2700+

Really? Who are you to judge the skills of an opponent you don’t even know? So, you are saying, only the high TP should win, others should never do… Good one :man_facepalming:

5 Likes