Raids are unfair, but not for the reasons you think - Raids MASTER

It is what I have, plus Sonja and a Boldtusk who’s still missing the last ascension. Sonja is good, but I’m not a big fan of 3-1-1 since you become so dependent on one colour then. I’m working on one of my two Colens though. When I bring him in, I plan to replace Danzaburo with him (except in case of a purple tank of course). I find Helena’s counterattack quite effective to be honest. Recently received are Kadilen (finally a green one) and Agwe.

I can’t believe how I failed to see the opportunity for the red diamond, wow :flushed:

That’s what I tried, cleaning up, but purple and green where mainly replaced by more purple and green.

Ya I hate when that happens. Go raid with a 2-2-1 and get lots of the 2 missing gems. By the time I get the gems I need I’m dead (or good as).

Of course I’m probably missing diamonds along the way too.

I like this proposal. It would minimize the chance of raiding against a much more experienced player who just happens to be cup dropping when you are just starting out. Better that the newer players raid against each other so they don’t feel so overwhelmed.

Yeah I wasn’t having a go at you, but rather musing on the topic in general. I quoted you because of the comment about wanting to win. Of course we want to win.

But I do think a fair chunk of players expect to win more than they should (the AW matchmaking thread was a good example of that). I also think they are quick to blame the boards in raiding and wars. Sometimes the boards suck, yes, one of our recent wars I had no way to avoid triggering a slew of green tiles into a Santa tank with my opening move, and it all went downhill very fast and I could not recover. Other times it’s a meh board that I failed to work around. But I rarely see anyone post here in the raid threads or in alliance chat that they themselves botched an attack in a raid/war.

I do think that there is room for a more comprehensive tutorial,. And I really like @NPNKY’s idea about locking raid tiers, though I shudder to imagine my life in diamond :smiley:

2 Likes

FunnyRussians_Santa_Tank

This game is going well off-piste… remember when it was just a LOTR/War Craft mashup?

Anyway on topic er…raids=good

4 Likes

You’re giving me nightmares!

I don’t think it’s so off-piste. I feel personally victimized by Christmas shopping advertising every year. And my neighbour who likes to have greyish-white rapidly blinking “Christmas lights” for the entire duration of winter. So getting rofltstomped by drunken santa is almost natural.

But for raiding, I like it. I’m in a bit of an awkward cup phase right now, at the upper end of plat where my 4 star bench is meeting a lot of 5s (I have one 5 of each colour except dark in the works, but nothing maxed and I could have a dark if I accepted defeat and started working on obakan. I was hoping for a sartana or domitia but after obakan #3 I should probably take the hint?)

But I get my chest filled. I confess that my raid defense is a teeny bit weaker than my war defense but I don’t know if it actually helps. A lot of my revenges are still difficult so that my trips into diamond are brief and painful :smiley:

Sorry for mingling, but you asked how this situation could be approached. I’ll try to state my opinion about what I think you did wrong here. Of course you will get lousy boards from time to time, just as you will get great ones. But, pardon my french, in the above screenshot, you went to the war without a gun!!! Your formation has no real attacker except for Grimm, you have brought two gamblers (thing that could cost you the raid even if you got a great board), and last, but not least, a riposter’s place is always in the center of the formation (Just imagine the opposing Grimm uses his special against your Grimm, while your Elena’s riposte is active. He will get away unharmed, which kind of denies the point of riposte…). In the meantime, Boril’s special will heal and boost your entire team, regardless of his position. Again, this are things that I would change before beginning this raid, but there are many ways to approach a battle, so some might disagree…

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice. It’s good advice, but the problem is that I don’t have much more of a gun. Same for the gamblers, my options are still very limited. Check my reply to NPNKY :wink:

1 Like

I think I underestimated the power of diamonds after all. I have been in the lookout for them for quite a while, but they were to low in my priority list. I did a couple of raids where I gave them a higher priority, right after direct kills, and it seems to be working. It’s been just a couple of raids of course, but it definitely hasn’t let me down so far. A thank you is absolutely in place here, so… thank you!

1 Like

Keep on grinding the map, upgrade your base, and heroes will come! Good luck!

I know exactly what you mean. I’d be in the diamond arena too. I think NPNKY’s idea has a lot of potential, but maybe some more arenas might be required for this idea to work? At least something like a ‘master arena’ for players who reached 2600 cups? On the other hand, we would also have a chance to meet each other there, as well as a lot more like us…

1 Like

Working on it. Kadilen is the first prize from my first and still fresh camp 20, so I’m gradually getting there. Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m close to TC20 myself, no 5* yet, but TC13 was generous to me a while back, so I’m kind of ok with my 4* heroes. Anyway, unfortunately these last few weeks TC13 has been silent… only 3* came through the gate…

My watchtower is stocked with beer and snacks you are welcome to visit anytime :smiley:

I do know what you mean about working with what you have. I always had a better defensive lineup than offensive, so raiding was very “interesting”. And even as I worked on fleshing out my bench, tthere’s no immediate fix… only time, training camps and titans.

1 Like

This is my strategy. Ironically I have as much success against those teams as I do the more closely-leveled ones (meaning, the ones with the same average hero and troop level as me).

I’m not a huge fan of RNG. I hate that there are some boards I simply can’t maneuver before I get squashed by the opponent (although frankly, it’s more frustrating when I have a 90-second time limit). But by employing the above strategy, I’ve better learned not to take a loss as an indictment of my skill. I’ve also learned how not to hate RNG. It’s not personal and it happens to everyone. The tide will turn.

And it’s very satisfying when the odds favor me. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hahaha, maybe we should raid your watchtower together then :wink:

Yes, in the end it’s above all a game of patience

2 Likes

No dispellers? Raids gets easier as you get a deeper bench of leveled heroes to choose from. There often will be a core two or three that are used almost all the time, and the others change based on the opponents team.

1 Like

There are a lot of people that think they should win 100% of time, get every item and hero they want when they want it and want to live in an entitled world. If it doesn’t work that way for them, then its broken. This is 75% of the threads in this board in a nutshell.

@FrostyStache well said!! :clap::clap::clap: I personally play two types of games, one is the match 3 for when I’m tired & don’t want to use my brain :joy: & the other, E&P as this game makes you think to strategize. That said, there seems to be an entire generation of those who live, as you say, in a world of entitlement. If we all hoped for a certain outcome & got it even 90% of the time, what would be the point of this game?!?! :woman_shrugging:t2: There wouldn’t be the need to strategize & if it came down to that I’d quit & just do the mindless match 3 game.
Have a great day & happy gaming :blush:

2 Likes

SG my 5* defense team for Raida are getting slaughtered by 3* teams for 52 cups a RIP daily!!! Losing 400+ cups daily for weeks now. There NO WAY that should be happening but it is and not just me but many others. Everyone that is in the know, knows SG has there hands in this and it SURELY NOT RANDOM. What’s fair is fair but this becoming Ridiculous! Fix Please…