Raids are unfair, but not for the reasons you think - Raids MASTER

Read before posting inane comments. I didnt say anything about manipulated boards. The fact that the original board spawn dictates the outcome 90 percent of the time isn’t in question…both for good and bad boards . Oh and my 11,500 raid wins tells the accurate story.

And that was the point of the original post. I wish there was more skill based in raids versus luck of boards…both good and bad.

The only reason it went side ways is because someone claims they win 99 percent of their raids which is complete b.s. as its statistically impossible based upon the luck portion of the board colors you get.

Hmmm… I never think about the win rate… made me curious. I checked my tower for my attacks and found 22 wins and 6 defeats… my math ain’t that good, but I guess that’s between 75 to 80% wins. Last day’s raiding was average, used all flags, took all revenges and some more random targets, kept between 2500 and 2700, so I guess that percentage is pretty close to reality.

1 Like

My luck was rigged this eve, 5 dead enemies from 6 raid flags. In fact this has to be some weird conspiracy. :rofl:

1 Like

What makes you think so? Last week I got to global #4, over 3k cups, using nothing but one red and one purple mono teams. I burned 6 flags and 3 flasks.

3 Likes

Ahem…why do answer on a post of mine that was meant for someone else? :confused:

That answer was meant for finaltom.

Best regards

Elayanith

My 13,500 raid wins (longest win streak: 65) say your 11,500 raid wins are spouting nonsense. If you find that the board dictates the raid outcome for you, then you’re running too colour heavy, making you vulnerable to disadvantageous boards.

…and there we have our explanation. If you want to rely on what the boards give you for your wins and losses, stack your colours. If you want to be able to win with any board, run rainbow. You sacrifice brute power but gain consistency and maximise the chance to use a bit of skill.

Which, I think, was what you were hoping for, wasn’t it? You’re welcome.

(For what it’s worth, these days I often stack two deep against the tank. I do it because it’s fun and I’m lazy, but I recognise that this approach will result in some bad board losses, and that some of my wins will be gifted to me.)

7 Likes

Holy christ…does anyone read the actual board post prior to replying. My original post only states that I wish there was more skill involved. The follow on post are only to disprove what the other user stated about not losing a raid in months and winning 99 percent of the time which is complete garbage. And I disagree on your rainbow comment. Your odds are still 80 percent or so to win a board and again much of it is due to the initial board layout. And I know enough from reading previous posts on these forums to avoid interacting with you Brobb as you really believe you are the smartest person in the room and generally I dont agree with much of what you say. So I guess I will agree to disagree and move on as the original point of me posting is no longer even relevant to the discussion,

"I never would run mono, as that would be ridiculously dumb. I run 3 strong color versus the tank. Only way to get to top. "

Uh, I raid about 95% mono, and made it to #1 using 38-3900 raid teams. Very rarely will I go 3-2.

I stay firmly in diamond using a simple strategy-- go mono against the tank, never attack a team with fewer than 35 cups. That’s it. My 3900 mono team can take down a 4600 team, and usually does.

I must be ridiculously dumb, I guess. Making #1 must have been pure luck and had nothing to do with the synergies of the mono teams I used.

3 Likes

Yes.

Indeed. But you then went on to explain that you tend to stack 3 deep, which removes some of the board-playing skill from the game and may well be the root cause of you feeling the way you do. Running rainbow would require you to rely on board-playing, not luck, thus solving your problem.

It’s absolutely your prerogative to disagree, but in this case you are wrong. A properly constructed rainbow team can handle any board - if you’re playing rainbow, losing 20% of your matches and blaming the board then you’re just making excuses.

You’re right: that’s me. I don’t know who you are, I’m afraid, but I wish you well in your future endeavours.

2 Likes

There are a myriad of different strategies that can be effective. Anyone who claims mono is dumb is delusional - it’s obviously hugely effective. I think there is serious skill involved in using it properly, too, although with mono I think that skill is concentrated more in team construction and less in board play.

Different strokes, as they say.

2 Likes

Hmmm… is it? Not sure… I think it still takes some board skills charging the specials of a mono team without charging one to many enemies. That’s what it is about after all, ain’t it? Especialy in war where you won’t be able to mono against the tank more than once, maybe twice…

3 Likes

You make a good point. I think there is an argument to be made that playing mono requires more board skills, because you are so vulnerable to the 4 unhelpful colours coming up.

I’m not convinced by it, frankly - it seems to me that luck is the main driver of mono success or failure, but I might just be wrong. It could be that my own weaknesses as a player taint my opinion.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I would call it weaknesses. I’d call it preferences.

3 Likes

And my question is only:do you get paid for writing this nonsense? Do you play the game anyway? Dont you realise that when you use only red characters you get always board with the least red?Dont you realise when you refill all your characters with mana to use their special skills, and you try to attack rigth after eachother, you can not land the 2nd,3rd special, cause the game knows that you won tha party, even before the first attack has landed? Do you ever had 3 matches at the beginning of the party? That’s what we call manipulated. Of course I know you will never agree with us for some reason. And at least you wrote “this has been proven wrong by the players” Do you mean all the players who stopped playing the game cause of this so called “random” board?

No. I go mono red since 2 months against all enemies and I’m happy with my boards and my win rate. Sometimes there are boards of hell and sometimes red cascades without end, most of the boards are in between.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I do not get paid for playing the game or posting on the forum.

[quote=“finaltom, post:444, topic:39150”]
Do you play the game anyway?

For now 22 month as FTP. I have no hotm one Atlantis 5* Mokk-Arr :face_vomiting: , and 2 event heros which are pretty good. Rana and Finley.

I dont play mono because I dont like to leave decicions to luck. For the same reason I dont use Wu Kong except for titans.

I usually play 3-2 and as is to be expectet I have a lot more bad boards compared to when I play rainbow. :smile:

Please provide a video which shows that. If you can, file a bug report and give the video as prove. I never had this happen to me.

Do you mean a match3 and the the board reshuffles ? Yes from time to time. Be happy you have not been left with another one possibility board.

If you could take the time and look for the threads where players have collected a lot of data and the data disproves your ideas.

As for future discussions:
Dont come here saying things without prove because this leads to long fruitless discussions where one side says I believe it is like this but I am to lazy or unable or cant be bothered to prove it and the other side says. It is not like this and here is the prove.
This gets old quite fast.

3 Likes

These are, indeed, to be avoided :dove:

1 Like

Not sure, but by this do you mean the game does not let you launch a second attack if the first kills off the opponent even before the animation has finished? That has always been the case, as the actual attack occurs immediately. Only the animation of the attack takes time. If I’m facing two opponents and fire Marjana then Gregoron at the same opponent, if Marjana’s attack was enough to finish that opponent Greg will attack the other one. And since his animation is over a second faster he finishes his attack first. Weird to see the first time.

1 Like