Raids are unfair, but not for the reasons you think - Raids MASTER

As a newish player I respect this post on the realities of raiding, but I would like to comment that at least some of the complaints and frustration was likely from people that did not yet have some of the things that enabled the attackers advantage.

For instance, now that I am at SH16, I have mostly a surplus of food for re-rolls but for a while (what felt like a long time) in the beginning it did not feel that way, so I didn’t re-roll much if at all because it seemed like a waste of ham that should be going towards training. This was exacerbated by not having a hero roster that allowed me to pick and choose appropriate heroes for a particular raid either. I had what I had.

When you are pretty much levelling your first set of heroes raiding can so very easily be a frustrating experience. I remember my first weeks trying to raid with 2* heroes and Bane, meeting teams with maxed 3*. Yes, I could eventually fill my raiding chest, but it was quite off-putting. And I’m sure that everyone in a mid to low alliance knows a few players who avoid raiding (and consequently wars) altogether.

So yes please to a practice mode, and yes please to being able to have alliance mates able test your raid and war defense (with war rules).

8 Likes

Thanks for the information, @kerridoc. I thought I remembered that they targeted an ally with their special, but you are correct. I’ll edit my post to reflect that.

1 Like

NPNKY, you’re absolutly right in anything you said. But I think that, for most players, the main problem with raiding is not that it is “unfair” (you proved that it wasn’t) but that it is both unrewarding and, above all, that it fails to bring any feeling of progression and accomplishment.

Before, sadly, giving up, @Ellilea made a very deeply thought and reasoned proposition to improve the raid system : Trophies & Permanence - a rewarding PvP system with more depth and climb incentives idea (even without extra loot). It was (still is) a great idea. For example, this system had the advantage of making cup droping irrelevant. It is really a shame that it did not meet more echo from the developers.

For me the bottom line is that I love raiding, I don’t think it is “unfair” but I think it is still a very flawed feature.

5 Likes

I can’t say that I disagree with you there. It is a flawed system, and I wish that the developers would implement something like what @ellilea suggested.

2 Likes

Total agree
Nice post

2 Likes

Yes, attackers have a huge advantage over the defenders.

1 Like

Well I for one would like to know how players learn all these tips and strategies that you mention. If you are in a top alleaince I would say you already know all these, and if you are not, your teamamtes are not the ones to ask. I have read lots of posts in the forum that discuss heroes for example- who do you like better etc. but not lineup interactions and such. So what is a player to do? I personally think raids are nothing but a nightmare and have totally given up on them. Unless I have a place to go and learn how to be successful, I am in no hurry to return to them.

1 Like

I wish there were some way to give an anti-like or negative ‘heart’ because this post would get one from me.

2 Likes

There are a number of alliances that focus on teaching players things like these. Mine is one. Granny’s Warriors is another.
There are also several posts here in the forum written by experienced players about raiding. I’ll link a couple of them for you.
There is also an entire YouTube channel full of videos of some of the top players in the game with commentary explaining how to choose heroes and play the board.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I think it all boils down to this - for some this generalisation obviously doesn’t hold.
I just don’t have better explanation, AI obviously plays better than most of people who complain about boards unfair or raids unfair. And I agree with you, AI does really poor choices that I just have to close the phone to not look when farming because I’d start yelling at it ‘why you did this, this doesn’t make sense AT ALL’ :rofl:

Let’s me add this one for those who want to learn Titan Attack Fundamentals - (new player Titan guide)

It’s great for explaining why you want color stacking.

@BR0220 read those last few links, and let us know how much you got better in two weeks.
You don’t need to be taught by holding hands, you can learn here. I think most or players who really know how to play this game, did learn stuff on their own. Because even if some alliance is giving some information, it’s boring to repeat all things all the time, so yeah, you’re better of with searching here.

Oh, and I’ll just link my experience how those few links mentioned worked for me:

It just occurred to me - if AI is playing better than you, then just click autoplay and statistically speaking, your score should get better.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, Raid doesn’t have auto play, just Flee!

1 Like

oh, my mistake, thanks, I remembered that titan has it…

ok, then people can do it on their own - look from left to right to match 3 (before click any diamond and any dragon), when you get mana, shoot special from left to right without aiming… this is roughly, it has a bit more detailed search pattern, but not much, it’s usually from top left corner towards the bottom right, and if leftmost opponent is gone, then it will start searching in the column roughly below it

2 Likes

Seems justified…

2 Likes

Thank you @NPNKY for this thoughtful summary of how raiding … need to be approached.

Regards,
TEN

1 Like

Reminder: Abusing your fellow players is only likely to end in silence, deletion or ban. Please read Forum Rules.

Trophies are meaningless.

It’s still a slot machine.

All of the jabs and moral grand-standing in the world will not change either of those.

I’d say it’s more like poker…you can’t choose the cards you get, but you can choose how to play them :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Also, it will prioritize gems and dragons before a match-3.

1 Like