Raids are unfair, but not for the reasons you think - Raids MASTER

It also starts the other way round, but your mind will recall bad starts (being flight mammals) and forget about the good ones.

I don’t believe in starting boards manipulation conspiracy, but if any, it’s possibly like stack 2 with a chance of 5% tile reduction, 3/7, 4/10 & 5/12.

Otherwise this wouldn’t happen:

2 Likes

I get that all the time. I also get boards where I stack 3-2 and start with a diamond in the centre 3 columns of my 3-stack colour. I also get boards where my only move is a diamond off-colour straight into the tank.

Difference is I notice ALL the boards. I also tend to play more defensive, typically having 2 healers in my team. Matches last longer and the gems even out over the course of the match. The healers keep me alive long enough to set up the board with replacement gems (yes, typically 60% off-colour as I would expect) except in the worst case boards.

Boards are random. Our recollection of them tends to not be.

4 Likes

Some people record their raids, and if you watch enough of them the truth of what you say becomes clear.

All this can be the gospel truth except for what you left out. The board does not always give you all the choices you mention and most times is leaning towards making it harder on you to win no matter how much stronger your forms are over the opponents. It matters greatly how the board is laid out to start if all you can make is horizontal matches you will lose. I find this most prevalent in raids and wars. The board leans to the AI in an uneven fashion.

Proof? All these claims, never a shred of proof.

EDIT - I assume you are adjusting for the fact that the board is wider than it is tall with you statement…to some degree that, of course, will impact the possible matches.

Flight mammals = bats, right :grin:

On topic…

People who say boards are random = data and statistics

People who say boards are rigged = earnest assertion and occasional screenshots

It’s a fact, boards are random.

The day someone proves otherwise with a high quality dataset, I will quit.

The developers say it’s random, if you believe it’s rigged then you’re wilfully using the product and paying a company that you believe are lying to your face.

11 Likes

This.

Claiming boards are rigged is claiming SGG are dishonest and is bordering on libel. Doing so without any real proof is itself dishonest.

And there is a very good reason that hearsay and witness evidence alone are never sufficient in court. It’s unreliable.

2 Likes

This will never end… at least not before this game dies out. There is no way for any side to this biased boards evergoing conflict to prove they’re right. It’s all presumtions, nobody except the SG programers know to what extent the boards are manipulated. Anyway, I’ll tell you this. If boards are rigged, they’re rigged in my favor lots of times. What we know 100% for sure is that starting boards are being manipulated, as there NEVER is a three match on ANY starting board.

I think this was covered by @Kerridoc a while ago.

The idea is that the game generates a board and then plays itself through in a split second until there isn’t a match. So that isn’t manipulation in the sense that it chooses colours.

And very occasionally people report a board loading with no matches, and it’s immediately shuffled.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had that happen. This actually antagonizes the “board playing it self” theory, as it would be just as easy to play itself until there’s an available match and start from there. No, I don’t think the board “plays it self”. I think it is set to not have three matches when it comes up, which is a piece of cake for someone who knows his 1’s and 0’s. And besides, it’s basic Occam’s Razor. As for further human mingling based on the colors of your team, it’s impossible to say one way or another. It’s a feud based on no tangibile evidence, just empiric observation and statistics. Of course, statistics, no matter how accurate, will never reveal the cause of a phenomenon.

We see you are a moderator, but do you have proof (data, statistic) that the boards are really random? On the other side there are thousands of people complaining about the board. I think the only fact is, that there are a lot of people (only I know about 6-8 people personally, and a lot during the game) who stopped playing the game, cause they didnt want to have a seizure cause of the “random” board. If there would be 1-2 people complaining, I would also say ok, they not right. But as a moderator you should read other forums (google play, youtube comments) to see the huge amount of people complaining. You can not say that so many people with month and years of playing are stupid. So fact: too many people complaining, the gamers are the most important, something has to be done.

There’s enough on the forum, I think, even linked somewhere in this thread. It’s getting boring.

1 Like

Here you go.

3 Likes

I’m much obliged to @NPNKY

Yes, the proof is there.

I have not said these people are stupid at any point.

I am very rarely pendantic about posts, I am well aware that people let off steam, however, as you have required proof of me, and it’s been provided, I will ask the same of you - please provide a statistical analysis to support your assertion.

How many people are complaining? What is the threshold for ‘too many’?

What can be done? What proof would you accept? Random boards will, by definition, produce unfavorable boards, so how could SG prove to your satisfaction that the code has been ‘fixed’?

As I said above, I don’t want to be the defacto spokesperson for an organisation that has lied to me.

So if you can prove statistically that the boards are rigged, to the same standard that @Garanwyn has proved them to be random, I’ll quit the game.

4 Likes

Challenge extended. This just got interesting.

2 Likes

Yup, NPNKY, we are going back to the ‘everything is unfair’ aka ‘I lose so often’. Yawn…maybe you should. go back to the. original text.

2 Likes

finaltom, there are always masses of people who believe in conspiracy theories: some believe the moon landing is fake, others say that school shootings in the US didn’t happen etc…and there are thousands. it is very easy to get drawn into that murky world, so a high number of people believing in Santa doesn’t make him real. Point 2: what’s the purpose of rigging this game? There’s no gain for the devs. Considering this, 99,9& of conspiracy theories are just some people not accepting facts and others jumping on the bandwagon. in other words, it’s BS

As @JonahTheBard said in an earlier post:

There are multiple studies in the forums of

1. Starting boards
  2. Replacement gems
  3. Board colour when stacking
  4. Probably others I can’t recall right now …

that ALL show statistically with 95% certainty that they are random.

We hear lots of complaints about how the boards are rigged (thousands? probably not) but with no data to back it up. And often with the assertion “No data for you!” (to paraphrase a certain soup kitchen worker).

You tell me which one I, as a scientifically-minded individual, am going to believe.

I experience both ends of the spectrum, horrible boards that never get better to boards that pretty much wipe out the opponent in two moves. And everything in-between. Anecdotally, my experience is that they are random. Sure, sometimes I feel like they’re rigged when I get a few bad boards in a row.

But they’re not.

Fin

with apologies to @Gryphonknight :grin:

2 Likes

Why doesn’t the computer just render a decision about a particular battle rather than deciding the battle’s outcome by controlling the tiles to influence and control the outcome. Anyone who truly believes that the tiles are random, I have some desert swampland for sale.

1 Like

Hello @klawfinger101, welcome to the debate.

Firstly, please have a read a @garawyn’s seminal thread on the matter

Color Stacking Fairness Project

And I’ll happily lay down my standard offer once again

9 Likes