Raids are Rigged

Oh c’mon this isn’t fair :rofl: @Garanwyn

This is probably one of those threads that will keep going on forever no matter what the devs say or how many mathematicians they hire to explain how RNG works.

2 Likes

Very, very true. It was a completely unfair offer. In my defense, I made it for the comedy value :rofl:

1 Like

To you I tip my hat and say “bravo”.

Your 100% right. You answered my question and shared your own opinion without trying to convince me of some esoteric game mechanic influencing my perception of reality. You did it without insulting anyone and without blaming the evil game developers or saying i suck at the game.

The only reason I posted that was to highlight that I’m entitled to an opinion. I’m not entitled to guaranteed 5* hero’s during next Atlantis but I’ll try anyway. At the end of the day it’s a game and that’s all it is. It’s fun and keeps me busy. And I actually enjoy thinking up reasons as to why raids work the way they do. I don’t blame anyone for anything in fact I thank those that made the game as its given me hours of enjoyment. Frustrating but fun. And its free to lesser or greater degree. A lot of people don’t understand the game and get mad. Others go crazy and spend a small countries gross national product trying to get a hotm and loose it when they don’t get it. This is part of the game. Play it or don’t. Tomorrow two rage quit and five new players finish the tutorial why? Because it’s a great game! I know that the feeling I get of “loss” no matter what that is blatantly obvious in some raids is not my imagination. It’s there. It doesn’t explain the cascade of death that sometimes happens out of nowhere but hey I’ll take it when it happens. All it is in essence is gameplay dynamics in action and part of how it works.

2 Likes

In the heat of the moment when I get a bad result my first thought is “Auuugh, this ALWAYS happens!” Sometimes I come dangerously close to having phone meet wall.

On sober (or not, who knows?) second thought I shrug and realize RNG got me good that time. Because it doesn’t always happen. It’s just the times it does tend to stand out - maybe because of the impending cost of replacing my phone :laughing:.

I think many players gloss over the second thought part.

2 Likes

Its all relative in the end.
I do sometimes enjoy posting certain thoughts purely to see reaction as it teaches me a lot about people, perception, opinion and a few other meanigless things. Like I said from the start its a feeling I get. I don’t once say it’s really doing that because i firmly believe that those feelings separate good ideas, concepts, games etc from the truely great ones. Im even more happy that others have the same experiences. It’s a good thing and if paid attention to can maybe help improve the game in the long run. I get disappointed when read ppl posting negative things or making baseless accusations almost daily and if you notice some of the replies I’ve either got or will get by tomorrow you will see many more saying that I can’t possibly be right and then go into great detail to prove it and all I stated was my opinion of how an aspect of this game is experienced purely by me.

I don’t know everything about this game and hopefully never will because I enjoy playing it. I will make mistakes and have good and bad times but that means it’s actually working well. If it didn’t do all this none of us would be here reading this as we would all be playing something else. The game is challenging but enjoyable. If I won all the time id be bored stiff in a week. there’s a lot of content and a healthy player base and I’ll probably install sg’s new game once I can and play that as well because I know it will be as good as this game or better? Who knows. What I do know is limited. That will change. What won’t change is the sometimes questionable responses I see all the time. Bad attitudes don’t fix opinions. Exploding reams of info and jargon with math on somebody asking a question can either help them get answers or it helps them out the door. I sometimes get misunderstood as do enjoy sarcasm from time to time but never to insult or belittle anyone yet it happens all the time. Scroll up I’m sure it’s happened already. That is the part of this game I don’t enjoy. Pity it’s got nothing to do with the game and everything to do with the players and how we treat each other. The"community" part is important. Take it and work with it. I promise to give ample warning in future if I ever get the urge to give an opinion again so don’t stress. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s an opinion of a feeling I get sometimes whilst playing and nothing more. I never once blame anyone or anything. What is important is that by stating I feel this way maybe I’m not alone. That feeling in large numbers cant be a good thing is it? Popular opinion can be powerful. Bad and good make up that opinion and directly affect the poplar part. Common sense knows this.

1 Like

In the end all we can do is write comments from our own perspectives and experiences with the game @Milamber .
I also like seeing how people react about certain comments. I think people only show their real selves when they’re angry or upset.

I have posted comments in many complaint threads lately. It’s been obvious to me that posting a complaint has become some sort of taboo here. I struggle to understand the reasoning behind it. I understand that the negativity from certain players who keep saying this game is rigged, it cheats or it doesn’t give them what they want can be frustrating to others. But that same negativity has become part of the ‘happy’ players too. They refuse change with a passion. Even good suggestions get dismissed only because those ideas would bring a small change to the game. I find both sides of the coin very frustrating to deal with tbh.

Anyway, back to topic. There’s one way to prove raids aren’t rigged: People can’t win or lose raids 100% of the time. Even with the worst teams or the worst boards there’s always a small chance to win. That means boards are as random as they can get. If someone lost all the time then ig they would have a case about all these ‘rigged’ boards. But imo it’s all about luck. Dumb luck rules this game.

1 Like

Just enjoy the parts of the game you like. Lets just say you are not alone, lots of people get that feeling, which apparently has been baptized “randomness”, and we move on…

I’d encourage you to look through the Ideas & Feature Requests section. There are a great many posts which have gotten a lot of support from the community.

You seem to be treating disagreement replies from a small number of people as though they are no different than hundreds of posters all cartelling to suppress any proposals whatsoever. You are also lumping reasoned objections in with knee-jerk reactions as though they were all the same thing.

I respectfully suggest you reconsider what is a reasonable indicator of “dismissal” or “taboo.”

1 Like

I stand by my original statement that all I offered was my own opinion.

There’s no rule saying anyone has to like it. I openly say that I may be wrong.

Problem is I could be right.

You can collect all the data you want but the fact is none of us will really know the truth as none of us coded the game.

We just play it.

Most on these boards like to hear well thought out suggestions on how to improve the game or want to help if someone has encountered a problem.

It’s a little different with things that have come up for the 150th time with longtime readers thinking ‘not again’ halfway into the first sentence so if a person relatively new to the boards posts based on feelings and against logic the responses tend to be a bit more harsh than they should’ve been.

Several tests have been done with starting boards in mind and come to the conclusion that it’s all random. The programmers have also told us it’s all random so the logical thing to believe is that it’s true, not that all tests were inadequate and that the programmers are lying. Some companies lie of course but most wouldn’t. So in a sliding scale from good guys to a tobacco company in the 50’s I place programmers in general well above the 50% mark if I should trust them or not.

If you do firmly believe that it isn’t random the burden of proof lies on the one thinking that. Still need tests with large samples about which tiles tend to drop after you start to play.

50-50 in the long run would be true to war score if a guild has stopped improving what they can do to win and aren’t in the top 100ish of guilds. Do well and after a while you will come to a battle where you basically have no chance. Do awful for a while and you will be that unbeatable guild for someone else, as long as enough people use flags.

However there’s no 50-50 win-lose statistic about raid offense. That will be heavily influenced about what heroes you bring and what team you attack. You need to find what team(s) work for you and what opponent to avoid and after a while you will win at least 80% of your attacks and then login to see you’ve lost 150-300 cups since most players tend to win more than they lose.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Any chance you’ll do any of the things suggested in this thread? Or just going to continue flaming and name-calling people that disagree with you?

Some people really are trying to be constructive here, but they can only do so much.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Next Atlantis June 27: Atlantis Calendar/Schedule & Guessing Returning HOTM [Currently discussing June 27 Cycle]

Moderator’s Note

A reminder that Forum Rules prohibit name calling, insults, personal attacks, and inappropriate language (including Internet acronyms short for phrases that would be inappropriate if written out).

Moderation action has been taken accordingly.

Thanks in advance to everyone for keeping discussion civil going forward!

3 Likes

Well yes, there are a few persons who go to ideas and suggestions to dismiss the new posts. They are few but they’re noisy.

I generalized that group of people on purpose. I think the same thing happens with all people who complain, we get thrown in the same bag. There are some rude persons who insult others and the game all the time. They’re the noisiest, and people who complain in a respectful manner get called names by the rest of the forum thanks to them.

I was just replying to Melimber’s post cuz I thought it was interesting. I’m still new here so that’s my view on how things work in the forums. I could be wrong but it’s just my opinion, you know.

1 Like

People who complain in a respectful manner will not be called names by those replying who seek to help them out, only by those who are being disruptive.

4 Likes

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion.

Depending on the topic and where you live you can even state your own opinion.

You stated that sometimes you get the feeling that raids are rigged.

Would you believe I had the same feeling on Tuesday when I had my 4th loss in the tournament for the first time ever on day 2.

But with this post

“You can collect all the data you want but the fact is none of us will really know the truth as none of us coded the game.”

you are wandering into the unfortunate “fake news territory”.

If the developers state that the boards are as random as possible and player generated data supports this view then it might be time for you to admit that your feeling might have been wrong or you Show data that proves otherwise.

FACT seems to proof that your feeling is wrong, even if we cant see the code.

It is my personal opinion that we all should do our best to avoid “fake news territory” because this is one of the things that threatens our democratic ( not the political party ) way of life.

Hope the days of the feeling of rigged Raids may be rare for you in the future.

With best regards.

Elayanith

3 Likes

Please flag them when you come across them. We really do want a dialogue rather than an insult fest. I’ve been enjoying having you on the forum as a new voice, and I’d hate for you to get soured because you feel disrespected or like you don’t have a voice here.

3 Likes

Me too. It’s hard not to feel that way when you get a few boards in a row with too few of the stacked-into color. My gut definitely whispers “there’s something wrong.”

But my gut tells me all kinds of things that are wrong from time to time. That’s why I look at data. Because data never gets irritated about losing to weak tank due to no $%@# tiles.

2 Likes