Raid Tournament - Understanding the Rules and Requirements

It is very strange, I read how ppl are afraid of 5* raids tourney and in particular 5* rush mode because big spenders will dominate with hotm. Let me ask a couple of questions here, how many of you non big spender have azlar or quintus Max? How many big spenders do you think have them Max?
Before the last couple months do you think big spenders even think of maxing slow heroes except for maybe Alby and Mrs Claus?
It will take the big spenders a while to get items to Max the normally useless heroes, this is the chance for lower spenders or f2p to shine

4 Likes

Has SG confirmed that there will be 1* and 2* caps on some of these raid challenges? I’m not in beta, but I thought I read somewhere that 1*/2* events were in the first few iterations of testing, but later removed. I don’t want to waste feeders levelling up 1s and 2s unless we know for sure that they will be required.

2 Likes

You could just not participate and give the newer players a chance to win.

I think if they introduce rules for 1* or 2star only they should make a level cap on it like max lvl20. So the newer guys can also have competition among them.

4 Likes

Are there any rules or restrictions about troops to be used?

1 Like

This is exactly what happened when the wars were first introduced. Our bigger spenders, and even top players with fancy 5 stars, had no benches. The advantage actually went to the the weaker players who could use 6 flags due to them still having 2 star heroes in their roster.

I remember our leader (with his awesome team) was so frustrated at not being able to fight past that one team.

3 Likes

(post content was erased by author, can not be deleted … automatically )

And … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in a man that I fear, … it is the donkey!

20 flags total, 5 flags per day over the 4 battle days.

It’s perhaps worth reposting the rules as laid out in the release notes:

• New Raid Tournaments added.
    • Raid Tournaments are special Raids that you can join each week.
    • Raid Tournaments have 3 phases:
      • Preparation Phase that lasts for 24 hours. During the preparation phase you join the up coming Tournament and prepare your defense team. You can only use defense teams that match the event rules.
      • Battle Phase that lasts for four days. The Battle Phase is divided to four Battle Days where you have five attacks available for each Battle Day. You can only use attack teams that match the event rules.
      • Reward Phase that lasts two days. Your final score will determine your reward tier. You get rewards only from the highest reward tier that you belong to.
    • Raid Tournaments have three Special Rules:
      • Rush Attack: All Special Skills are Very Fast.
      • Bloody Battle: Healing has no effect.
      • Buff Booster: Each active buff gives +20% attack.
    • Raid Tournaments can have limitations to Hero and Troop rarity and Elements.
    • Raid Tournaments are scored based on four factors:
      • Enemies killed: The amount of enemies killed during your attack.
      • Winning: Victorious attack will award extra points.
      • Difficulty Bonus: Winning the attack will award points based on comparing the performance of the opponent’s defense team with the performance of your attacks.
      • Defense Team Grade: Your defense team will receive points in the end of each Battle Day based on their performance.

In addition to rarity restrictions (e.g. max 3* heroes and 2* troops), there is often a color restrictiom (e.g. no Dark heroes). There are not class restrictions, however, at least not yet.

Like Wars, Tournaments use completely different flags than current activities. Mechanically, though, the play is identical to common raids, with the exception that you cannot reroll.

6 Likes

Exactly what I’m worried about … think I’ve read that, too …

1 Like

And … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in a man that I fear, … it is the donkey!

Random assignment. The diffference in bench strength is supposed to be reflected in the extra bounty points available from the win.

Four. These accumulate over the entire week. After your fourth loss you forfeit any further play that week on offense unless you pay the 75 gem Continue fee—recognizing at that point that you are almost surely out of the top 25% and so looking at so-so prizes even if you win all the remaining raids. My guess is that top 10% will have at most one loss during the week.

3 Likes

1 Like

Correct. 4 attacks out of 20

1 Like

Any ideas when they gonna be live? My guess is Wednesday, so we can fight during the weekend and collect rewards on Monday and Tuesday.

1 Like

It would be my luck the red/fire would be restricted from the tournament.

1 Like

PS all - your raid tourney kills COUNT TOWARD YOUR RAID CHEST so align them and you can fill a raid chest immediately :slight_smile:

5 Likes

From what I have read so far, it will be a part of the team restrictions we have to adhere to.

2 Likes

That’s 20 characters of awesome news!

1 Like

Excuse me, May i ask if the “very fast” is set for defense team also? The word “ALL” made me think a lot…

1 Like

Yes, it is. All heroes are set to Very Fast for both offenses and defenses

1 Like

OMG, then Hu Tao will be a very scary and frustrating tank…

2 Likes