Raid Tournament - Understanding the Rules and Requirements

I was only able to try these a couple of times in beta, as I haven’t been there long.

What you are asking about which heroes and/or teams to prepare is something none of us knows, as it can change every time…could limit you to only 3* heroes, and no reds for example.

One of the special rules sets all your heroes to very fast, so the slow ones may suddenly be your best heroes for that tourney.

You get five flags per day, but once you lose 4 times in total, you are done…with the option of paying to continue. What I felt was that if you lost 4 times in the first day or two, the continue wasn’t worth it. But if you are doing fairly well until the last day, it could be a good risk depending on where you are on the leaderboards.

I wouldn’t let it stress you out too much…it will be fun, and free to enter, so really not risking anything at all, as the tourney flags are separate from your regular raid flags…plus someone pointed out that the heroes you defeat in the tourney also help fill your raid chest.

So other than continuing to work on a good variety of heroes, including 3 and 4*, there’s not much else to do to prepare.

12 Likes

(post content was erased by author, can not be deleted … automatically )

And … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in a man that I fear, … it is the donkey!

1 Like

/players
/dont know yet
/do we know your roster? Sure its possible
/defteam will be different for the different tourneys
/you only have 1 defteam at a time
/what should happen to your heroes? I dont understand
/you can go raid with 3 heroes but why would you do that? Surely your team is restricted by the rules

1 Like

And … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in a man that I fear, … it is the donkey!

I don’t think you need to stress yourself. No matter what, you will get loot if you participate.

2 Likes

From what I saw in beta, it works like this. Caveat: subject to change between beta and release

Each week is a new tournament

1. Tournament rules and restrictions are posted.
  2. You choose to enter
  3. You set up a defense team within the restrictions for that particular tournament. Everyone who enters has the same restrictions. Your defense team doesn’t change throughout the tournament.
  4. Each day for 4 days you get 5 flags to attack with. Your opponents are chosen randomly from the other participants, and you attack their tournament defense team. There are no rerolls for a new opponent. WYSIWYG
  5. Each tournament has one of three special rules in play, which apply to both attack and defense teams. Buff booster gives an attack bonus for each active buff on that hero. Bloody battle means healing has no effect. The other one makes all heroes fast, on both sides.
  6. Each flag is a new battle which works the same as raids. You see your opponent’s defense team, set up your attacking team, and fight the battle. You score points based on the damage you do, and a bonus for a victory.
  7. Your losses (from attacking) are tallied. When you lose 4 times (total), you are done. You can pay gems to reset the loss counter, but you don’t get to refight the battles you lost, so your score still suffers.
  8. After 4 days of battles, the scores for each battle are added up. You also get points based on how well your defense team performed.
  9. Prizes are awarded based on percentages rather than numbers, except for the overall winner.
17 Likes

Let’s take your questions in order.

1. I have not seen any restrictions on the number of heroes used. I did see people in the same tournament with a 3 hero defense and a 5 hero defense. I was able to set up a single hero attack team. There’s no benefit to it, but it can be done.
  2. The rules will specify if there is a maximum star level that can be used (heroes and troops). You can go lower but not higher.
  3. The tournament is in addition to regular raids, and completely separate
  4. The tournament is open to everyone. Matching is random between all entrants. Since everyone is operating under the same set of restrictions, there’s no need for tiers. I don’t know if there will be some sort of unofficial tiers on subsequent days based on current score, but there wasn’t in beta.
  5. Correct. You can use the same heroes for each battle if you want.
  6. Done for the tournament after 4 total losses. 4/20. You can reset the counter with gems and continue in the tournament, but there isn’t much point to it because if you’ve lost 4 matches, your score has already taken a big hit. Assuming you don’t pay gems to continue, your score stays where it is except for the defense performance component. At the end of the tournament, you still get prizes based on that score, so probably the bottom tier participation loot

Hope that helps

9 Likes

Does anybody know for sure, if there will be tournaments with only 1* heroes allowed? Would really love the idea but (or because) it would require to dig deeper in those Aifes & Co.

Btw I think the v20 release notes mention 4 battle days not 5 as mentioned above.

2 Likes

All the tournament rule talk is exciting - any idea when this kicks off?

1 Like

You’re correct. I missed that, thanks. I’ll edit my post to reflect it

1 Like

I guess as soon as everybody has the update.

1 Like

I really wish it wasn’t so… for once at least we could escape the defense curse… all we win on the battlefield, the defense looses overnight… ok, no problem with that, it is the way it’s supposed to be. But why consider defense in the tournament… defense does nothing… just sits there… it’s not even a matter of luck… it’s performance depends on the attacker’s gameplay… why get credit for the defense performance? Boy, I really hope there will be some tiers restricted to 4* heroes, so nobody will be able to hide after a wall of HOTM’s…

1 Like

I’m looking forward to 1* and 2* limit battles, lol.

2 Likes

that’s gonna be funny :wink: I can already imagine debates about 1* defense strategies here on the forum :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Finally a use for that Sharan with emblems I saw posted in another thread . . .

1 Like

Some advice. Use sunscreen outside and Rogues with Evade for 1* Tourneys.

I might be wrong about Evade, but trust me on the sunscreen.

5 Likes

Well, you might be right about Evade, but there’s definitely no need for sun screen today :wink:

2 Likes

Anyway, I don’t have the roster space to accommodate a bunch of 1 and 2*, so I’ll stick to 3 and 4* tourneys. And there’s no way in hell I’m paying 75 gems to continue, unless the guaranteed reward I’ll gamble them for is worth every last one of them…

2 Likes

It is very strange, I read how ppl are afraid of 5* raids tourney and in particular 5* rush mode because big spenders will dominate with hotm. Let me ask a couple of questions here, how many of you non big spender have azlar or quintus Max? How many big spenders do you think have them Max?
Before the last couple months do you think big spenders even think of maxing slow heroes except for maybe Alby and Mrs Claus?
It will take the big spenders a while to get items to Max the normally useless heroes, this is the chance for lower spenders or f2p to shine

4 Likes