Raid Tournament Preview – Planning Leveling Priorities & Strategy in Anticipation of Release

Have been playing for nearly 3 months now & am finding that in raids it is hard to understand how someone with 500 less power can defeat me if you cannot justify & correct this or you start charging pay per raid then I will be going back to MAFIA Wars where it is an even playing field & it takes skill to defeat bosses not like this I think it’s rigged

You aren’t buying replays, but continues.

• on each of the four “raid days” you get 6 flags unless you have been knocked out
  • each loss is one “strike” against you
  • strikes do not reset each day
  • three strikes and you’re knocked out, keeping whatever score you had gotten to that point
  • for 75 gems, you may erase your strikes and continue using your flags
  • performance of your defense gives bonus points to your final score
  • loot is awarded after the fourth day, based on % tiers (top 75%, top 50%, etc.), with extra loot to the top player. All loot is random; higher tiers have more draws wih better odds of good loot. Odds are published.

You can’t buy more flags, so at best you will play 24 raids. Winning a raid gives you 200 bonus points plus the bounty for that foe, based on your foe’s ranking. Losing gives <100 points, so if you buy a continue, you’re already behind by about 600-800 points. Each time you buy yet another continue, you’re still further behind. Given the loot tiers, most players will likely find that buying more than one or two continues is not worthwhile.

5 Likes

Limited Colors as well as Limited Number of :star: for your heroes are - at least often, if not always - combined with another rule such as Very Fast or No Healing (those were the last two in beta).

1 Like

Thank you.

20 clarifications

How are your enemies determined? Is it based on current rankings in the challenge? TP? Cups? Totally RNG?

If there is no entry fee, their will be A LOT of participants of all different team strengths.

Special synergies count for a lot. Attackers choose which heroes to bring so have an advantage of matching up well.

Most players can beat a team with a TP several hundred points higher if the bench is deep enough to allow good matchups.

It is frustrating to see you defense lose to teams with much lower team power but remember to revenge them and get your cups back.

This is the strategy and part of what makes E&P interesting. Finding ways to take a “weaker” to victory is very satisfying. Otherwise it would just be the first to join and biggest spenders at the top. That would be boring.

Remember - defenders lose most of the time. Someone much weaker than you probably rerolls, the one that attacks you thinks they can win.

1 Like

It appears to be random, though the sample size in beta is too small to tell.

1 Like

Hat tip, Kerr. As always, thanks for the details…

Do you set a defense team? Assuming I do… Does it have the same restrictions as the attack team? Can defense team change during contest? If I have a crummy defense, but am winning all my raids, do I have a high bounty? What stops it being a good/bad strategy to wait until the latest possible to do my raids?

1 Like

I understand then, that if we say, you lose an assault on day 1, and on day 2 you lose 2 rounds and you’re out?

I think you have to lose 3 to be ‘out’ at which time you may quit or continue (paying the gem fee) with zero strikes against you again but the number of flags (6 total daily) remains the same

@Kerridoc

Thanks a bunch for the clarification. It is appreciated. Cheers! :smiley:

The question is, if it is 3 losses in a day or 3 losses in total, I take advantage, @kerridoc knows some date of departure of v20?

I believe it’s cumulative, so 3 losses in total but you are restrained in the number of ‘continues’ you do as there will only be 6 flags available per day…

I see this being extremely confusing and annoying the player base A LOT.

1 Like

Nah. People will get it once they see and do it. I thought emblems would be confusing, but they’re really not at all.

1 Like

What will frustrate people is that the vast, vast majority of players will not make it two days (if they make it 1) without losing their 3 raids. I very, very rarely am able to win 6 straight in a day, although that’s fighting at 2600 trophies and not with special rules and stuff.

1 Like

Yup. More p2w same names at top of list with no hope for the rest of us c2p/f2p.

Btw, some tweaks today: five flags/day. Four strikes and you’re out. The four strikes is across all four days; it doesn’t reset each day.

Yes, you set a defense, subject to the special rules that govern offense.

6 Likes

That’s more reasonable. Nice update.