Raid Tournament - Experiment- Please Leave

No, not exactly. You talk about winning 10 in defense - that is not uncommon at all, particularly with a good defense that is aligned to the tournament type, and also not rare for rush tournies where defense has more of an advantage than say buff booster.

I was talking about winning ALL on offense and ALL on defense which is a world apart from winning 10 in a row in D

Multiple people have answered this question. And a sample size of 10 is not nearly sufficient to qualify as evidence.

… in a row- which you just said the odds were very small. You’ve only managed 4 in a row- compared to my 10

Dont misquote me. I said the odds of winning all defense and all offense was astronomically small. I said nothing about winning 10 d in a row, which i have done before too

Great- if it’s okay- can you update us with today’s progress? As I will do also. I’m interested to compare your defense win streak vs mine.

Also- it was 7/7 on last week “buff booster” plus 3/3 in this week “rush attack” - using very average defenses

We do have really differing opinions on a “very average defence” all your defence has emblems, high level troops, 2 of them have no strong colour allowable to be taken against them. Costume Belith is preventing Gunnars split damage being dispelled. This is a very good defence.

An average defence would be no emblems, more limited troops and less synergy between heroes.

2 Likes

Exactly! I think I have a few emblems on maybe 5 3* total, and have exactly ZERO troops that aren’t 4* leveled. And as you said, the specials synergy is also good. That is a very strong defense.

Why do people keep looking for convoluted, nefarious explanations for things. Occams Razor anyone?

You lose all your attacks, you get paired with weaker opponents, thus you win more defenses. Especially with such a strong defense team as that one.

2 Likes

Lol, I apply occams razor constantly in work. Always need to remember Hanlon’s as well…

Are these also weaker opponents? I don’t think so, right?

We’re really calling lvl 71 with a 2650 a weaker opponent?? Really??

So the Crux of this seems to be that you think that by losing 4 straight on day one the boards of the people attacking your defences are being manipulated so they lose?

I love Hanlon’s Razor. Though sometimes I would prefer the malice… just too much stupid sometimes. :joy:

2 Likes

Bingo!! Correct!

I noticed this by accident two weeks ago, thought it strange- repeat- same observation- sadly I didn’t record those, only recorded last week “buff boost” - but again, same conclusion- now recording this real time- my expectation- I will continue to win defenses- as you say, the RNG / boards are being manipulated.

I just don’t see another conclusion.

I dont usually enter 3 star tournaments as my hero availability for those is lacking. Next time there is one I will post my results in here for comparison. Expect to see majority of attacks as losses and defence as losses as well.

Example below of team I would have been using if I had entered this tournament. Much more average defence especially given some players use 2 stars in their D

Yep, quite often it’s a case of “no you must be doing this to cause extra work for me, only possible explanation or whoever interviewed you was out of their tree on scooby snacks at the time”

Well there are a lot of other conclusions. But posters above have highlighted these.

2 sets of data does not a Summer make…so I’d like to see a lot more before I could make a judgement

4/4 defense wins … winning streak continues:

Has anyone else got more than 4 consecutive defenses wins this tournament?

Yep.

Lost the first 2 then it’s gone 5 straight since. I was 5-0 on wins yesterday

Great :+1: thanks for feedback- let’s continue to keep track :slight_smile:

I’m often A rated on defence. Tournament before this I was 5-0 on offence and 3-0 on defence at the end of day 1. But I set a very mean defence so I can imagine it was tough to play against.

So personally I don’t see a coloration between losing on offence and winning on defence.

I feel you need to set a weaker defence next time. Going purple tank, irrespective of who it is, is going to be more of a struggle for any raiders