Raid Shields defying the purpose of a leaderboard

Definitely not cause most shielded players I encounter are ones who just finished attacking up and recently put up a shield and they are usually at the same trophy level the next day.

@mhalttu

I really have to thank you and the whole crew for responding so quickly to our opinions. I appreciate a lot that one week after this thread the shield cannot be be bought with 2600 cups and more.

Thank you :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

The first day or so, I could’t revenge a lot of the battles that I had lost which were showing in my tower, this seems to have calmed down alot, at least at the top!

I am glad that practicality has beaten out vanity on this one.

1 Like

(Sept. 24th): Update 15.1 notes: … You can no longer activate a Raid Shield if you have more than 2600 trophies…

How many of those high on the leader board bought raid shields and now cannot use them?

Shields are activated immediately upon purchase.

I was thinking the raid shields would be useful in some cases. For example: If you are going on vacation for a week, it would be nice to not come back home and have lost all your cups.

Yes, I think that’s the intended use case. But what you’ll find when you come home is that your defense will have done a reasonable job holding your trophies.

I don’t raid as often as I should, but it’s really rare for me to fall below 2500 trophies even if I don’t raid for a few days. Likewise my alt’s team hangs in around 2150 even with minimal maintenance. There comes a point when your cups are low enough, and your defense scary enough, that people don’t bother raiding you, and you gain cups on defense.

And even if you came back from vacation to find you had dropped a few hundred cups, that just means you’ll have an easy time filling up your raid chest for a couple of days.

1 Like

The shaft is ray-shielded, so you’ll have to use Proton Torpedoes…

tenor%20(28)

I believe these can be crafted as forge level 21?

2 Likes

amen!
It happened to me this morning that I was unable to revenge a juicy morsel from my watchtower, due to his having an active shield.

I am glad that this nonsense was changed.

Raiding one’s rank up to 32 and then just sitting behind a shield, going " neener neener", that is / was just pure nonsense.

Thank you for fixing this! :hugs:

1 Like

When the raid shields were new I had several opponents in my watchtower who had raided me and then shielded so I couldn’t do my revenge. But thank God this seems to have lessened. Probably a lot of people bought shields just to try them out and see hiw they work. No I don’t have shielded opponents in my watchtower anymore.

Either this means that shields allow revenges now or the new thing just lost its fun. Idk but I’m grateful that I can revenge the people who attacked me because I still think that preventing revenges is an unfair feature which disrupts the balance of the game.

1 Like

Just to add my 2 cents:
· I’m okay w/ Raid Shields.
· I strongly disagree w/ them preventing Revenges, though.

Sorry for resurrecting this topic over a year later, but I can’t believe this is actually a thing. MAYBE if you’re Top 100 trying to hold your spot for screenshots to immortalize the moment, but when you’re sitting in the 70,000’s range?..

When I see that, I tend to laugh at their ridiculous use of gems, and move on to the next opponent

1 Like

Raid shields are the biggest waste of money and gems in this game. Even a bigger waste than spending 20 :gem: per Minor Mana potion!

1 Like