Raid Shields defying the purpose of a leaderboard

I see the Raids in the same way as you.

I also think that now I will stop playing Raids while I do not have an active chest. And I guess I will not be the only one.

The only solution that I see so that we do not stop playing the Raids, would be to shorten the time between the chests of heroes.

As already said in another section.

The excuse of using the shield to save your cups on vacation is very poor. Those of us with strong teams know that if we are inactive for a while we can lose cups to a certain point, but never reach 0 cups.

And once you return to play you recover your old position faster than you lost it.

Please look for another excuse for the shields issue but do not want us to be stupid.

1 Like

Screenshot_20180914-114348

What the heck, man! Finally made the big board and I’m denied! Conspiracy! :slight_smile:

All defenses hovers around a point. The 4150 team power defense I have, now floats around 25- 2600 when I’m not active no matter how I rearrange it.
When my defense power was lower, same was the cups I could save when I pushed for a higher rank.
When I go raiding to say 2900 cups now and go offline I will lose 2-300 cups in a few hours, but not more than that. When I had a lower defense and pushed for the top the fall was bigger, but I think that makes sense?
It takes only a few 40+ points wins to move up quickly in ranks, so I really don’t see the need the for protection of cups.

4 Likes

But not everyone. As I said I do not particularly care, but with delilah or gravemaker as tank I have lost as much as 240 cups in 2 hours. Things change with Guin. Either that or I have the luckiest raiders get at me, as I have delilah, grave, panther, isarnia and zeline as defense

I’m not saying everyone will be at 2600, but rather that every defense has an equilibrium number of cups. Maybe your team’s is 2500, or 2400. The point is that if you went on vacation for a week and didn’t play E&P at all, you’d come back to find yourself in only a modest hole on raid cups. Your team wouldn’t, for example, drop you below 2000 cups.

2 Likes

@Branwen I have lost 200+ cups in less than 30 min, when logging out after a short visit in top 5, but I have stayed in Diamond arena anyway.

1 Like

I’ve lost as many as 450 cups overnight fyi. With Guin and maxed troops :slight_smile:

6 Likes

After I posted the above snapshot I went back in and had lost 120. Probably 5 minutes. It is, as they say, what it is.

Raiding is bizarre right now because people are trying out these new shields, which means us bareback heroes are getting raided more. Once the realize how much cash they’re burning for so little value, things will go back towards normal.

I’m pretty sure that isn’t happening. Top100 is now look I paid my place here list! And it will be that way, since those, who are there are those, who already burn so much cash to this game, that buing that shield is just tip of the ocean for them. If someone is willing to put thousends of dollars per month in this game, you really think buing 50 gems shield is expensive? Or even thst 1000 gems shield?

Wow, I stand corrected. Dipping into a piranha infested river with a bleeding cut seems safer than swimming in leaderboard watrs

3 Likes

The question is: are the shields meant to prevent revenges as well? Some say they got revenges of people they attacked earlier while the shield was active. But a member of our alliance was denied revenge of a player who had attacked him by a shield.

If the shield prevents a player from loosing too many cups while being on vacation - okay accepted.

But if those shields are meant to prevent revenges as well then I see a serious problem. A player can attack all the way he wants, secures his spot on the leaderboard and activates a shield. And none of the players he attacked can do a revenge. Am I the only one who thinks this is highly unfair?

A raid should always allow the consequence of a revenge - or else the balance and dynamics of the game would change drastically.

Imagine a player loosing 200+ cups because he didn’t buy a shield. And then he cannot revenge because his attackers bought shields. Wouldn’t this lead to a situation where you either buy shields because everyone does or quit the game out of frustration?

As long as a shield only prevents raids I can see the benefit in it but it should not prevent revenges. At least that’s my opinion :relaxed:

3 Likes

Well said, I agree. I think this issue is still up for discussion with @Petriand the SGG devs.

If a shield couldn’t protect you from swords and spears (etc) but only from one kind of a weapon it would be a pretty useless shield IMHO.

Small Giant since you’re gonna make it even more difficult why don’t you keep it fair and give us all the option to be pay for your place or earn your place? Better yet, how bout this.sinxe were are the ones paying and playing why don’t you send us all out some ballads and let the players vote on it.

Personally I’m not a big fan of the shield and I struggle to see its purpose within the game. Raid or don’t raid, win or lose on the strength of your team; that about sums it up for me.
Hiding behind a shield to stop the attacks from coming is weak at best.

1 Like

I’ve tried using Panther in several different defensive groups and she is simply too squishy to play defense. I’d find another Dark to put in there. Sartana holds up very well.

1 Like

At the risky of being snarky, the purpose is clear: to increase SGG revenue.

Yeah, I mean, avatars and pins don’t really enhance the game in any meaningful way, but they raise revenue. I actually those in the Top 100 are the LEAST likely to use raid shields. They have the best defenses and can easily just get back there, paying to stay makes no sense. Especially since it gets you nothing. I was briefly top 100 (see above) and while it was cool for the moment, it ain’t worth paying for.