Raid Shields defying the purpose of a leaderboard

Hahaha, mine too but I just wanted to make sure in case he really meant it, then I’m really curious. I’m sorry @sleeperZ96BT I didn’t ask to put you in the spot in a negative way…

1 Like

Maybe those on vacation should be removed from that score as well? :thinking:

I think that’s too restrictive. If I’ve got limited time or connectivity, I might do a little farming, but raiding requires more time and focus. The restriction they’ve put in place seems right to me: if you initiate a raid, the shield drops.

1 Like

Just a bit of clarification please:
A shielded player CANNOT be raided?

So in (a highly unlikely) theory, every player could shield themselves and raiding would be a thing of the past?

In this scenario, raiding would only be unavailable for a specific amount of time. There is a cool down between using the shields.

The info does say “The durations from all raid shields are added together…” so I guess it would be possible to keep adding raid shields and stacking the effect. Not sure if that’s what SG meant by that. Guess we’ll have to see.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:.
And at 1000 gems the shield is at least cost prohibitive, so my unlikely theory becomes even more so.

(I’d still like to see the reaction on a new players face though (:thinking::open_mouth::worried:) if every other player was shielded and invisible in raids) :rofl::sweat_smile:

You’re a true top player to me Epi :smiley:
-LSB

That’s what it says on the description in the Store.

Just a quick answer/clarification regarding Raid Shield and the leaderboard (in beta):

Yes, a shielded player is still present on the leaderboard.

Deleted post_______________________

No no no, I messed up. It’s funny because even the response contradicting me assumed there was a no there.

1 Like

Hahaha… I knew you were better than that, but I was intrigued… lol

I mean really it’s my e-peen is bigger than yours, that’s the only benefit I can think of. Or it’s like you reach number one and take a screen snap to record it and then get smashed down 300 cups :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In that case, that’s bad. I mean, I think no one has a problem that someone take vacation and save progress. However, I think seeing them in the leaderboard and not even be able to attack them (where just you win/lose cups), yes, really can lead to deadlock of top 100 leaderboards if so many players are willing to spend money on it.

I mean, it’s called leaderboard, aka current situation, and not hall of fame, filled with historic accomplishments.
If you’re on vacation, you’re not playing.
Saving cups is great, this just sounds wrong.

We basically all play for own fame and glory and some scores, and competing against older ourselves, against our teammates or whole world.

Also, what, someone gained 4000 cups and paid for infinite amount of time, even if new heroes come, which could smash his def and his roster and in that new situation person could hold just 2000 cups for example? Makes no sense to have frozen players.

I hope devs will rethink this idea and implementation.

1 Like

Instead of new good ideas and features, we get something like that. Sad, sad, sad…Shame on you SG

2 Likes

Another way of monetize something.

But i don’t care about cups, so i’m cool with it :unicorn:

1 Like

I’m with Elpis, don’t really care about cups so it would boggle my mind that people actually buy it. On the other hand I also don’t see how it really affects anything. If the “top” players do buy it and hold their cups doesn’t that just decrease the pool of “strong” players and make it easier for you to raid up? Whatever, I’m going back to filling my 2 raid chests a day.

Edit: Only annoying thing I see is not being able to revenge.

1 Like

Agree 100%.

Raid shields are just ridiculous.

The only way to avoid losing cups should be HAVING A GOOD DEFENSE TEAM.

E&P has upgraded Pay To Win, and just invented Pay Not to Lose.

I hope developers realize just how wrong is this, and how much it hurts the game.

@Sara, I’m tagging you because you are the only staff member I know the name, if you could share with us the reason SG has made such a decision, it would be very nice from you.

3 Likes

Who all that is in a rage here about this is actually in the top 100 on a regular basis?

1 Like

A bunch of people here are in the top 100 – but that’s not what it’s about. And it’s in a way not mainly about the real (game) world effects. That’s not the reason I wrote the post, anyway. It’s about introducing something defying the purpose of a leaderboard, and – on top of that – getting people to pay for it. I also mentioned why I see this as a problem.