Raid results after 1.12

I have to agree that something was necessary to address cup dropping. I’m not sure this was the best way, but I’m also no game designer. “My gut says this isn’t good,” after just 24 hours live is not the best measure of quality or of how to improve the game.:slight_smile:
My own biggest issue is with the manner it was done. As you say, it should have been much better communicated to the playerbase.

1 Like

Agreed. At the very least, a change like this needed to come gradually.

I also wouldn’t mind if payouts were more generous for those who have leveled their watchtower (they’re risking more, so they should get more reward to compensate).

Yet, something is not right with the pairing system

I do not drop cups, that is my early morning average, after losing some 200 cups during the night, but the team power difference is disproportional. This is not the only such case.

Bran I was under the impression matching was just +/- 300 trophies… seems like that should’ve been possible all along?

Brobb thanks for the info … I’ll add it to the OP… man it’s gonna be rough to figure out how things trend with that stinking storage thing thrown in :smiley: but maybe we can get a vague picture anyway

1 Like

Team power has no bearing on matching (and nor should it - it’s irrelevant). The only determinant is trophies, and as @Duaneski says, the acceptable range used to be +/-300 (might have been tweaked to +/-280 at some point - I can’t quite recall). So your match looks fine.

2 Likes

To regain my cups lost after the “night massacre” I usually use revenges (old & new) on the ones with more cups and then keep raiding VS the ones with more cups to minimize future cups lost by other revenges.

Cups range as stated above is around +/- 300, making possible fighting extremely unalanced fights, like one lower division player that broke through the cups wall and the ones with “post sleep” cups but we can easily skip the ones who we dislike fighting.

2% of the players below 4000 team power were dropping cups. This “fix” unjustly punishes the other 98%.

(yes, I’m making up numbers. But so are you.)

6 Likes

Foul! I’m not “making up numbers”!

(I am making sweeping generalisations, though, so you do have a point.)

6 Likes

Lower level players in say the 1100 cup mark have been devastated by this raiding change. Can barely find 7K of each when re-rolling in that range. This makes it not even fun or worth raiding anymore as it actually hurts your storage levels vs helping them. With no raiding means your left with relying on your farms/watchtower to generate resources and at the lower level its so slow that progression in the game has come to a screeching halt. Something must be done or your going to have new’ish players just giving up on the game and have a game that’s stacked with nothing but veterans that were able to establish their progression post change. Something must be done!

5 Likes

I’m a veteran and I established my progress pre-change. I did so by never cup dropping - I didn’t need to. My typical raid loot has always been 2,500 food and 3,500 iron. Didn’t need any more - that’s what farms and mines are for.

New players want to get easy sources of resources so they can skip the year of grinding it took to get a decent team? You’ll forgive me if I have no sympathy whatsoever. If they want to fast forward, let them spend.

3 Likes

That’s not what is happening. We are spending 15k to re-roll for a fair match and getting 8k in return. We either progress our teams or hold cups, not both. We are effectively trading resources for cup rating.

If you are cup pushing and trying to stay in a certain range, then yes you are sacraficing resource rewards to do so, that’ your choice. Many others use raiding as a source of income and don’t care about rank position or obtaining a certain status. The VERY large majority of your new’ish player base falls into the latter, which is who is being heavily impacting and putting the future of this game and it’s ability to bring in and hold new players at serious risk.

2 Likes

When I was a boy we had to…lol

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m saying. We already have to re-roll 10 times to get a match within 500 points due to all the droppers and inactives at any level past 600 for half as much resources as it cost to roll a fair match. If the re-roll cost is going to be based on outposts either the matchmaking function needs to change or rewards need to be adjusted.

When I was a kid, we had to raid uphill both ways

8 Likes

My suggestion would be to stop re-rolling. If you lose a raid and your trophies lower, eventually you’ll equal out to a place you can win more than lose. Resources may not be as good at the level you wind up at, but at least you won’t be taking a loss just trying to maintain a level.

8 Likes

I think this change is purely slowing down progress, which was already very slow. I’m not paying just for food but without paying for food I’m not able to enjoy playing in my free time as much now. I think this just turned into a full time farming job rather than game unless you’re planning on playing for months to finish levelling a hero that will probably be outdone by a new HOTM soon as you drop your ascension items.

Giving it a week but gutted.

4 Likes

I tried that today, log off at 1080 cups, come back 1200 and your solution is to burn all 6 flags on matches I can’t possibly win. What kind of solution is that? Re-roll based on outposts is ridiculous if rewards are limited by tier. Those are 2 different systems that absolutely do not reflect one another. I’m not asking for “more free stuff” I am pointing out how extremely new player unfriendly this “fix” just made this game.

When bronze and gold give the same rewards for chests and 3k difference in hams what is stopping the cup droppers from dropping to 500 rating for easy chests? Nothing was fixed, it just gives more incentive to lose all your cups.

This is exactly the problem SG are trying to fix. They want players to care about rank position and obtaining a certain status, to fix the broken trophy ranking system. The way they have chosen to do this is to remove players’ ability to use raiding as a source of income, or at least to ensure that it is most profitable to do so at the highest cup level possible.

And frankly, if you have accurately described your attitude to trophies, raiding, and income, they have probably got it right.

3 Likes
  1. Higher tier chests are way better than lower tier chests.

2. Farming generates way more income in higher tiers than lower tiers.

3. Sounds like you might just be bad at raiding, seriously. There’s lots of great information on the forum about how to get better - maybe give that a crack and see if it helps.

2 Likes