Raid bounties (vs AI)

Here’s the idea: a second place to spend raid flags - bounty hunting.

1. Four difficulties: Rare (3*), Epic (4*), Legendary (5*), Ultimate (5*+20).
  2. For each difficulty, an AI “player” with a raid defense lineup is set up weekly.
  3. Actual players can use raid flags to attack the bounty target instead of other players.
  4. During attacks, raid rules apply: no items, time limit, tiebreaker.
  5. For the week, a set of 3/5/… bounties (aka challenges) is set up to reward for completion.

Sample bounties:

• Win without any hero on your team being healed.
  • Win with 3 heroes one star less than the selected difficulty (2* for rare, 3* for epic, 4* for legendary/ultimate).
  • Win with 2 heroes two stars less than selected difficulty (see above, subtract one)
  • Win without a hero of the colour strong against the tank.
  • Win with a rainbow team.
  • Win after letting each enemy hero cast their special.
  • Win by killing the tank last.
  1. The bounties would have rewards that scale with the difficulty you claimed them on, but the max total reward you can get for each bounty is the one on Ultimate (i.e. if you claim a bounty on Rare, claiming it again on Epic only gives you the difference in rewards). This means it is enough to claim everything on Ultimate - you don’t have to grind all difficulties.
  2. Completing the fight in general will reward you with something mildly useful (say, 10k ham / 7k iron on legendary)

Why?

1. This makes raid flags somewhat more valuable than they currently are (a lot of players currently don’t find a reason to use them).
  2. Raid flasks become a commodity instead of an ever-growing pile of junk, since you can actually grind out some ham/iron if you really want to.
  3. There’s something in it for everyone regardless of experience and hero lineup.
  4. Pacifist / PvP-averse players get a use for their raid flags.
  5. You can test out all kinds of raid offense comps without the risk of losing cups / bringing on the wrath of the attacked player.
  6. SGG can “suggest” defense lineups to shake the meta, and people will actually be able to see how those could work.
  7. Fun! Depending on creativity with the bounties, this could make you do things you’d never even consider.

I think we would need a manual for this… two years ago, when I started playing, this was a simple and fun game. As month passed it become more and more complex and hard to follow for a newbie. I think we need to keep it as simple as possible, because at the current rate, it will soon become more difficult to follow than chess…

I feel you, but with what was going on with ninja tower in beta, it’ll get even more convoluted regardless.

The idea here is simple on the other hand: you raid an NPC instead of a player, and you get goodies if you beat them while doing something unusual.
You can choose to raid a 3*, 4*, 5*, or 5*+20 defense depending on which you think you can handle - but the higher you get, the better the rewards.

Bump because I believe this is a decent idea, and not half as radical as the last one I had.