Raid Arena Opt-Out Proposal

Care to explain how your proposal is better than simply clicking on an “opt-out” button? :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong. I am not saying your proposal won’t address (at least some of) the concerns of the original poster. What I am trying to understand is: How is your alternate proposal a better solution at addressing the OP’s problems?

Seems like you’re proposing an alternate idea without explaining why/why not the current idea is good.

(If you’re indeed serious in proposing your alternate idea, may be it should be on an alternate thread? :slight_smile:, since this thread is dedicated to discussing the pros/cons/viability etc of the current proposal at hand.)

Probably not the most empathetic reference to the OP. However, since this is subjective, I am going to let the rest of the readers of this thread judge it for themselves.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Thanks for suggesting this. However, from my experience, these don’t work. I empty my watchtower of food/iron regularly, but still get attacked. So I doubt a lower-level watchtower with less food/iron will help.

And the single-Aife thing… well, there are reasons why someone would not like to cup-drop to that degree. Looking at the original proposal, it’s designed to allow players to opt-out from time to time while still preserving their cup levels (except for the -150 trophy reduction). This single-Aife thing could potentially bring one way way way way way down.

You say you’re not judging, and probably you aren’t, but there could be reasons why someone who gets stressed at the raiding/PVP aspect would want to stay and play the game. Maybe they like challenge events, maybe they like their alliance and want to stay. I think there’s a lot of merit in deactivating certain parts of the game while continuing to play others. We can ignore titans, wars, raid tournaments, and path of valor; why not also ignore normal raids only?

Thanks for providing an alternate suggestion!

I agree with @CaptainjaKCsparrow , “tormented souls” isn’t the most empathetic term to use here.

I think this could work, though I still like having normal raids, raid tourneys and wars as separate opt-put options. And I also think opting out of raids while continuing to harvest food/iron from the watchtower is attractive, at least you reap the benefits of building the tower in the first place. Still, I personally would be willing to give up the ham/iron from the watchtower if it gave me more peace of mind (can’t speak for others though, and I’m not one of those who minds being raided - though I can understand that others get anxious from it).

3 Likes

I can remember when I started riding, fighting against other players. I won every single battle until that one time when I lost. I don’t know why, but I felt disappointed, discouraged and bad overall.
PvP aspect of every game is the least interesting for me and I always avoid it. It can be stressful for me, especially when I have to play with other players in a team (in real time). But in this game nobody can see how I play, they can see only the result of the battle and also I want to fill one wanted chest per day, so from time to time I decide to fight other players. Nevertheless I understand that some people would like to resign from PvP completely, not only resigning from attacking other players, but also not seeing other players attacking them.

2 Likes

Very simple: If OP wants to opt out from raids, but keep Watchtower up and running, it’s not fair, they are just getting the benefits of WT without fighting to defend it, so the fair thing is “I don’t get attacked, but don’t get food and iron either” (they can leave war out of this if they want to).

Be my guest to take the idea and put it in a different thread, I was just trying to help OP to propose something that IMO would have better chances to succeed, but I’m quite comfortable with raiding to fill chests and getting attacked to make revenges and choose who I attack to fill chest or get more resources.

And that is EXACTLY my point.
You can ignore Path of Valor, Titans, wars, and tournaments WITHOUT AN OPT OUT BUTTON, why don’t just do the same with raids?

As for the way, way, way down, look at rule No. 2 of OP, it’s the exact same effect as the Aife defense team.

I’d agree if they were working in new stuff, especially stuff requested by a large group of players. The ideas for a trading post/ability to trade stuff with teammates has been discussed for over a year now and no updates or news coming along. The ability for a leader to opt out members of a team from war because they haven’t followed rules is another (I know they’re worried about it’s use as retaliation or punishment for stupid stuff, but then put in a reason required box. The leader has to justify the reason and that can be reviewed if a complaint filed). I would like to see the ability to direct message a person and/or post stuff in the game chat, but I guess we have to limit it to Line, although not needing yet another app taking up space would be nice.

I actually came across this as I was having an issue with today’s tournament. I noticed it said that special skills are set to very fast. Is that only for the defense teams? Just wondering because my slow and average heroes are charging up their special skills at their normal speeds!!!

Too late for that for most of us… you can’t “unlevel” a Watchtower…

And not everyone raids just for food and iron. Many do it for the cups. Most probably do it just to fill their hero chests. Which…

There have been entire threads on here full of angry people venting about players who do this (putting up single hero defense teams). Basically, players who put up single hero raid defenses rank right up there with war deserters, AW spies, uninvited titan mercs, etc. in terms of “most hated players” in this game. There are entire discussions on other forums specifically calling out, harassing, ridiculing, and blacklisting players who do this.

I agree with you to a degree, but games are supposed to be fun. We all have the option to opt out of other game aspects that we don’t care to take part in. Don’t want to hit titans? Either don’t join an alliance, or join an alliance that doesn’t care whether or not you hit the titan. Don’t want to do raid tournaments? Don’t sign up for raid tournaments. Don’t want to do Alliance Wars? Opt out of Alliance Wars. I see no reason why there shouldn’t also be an opt-out option for raids themselves.

This is not a bad suggestion, I could get on board with this. It’s something I would probably do myself from time to time, especially if I was in the mood to take a temporary break from the game.

Reality is that raids and wars and other PvP stuffs can be stressful for people. Doesn’t mean that they’re “weak” or whatever, just that… sometimes people just want to play a relaxing game in peace and quiet. There are a lot of players in the game who have zero interest in being part of this big “social community” crap, they just want to fight monsters and level up heroes at their own pace and not feel pressured to take part in all the competitive stuffs.

Just ignore it if you don’t like it.? Sure. That’s an option. It’s the one I usually go with. But it’s annoying to have to see the stupid notifications all the time, trying to convince you to do something that you don’t really want to do.

Games. Are. Supposed. To. Be. Fun.

Not work. Not stressful. Not frustrating.

If your general takeaway from this suggestion is basically just, “that’s how E&P operates, if you don’t like it, play a different game.” Sure, that is of course a valid suggestion. But haven’t enough people been quitting already? Aren’t the majority of complaints on this forum about “QoL” (Quality of Life) improvements to actually make the game more enjoyable for everyone?

I mean, if we’re just going to declare that

THIS IS A HARDCORE GAME FOR HARDCORE COMPETITIVE PLAYERS ONLY WHO ARE WILLING TO SPEND ALL THE MONEYS AND DO ALL THE CONTENTS AND GRIND 24 HOURS A DAY IN ORDER TO BE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME, WHINERS AND CHEAPSKATES AND FILTHY CASUALS SHOULD JUST STOP COMPLAINING AND GTFO

That’s totally fine if that’s what the game is intended for, if that is their official Mission Statement, if those are the only kinds of players they are interested in retaining. Here I thought it was a casual match-3 game with some RPG and social elements, meant to appeal to all types of gamers, including those who may not really feel comfortable with PvP.

And for all those saying “I wish they would work on this instead”… yeah, I think the majority of us wish they were working on something other than “whatever it is” that they’re working on. :roll_eyes: You can’t tell me that a game that is bringing in millions of dollars every month can’t afford to take a few minutes out of their “obviously very busy days” to make a simple little tweak to something here and there.

3 Likes

Your heroes should be charging all in very fast speed, however, unlike defense´s heroes, yours depend on tiles to charge, so what is actually reduced is the number of tiles required to charge their specials.
Rules in tournament always apply to both teams.

Your argument here has some erroneous assumptions, the most obvious of them being: If your watchtower is continuously attacked (which is not the case, realistically speaking, but still let’s say this is the case), then you won’t be able to harvest any food or iron from it.

This is your assumption when you made the following declarative statement:

Even if a ton of people attack my watch tower overnight, I would still harvest a decent amount of food and iron in my morning. Then probably it isn’t right to suggest that the OP should completely forgo those resources. (I think a better suggestion here would be to say that the production of his watch tower resources should be reduced by a certain percentage amount - a number that could be suggested by the number geeks over here at the forum or at SGG)

This is your proposal. Please don’t put the onus on another person.

May be your intentions are in the right place. May be it’s just the way that you articulated things that could be improved. And that’s why I am giving you the benefit of doubt here (and also pointed out one way in which your proposal can be improved).

However, I am assuming here that the intent of this thread is to discuss the merits and demerits of the proposed idea/feature that is the main topic of this thread.

Hence my request to you to post it as a separate thread (since it’s interesting enough to merit a discussion on a separate thread without getting entangled in a thread that is intended for something else.) However, for some reason, my words seem to have rubbed you the wrong way.

I hope I have made myself clear this time.

Cheers!! :slight_smile::beers:

2 Likes

and that was EXACTLY my point the first time I replied to you -

Titans, Wars, Tournaments and Path of Valor do NOT pop up in your face - but notifications of your watchtower being attacked DO. When you open the game, they pop out there - BOOM, you got attacked. Kind of makes it harder to ignore, no?

and #2 of OP says the player remains unranked. look at the -150 cup penalty: it means, the player’s cups remain stagnant -150. Your Aife proposal doesn’t have that same safety net.

2 Likes

And this is the exact mindset I was trying to address in my first post in this thread:

When you keep asking “Why can’t you do this… why can’t you do that…”, it sends the wrong message to the other person. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I honestly don’t understand the point of this thread here.

For starters, we’re talking about people who get easily affected emotionally by negative aspects of this game. My advice to them is simple: quit the game. No offense to anyone, and not trying to be insensitive, but this game is very frustrating in every aspect of it. Disabling some aspect of it like raids and wars will affect your ability to complete other aspects like high level missions, quests, challenges, titans, etc. So honestly, if you’re that easily frustrated, please quit this game and find something more soothing. Again, I’m not trying to be offensive, I sincerely believe this is in your best interest.

As for the more generic discussion, this is unreasonable to me. When you set your defense, if you’re getting constantly pummeled, it’s because your trophy level is much higher than your defense deserves. It could be because you don’t know how to set up your defense, it could be because you put resources on good offensive heroes and neglected defensive ones, or it could be that you are very good or active at raiding offensively. Whatever it is, once you drop to a certain point, this will all balance itself out and your defense will keep you at the level it deserves to be.

From what I gather, it seems like the OP wants to maintain a higher level than that. I don’t see how this is fair. Imagine if I went on a rampage, burned a load of flasks and got 2600 trophies then decided to uncheck this proposed box and stay permanently at 2450. How is that fair?

2 Likes

First of all, I feel sorry for everyone who suffers from stress and anxiety, but if a game causes one to feel that way, then they simply shouldn’t play it, period!

E&P has a lot of stress potential (summons, bad boards, titans, even the chests…), so opting out of the (in my opinion) least important stress factor won’t solve the problem of one’s mental state.

1 Like

Then there is absolutely no point to this thread.

There already is a device working to TEMPORARILY hold your cups: shield raids.

4h, 1d, 2d, 7d.

C’mon, really??? “I don’t want to raid but I want to keep my trophies and I want it to be gems free, and also I want to keep my WT producing food and iron”

This is pure paternalism, and IMO game should keep as far away from it as possible.

This game is a challenge, and all challenges require effort, perseverance and present high levels of stress and frustration, (that’s why they’re called challenges) hence you feel better when you get the rewards (AM, emblems, heroes, etc.)

At least my two suggestions offer better drawbacks: no food/iron or no cups, things that highly stressed people should happily trade off for their peace of mind.

1 Like

As long as they’re still able to be revenged by those they attacked first (assuming they did), and they’re not doing any more raids to fill any more chests, why should it matter?

Just change their cup count to

N/A: This player has opted out of raids

My alliance opted out of wars a long time ago. Our war chest and war scores are still locked in. How is that fair? It’s fair because it makes zero difference at all to any other player in the game, unless I decide to uncheck the “opt out of wars” button later… in which case, my alliance continues right where we left off.

The mere fact that you are upset that a player could “lock in” a score - even when they’re not even personally benefitting from that score (have to raid in order to fill a chest to be able to claim the loot, right?)… means that you are in fact judging other players based on their cup counts. Not because you’re threatened by what kind of loots they might potentially get - but merely by the fact that they have cups in the first place.

Exactly what about that bothers you? If they’re not attacking you, not getting loot, not filling hero chests… I mean hell, there are “players” in this game who have been inactive for months and are still holding onto diamond tier slots. Should I be complaining about that? Should all of their accounts be deleted to give me a better shot at getting to diamond tier myself, because I can’t beat a bunch of high level zombie teams? They don’t even play the damn game, what are they doing with all of those cups? What are they using them for? Not fair!

4 Likes

I don’t judge anyone for being more sensitive than the average person about certain things, or getting stressed, anxious, or emotional about different things than others, no matter how specific or abnormal they may seem to the next person. While most of us think clicking that “OK” button after a bunch of losses is NBD (some people still cup-drop!), it’s okay that others don’t like it.

That being said, I think it’s unrealistic to ask the game creators to create a feature for special circumstances like this. I think it’s safe to say that this does not hurt QOL for the average person, and the devs don’t need to accommodate all people, including those that are a little more emotionally vulnerable. Those people generally know what the game is about (like any attack, shooter, PVP, RPG, game, etc) and need to make decisions for themselves as to whether they would like to play or not, or how to improve their QOLs by playing in moderation/not at all.

2 Likes

There are a number of reasons why players attack in raids. For me, it’s to fill my raid chest. The iron/food is just an added bonus. In my case facing a weak watchtower would not discourage me. There are players who raid mainly for iron/food but I think in the game as a whole they are the minority.

I suspect some players will attack the single Aife team BECAUSE it’s set up that way out of sheer spite. Setting up a one-hero defense is usually considered a #### move. It also ties up a roster spot with an Aife hero that you could more profitably use elsewhere.

It wasn’t for me. I happily played the provinces alliance-less at the beginning and didn’t care about summons results. AM only becomes a stressful issue when you have too many 5* heroes to level up.

I’m not clear that there is any difference between opting out and deactivating watchtower. Either way you are not available for raiding in attack or defense.

I’m also not clear on this “temporary opt-out” option. You either like raiding or you don’t. If you’re opting out for a break that’s different from opting out to avoid getting stressed by it.

1. The mere fact that monster chests and to some extent titan chests depend a lot on your raid arena show how clueless you are about my reasoning and perhaps even this game. One of the main issues with this proposal is exactly that people can benefit unfairly from it. If the proposal was to disable chests and loot that depends on raid arena as well, perhaps this might be a different conversation. But this isn’t the case.

2. The fact that according to you, and I quote “there are “players” in this game who have been inactive for months and are still holding onto diamond tier slots” shows there’s no reason to opt out to maintain a set level, even the highest one possible. Work on your defense and it will keep you at the level it deserves to be. No gimmick necessary.

3. The unfairness is multi-fold but to put it simply, I find it unfair that every player so far had to deal with the grind and stress of reaching and maintaining diamond level to benefit from better loot (no matter how fantastic that concept is) and this proposal will allow people to skip most of the grind, create one decent raid team, throw a bunch of flasks, reroll until they get favorable matchups, get to 2551 trophies, uncheck a box and they’re guaranteed diamond level for life.

4. Trophy level is a significant factor of your alliance score. On top of that many alliances set a minimum level of trophies required for their members. Having an artificially high level of trophies is unfair both to your alliance members who will get tougher war matchups because of it, and also those who can’t join that alliance even though they have a better roster than you and deserve that spot more.

5. There is already a feature called “Raid shield” which can be purchased with gems to provide the exact same thing.

Lastly, please spare me your keyboard justice warrior crusade. If you want to debate what I write, you’re more than welcome. If you have questions, feel free to ask. But don’t make false assumptions to make yourself feel better or smarter.

1 Like

Don’t they have the cup freezes or whatever they’re called in the shops for this?

What???

1st I’ve heard of this

Afaik

Monster and titan chests and raid chests aren’t connected to one another outside of havin the ability to spawn an elemental chest at any 1 of the locations( but elemental chests are the same rolls regardless of location or difficulty or arena or titan level or whatever other variables people can think of)

Raid chest is the only one connected to your stronghold and only to the iron/ham storages to determine the food/iron amounts per Raid chest

But hey i could be wrong.

Anyway you could show us where you’re finding these facts?

4 Likes