This was sent to me by another player not on the forum right now. As a favor, I told them I’d share here for sgg consideration as well as feedback/thoughts from the community.
Empires & Puzzles Raid Arena Opt-Out Proposal
Purpose : For many players of “Empires & Puzzles” the Player versus Player aspect can be less enjoyable and in some more extreme circumstances can cause more severe depression and anxiety for players, who may be struggling to separate the losses in the game from losses in real life. Quitting the game shouldn’t be an option especially for players seeking a respite in Raid Arena but are heavily invested in the game overall. Currently, opt-out or non-participation options are available for Alliance Wars and Raid Tournaments. The Raid Arena is the only Player v Player aspect that cannot be opted out. The purpose of this proposal is to give the player more freedom to opt out of raids without suffering significant, unprovoked losses.
Proposed Rules :
1. The player can opt out of Raid Arena participation for 1 day, 5 days, 10 days, 20 days, or 30 days. Once opted out, the player cannot opt back in until the specified desired time frame has ended.
• Why use set times? Why not choose your own time frame to be opted out?
The War Chest and Raid Tournament rewards have a tendency to be graded higher than the Wanted Mission of the Hero Chest from raids because filling the War treasure chest and competing for rewards in Raid Tournaments are more involved and take more time. For this reason, opting out for Raid Arena needs to be more rigid with a few drawbacks. If you could opt back in at any time when it’s convenient for you, then this could undermine the competitive aspect of the game.
2. If you opt out, you lose your ranking. You are automatically thrown into the bottom pool of “NR” ranked players.
Part of the competitive aspect and player pride aspect in raids is the ranking. In order to prevent a player from misusing this opt-out feature to protect their rank, it is necessary to remove opted out players from being ranked.
3. If you opt-out, you cannot be raided unprovoked (you are automatically removed from the pool of potential raid opponents), but you also cannot offensively raid. This stipulation cannot be reversed until the specified Raid Opt-Out period is over.
The only exception is that you can still be Revenge Raided if opted out, but you can prevent a Revenge Raid while opted out, if you purchase a Raid Shield and keep an active Raid Shield in place while opted out. This allows the Raid Shields to still have a role in the game. The 2600 Raid Shield cap is still in force.
4. If opted out of Raid Arena, you sacrifice time to meet “Defeat Heroes” requirements in Path of Valor that cannot be done by only defeating heroes in the Raid Tournament. You can still fill the Raid Heroes Chest by competing in the Raid Tournament.
Because the Raid Tournament doesn’t allow you to target or skip a desired opponent to raid, and it has more rules (and the same for Wars), it should still be allowed to participate in Raid Tournaments and Wars even if opted out of Raid Arena.
1. The player opted out of Raid Arena automatically receives a 150-trophy deduction.
This is kind of up in the air in case the previous proposals don’t seem solid enough to keep a player, who opts out from Raids, from undermining the competitive side of the game. This additional proposal is to make opting out more attractive at a personal level for those players legitimately seeking a break from Raid Arena’s competitive grind. Players seeking to mis-use the opt-out feature would be less likely to do so, if they knew a reasonable loss in cups would drop their ranking when the opt-out period ends.