Quit, Coast or Commit?

Thanks for keeping us updated Steve. All the best dude, even the best things in life can feel like a chore sometimes.

2 Likes

Hi Steve,
since I was tagged by Jonah, I will offer my two cents. I don’t want to get into the mono/non-mono debate and what is worthy or not. In our alliance we use and support different playstyles, as long as the players are happy with their choices and can contribute to a good result for the alliance. If you decide to travel the virtual world of E&P alliances you are very welcome to stop by, see how this works for us, although my impression is you already are in a very supportive alliance. Having said that, here’s another thought; have you considered joining a training alliance for a while? Helping less experienced players discover hero synergies might actually rekindle your own interest to commit and you will be passing on your knowledge.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you find joy in the game again!
Take care and good luck :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In my case, playing mono in PVP is not a matter of lazy… but a matter of necessity. I only have 7 fully ascended legendary heroes. My opponents are usually always several hundred TP above my own.

If I had 30 fully ascended 5* heroes to play around with, I might even give rainbow a whirl again. Unfortunately, I do not… and…

4cii97

I do what I have to in order to survive at the higher levels against players that overpower me, either because they’ve spent a lot more, played for longer than I have, gotten luckier in their summons, etc.; whatever the case… I’m just trying to keep up with teams that I probably have no business even trying to keep up with. :smile:

As for the alliance thing… just because you’re not tryharding 24/7, doesn’t mean that you should quit the game.

In fact, in my opinion, those who take the game far too seriously are probably the ones who should be taking a break.

EDIT: okay some of you might think it’s hypocritical of me to talk about taking the game too seriously, based on the tone of some of my posts. The things I take seriously about the game are usually things that affect my alliance. An alliance leader absolutely should take the happiness and well being of his or her alliance seriously. Otherwise, what’s the point in being a leader? A lazy leader is pretty much just an ordinary member at that point.

So I am guilty of caring about my alliance, and occasionally trying harder than I ordinarily would if I wasn’t a leader. But that just comes with the role. I can’t be selfish and only think about myself when I have a bunch of other players also relying on me to at the very least try to set a good example. But I volunteered for the role, because I wanted to do it. And should the time come that I no longer want to put in the effort, I may step down and pass on leadership to someone else.

5 Likes

Thank-you again for all you replies, and to @TangyHot and @TGW ( I greatly enjoyed your Forum interview btw @TGW - nice one!)

I came downstairs this morning, logged on, and found myself immediately posting messages about “don’t hit the Titan”, worrying about where one of our absent members had got to etc etc. It seems I just can’t step back! So I decided the only way was to disappear - for a while at least. So … just before war matchmaking I posted a farewell message and then I left! I nearly made 700 days! What a wrench it was. I cant believe it was me that left before you @Mr.Spock!

For now I have gone to an alliance called “Cracking Open a Cold One” which is led by @IvyTheTerrible who is someone I greatly admire on the Forums (and who has been very quiet lately?)

I may well do a tour like @JonahTheBard and @Sarah2 have suggested, but I expect eventually I will go to “UK Adventurers Chill” and maybe ultimately go back home to “UK Adventurers” if and when there is space.

Wish me luck … I am missing my old crew already!

10 Likes

Best of luck wherever your travels end up landing you!

Don’t know Ivy personally, but based on limited forum interactions with (her?), I believe you’ve probably found a solid temporary home. :+1:

Fortunately I do quite enjoy leading an alliance (at least a smallish one where I know all of the members)… and yeah I get those moments where I’m like “wait! no! don’t hit that!” but it’s already too late, someone else has already done gone did it. :man_facepalming: :laughing: All good though!

1 Like

Sometimes the best way to move forward is to take a step back.

6 Likes

Create sister alliance with casual play style

When ur casual sister alliance become bigger and gather more members, select dedicated serious player and send to mr spock alliance.

Meanwhile if some members from spock alliance need to take a break, can lodge on ur casual alliance.

Sister alliance become beneficial in longterm as it become mutual between those two

4 Likes

:arrow_up: this is also a great suggestion. I ran a “sister alliance” early on for my newer lower level members so that they wouldn’t be forced into alliance wars with my original team. I’ve been thinking about reopening one again eventually for our lower level members who don’t war and are tired of scoring C scores on our bigger titans…

I’ve tried to tell them multiple times that a C score on an 8* titan will still give them better loot than an A score on a 3* titan, but all they see is their own scores compared to everyone else’s, and it starts to get to them. No matter how many times I insist that I don’t care about individual numbers like that…

I might have to revisit that option again in the future.

1 Like

I believe they already have a “sister alliance” that is chill.

2 Likes

Thanks @mogulemon. As @nevarmaor says, “UK Adventurers” already do have a small sister, chill alliance called “UK Adventurers Chill”. I just thought I’d go travelling a bit before I may well end up there.

Enjoy your trip @Steve9999 and I hope it recharges your enjoyment of the game.

1 Like

Send us a postcard!

:cry:

2 Likes

For anyone who is remotely interested (@Mr.Spock?), I greatly enjoyed my 2 days away with @IvyTheTerrible. They are a fantastic and welcoming team and Ivy is a very skilful player. We slayed a coupe of 10* and had a fun war.

But, I couldl feel myself getting over-invested already - and I also felt a little homesick :house:, so for now I have returned close to home - with “UK Adventurers Chill”, hopefully for a proper rest :smile: :beach_umbrella:

6 Likes

The whole premise that there is a “proper” way to play is nonsense. Are you having fun? If so, continue playing however you like, without guilt. If not, take a break.

1 Like