Quintus? Wanna hear from peeps who have him

1. Obakan just doesn’t up to the mark.
    Fast mana is fine but the mediocre damages, along with a single riposte. I would have ascended him had the riposte is for heroes nearby too like Boril or Cyprian. Never mind the 115% riposte.
    Or at least a buff for three!

2. Rigard will clear Azlar’s or Colen DoT. He is the only 4 * cleanser. Along with his bigger brother 5 * Kunchen and Vivica.

F2p myself, Quintus was my only purple for a long time. He’s good in synergy with other heroes and especially a kunchen isarnia quintus treble. I made a vid below that was actually about kunchen but most footage has quintus paired with him and 1st 2 raids are good examples of quintus survivability and destruction when paired right

1 Like

thanks for the vid… that makes kunchen shine … which gets me into trouble…
kunchen or kage for my tabbards… :rofl:

kunchen feat. quintus is pretty insane … omg

I have Quintus fully maxed and with three nodes unlocked in the talent grid. Not sure whether I should have focused on other heroes, but Quint was my first 5* and has been one of my best heroes. I have many better 5s of other colors now, but he is my sole 5 purple.

I can say he is a beast in power and attack, particularly in raids. Would be nice if his special were not slow, but average, or, if slow, was a higher amount than 270% damage to all enemies. (Would not mind a buff, for sure.) Don’t get me wrong: 270% is nothing to sneeze at. But with all of the fast and deadly HOTM and Special Events heroes, it is hard to justify fully leveling Quint if you have Hel, Sartana, Panther, Sargasso, Aeron…of the regular heroes, I think only Sartana surpasses him. I am not a fan of Domitia or Obakan.

Long story short–I like him. He is pretty versatile–I play him as defense, offense, in titans, war, and regular gameplay. He is best in raids and on defense. Personally, I flank him with Aegir as tank and love him. Even if I got another 5* purple, I don’t know that I would switch him out, unless it was like Hel or Sartana and I had her fully leveled.

Personally, I don’t think Quintus deserves all of the hate he gets…he is a pretty solid character. It’s just hard to compete with fast and very fast heroes that can take him (and other slow heroes) out quickly if you are not careful. That said, at 4/80 and 8/8 special: watch out! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think that the reason Quintus gets so much hate is because of how he compares to other heroes in his class. I understand that you can only play with what you have, and he definitely can hurt you if you aren’t careful. But you can make more mistakes versus him than you can versus other heroes (e.g. Sartana).

I recently had an overabundance of Tabards and reluctantly brought my quintus to 4/80. Whereas I don’t regret bringing him up, he’s barely holding his own in my squad, as he ends up squished.

I’ve also noticed that, while his special can be punishing if stacked just right, his special is not a game-changer and the opponent can recover better.

Presently, I will admit that my lineup is very weak on purples outside of Khiona and Panther, and that the only time I use Quint is in a mono attack (goes Panther-Khiona-Quintus-Bosswolf-Merlin (or ghost girl).

I needed a 5* sorcerer for class trials so TC20 gave me Quintus. I took him to 4-80 out of necessity but he has good tile damage and a fun special (he’s my only board nuker). I don’t regret using my tabards on him, Kunchen can wait :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

In a quick skim it didn’t seem anyone answered this, so I can handle it.

12 tiles to charge Quintus with no enhancements

Level 15 mana troop gives you a 9% mana bonus: 12 tiles (still)

11 tiles: you need a 10% mana bonus. If that’s going to come only from your troop then you’ll need to push it to level 17 (at which point the bonus will be 11%)

10 tiles: you need a 20% mana bonus. Since a level 30 mana troop only gives 15%, you’ll need to get the rest from some other game element. For example, one scenario I could foresee is a boost from his talents AND Seshat’s element link.

1 Like

I wish I had Kunchen.

Would’ve been wonderful with Khiona/Panther.

1 Like

Owh thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.
I am currently maxing Sir Lancelot to see if the 24% mana boost will benefit Quintus.
I am still undecided on the emblem for him though.

1 Like

Quintus’ special works wonderful against a bunch of 4 * but lesser effect on higher hp 5 *.
He can be quite annoying when paired with BT or Wu, provided that he stay long enough to cast his special.

1 Like

With Lancelot’s 24% mana bonus: 10 tiles

Adding in your level 15 mana troop (so 33% total mana bonus): 10 tiles - still :frowning:

You’re almost at the break point: 34% for 9 tiles

2 Likes

He was a tourney winner last raid tourney configuration…but that’s a once in a months occasion, lol.

1 Like

Look like I have to give up on turning Quintus into an average mana.
Gotta’ wait for Sartana to pop up from tc20 instead, which is probably next century…lol.

You have Panther and Khiona? Jealous am I…

Well, I pair Quint with Wu often and with Wu, he really can be a game changer…for better or worse. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Quintus, SLOW = 12 tiles

To get to 11 tiles:
12 / 11 = 1.0909, so needs 9.09% mana regen or more
Lvl 17 mana troop gives +11%, so this will charge Quintus in 11 tiles instead of 12

To get to 10 tiles:
12 / 10 = 1.2, so need 20% mana regen or more
So Lancelot’s +24% will charge Quintus in 10 tiles instead of 12 when it’s running

To get to 9 tiles:
12 / 9 = 1.333, so need 33.3% mana regen or more
So Lancelot (+24%) and a Lvl 17 mana troop (+11%) will total 35% and Quintus would charge in 9 tiles instead of 12.

I think that’s essentially correct? Hopefully someone will correct me if that is atrociously wrong, but from the info I’ve gathered, it is essentially how it works.

So at 10 tiles with Lancelot, you’d need two 3-matches and one 4-match and Quint is charged… with Lancelot’s buff lasting 4 turns, well… good luck, but it’s better than nothing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the explanation.
Obviously, the fastest way to charge Quintus is by killing one of the enemy and let those purple tiles fly into the empty space.
Then again, killing one is quite a task…lol.

Bah, you’re right @AliceCooper, Quintus is not a very effective hero. Even when I get Kunchen’s special off for the defense debuff and then let Quintus fire, he doesn’t do massive, game-changing damage. I needed a sorcerer though so I put him into my class Trials team thinking he would at least be a huge improvement there but my team still got trashed lol, now I’m debating whether I want him on my Trials teams going forward too.

Still…part of me has some fun playing with him so there’s that and he’s been ok in AW where 4* are more common so I don’t regret it. Only 3 more tabards until Kunchen goes to T4 and all is right in the world again. Unless of course I draw Seshat :joy::sweat_smile::wink:

1 Like

Quintus doesn’t make my main team, but pair up Quintus with Wilbur and his special becomes devastating!

1 Like

Electro Quintus :cloud_with_lightning:

He just sits and waits for his 1st meal…

1 Like

There isn’t a planet or alternate reality where I would ascend Quintus before Kunchen. :joy:

The sad thing is I knew Kunchen was worth pulling for but my FTP tokens couldn’t get him.

This game isn’t about how good or smart you are. It’s about luck and spending $ unfortunately

1 Like