Quick question about ability stacking

I know Wu Kong and by the same extent Ranvir their abilities can stack with the likes of Kiril and Boldtusk. My question is is it true for Olaf as he has defensive tactics and access to the Paladin protect ability. Do those stack to a total of 88% defense for Olaf himself? I do plan on going all 20 nodes with him on my alt as he is serving as a good defense buffer for any Paladin trials. I had to four man the first level of the Serenity trials as my alt has only 2 paladins and 2 rangers.

Yes, they stack.

Here is justice with Protect active and then Blessed Brew on top:

Which equals a cool 1438 defence

The rule of thumb is that if the icon is different, it will stack.

5 Likes

This is totally offtopic, but… what are those elemental icons above the heroes? :open_mouth: Is this some new update I haven’t got yet or?

2 Likes

That’s colourblind mode.

I turned it on just for variety.

It’s definitely not a secret mode just for Bards and mods…

5 Likes

Thanks, i was just about to ask suntanglory’s question :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

You can check this table I made for what overwrites what :slight_smile: đź“‘ Status Effects (Buffs and Ailments) and Stacks - Dead topic see link in post #190

|Name|Status_Icon|Description|Overwritten|
|—|—|—|—|—|—|
|Protect|DefUp_Paladin42x43 |Paladin talent activated, increased defense|DefUp_Paladin42x43,50%

Basically if it’s not listed in the 4th column, it stacks. The paladin protect buff is only overwritten by itself, if the talent activates again.

2 Likes

Dave do i have this on the Master List? my cat whiskers are twitching…must add!

3 Likes

Yes, you do have it there already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it needs a bold or maybe glittering lights or something…

EDIT: Temporary bold added. heh!

3 Likes

@Rook You could always put a disco ball on both ends of the topic title. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes