Quests you do, Quests you don't

At higher levels you get:

• more free hero storage
  • higher max world energy.

The latter is valuable because (a) it lets you sleep longer without losing flags and (b) makes world energy refills from flasks or store more valuable.

5 Likes

Every. Single. Quest.
And I seldom get the storage full because I always have something to craft in the forges (banners, potions, axes, dragons, time stops, etc. etc.)

1 Like

Itā€™s just my gut feeling, but indeed I get more elemental chests than my allianceā€™s mate. 2 or 3 per month is not unusual for me whereas the other guys see those chests not so often.
Or maybe Iā€™m just lucky :slight_smile:

Nothing great then for me.

I just let the XP build normally, for hero storage I have enough for what I need and Iā€™m not SO in to the game iā€™m worried if world energy has filled and not been used for a few hours

Meetings of E&P Anonymous are Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.00. Weā€™re here to share, not judge.

Quest wise, Iā€™m exactly alligned with @Maaeetz

5 Likes

I like you do them all
Not for any other reason than it breaks up the monotony of farming
But I am a competitive and do try to compete although I donā€™t have the skill of my ex ally members wharflord and Kerridoc or is that maybe I donā€™t have the time

Lol I will see you guys there then lol.
As I agree works energy does let you rest longer

1 Like

This summarizes which quests I do and the reasons why very well. :).

Recruits are by far the most important thing in the game for me right now, I have loads of leveling to do, because of this I have shortened the quests that I do down to the Rare quests, battle items 2 only when it gives raid flask, only the first stage of Recruits 1 (silly design), recruits 2 in case it has a troop token, and of course experience (which seems to never appear lately).
I donā€™t do the gem quests anymore, except for the first stage occasionally since itā€™s low energy cost. I find it to be an incredibly meager amount of gems and simply too little of everything else (except exp) to be worth it. To put into perspective, Iā€™d rather spend gems on refilling my world energy to farm more recruits (alas only 8-7 will suffice) rather than spending something like 12 world energy for 9 gems. I understand doing the gem quests if you are FTP or CTP though, makes perfect sense in those circumstances.
I donā€™t see a reason to do the battle item and crafting quests at all, negative value in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents, been playing since february, I have 5 fully ascended 5* and 14 fully ascended 4*s just to give a little bit of perspective.

I always do gems, exp, resources, and themed quests. Troops I usually only do the 1st level, although troops II is close enough to 8-7 that Iā€™ll sometimes do that because itā€™s faster. Occasionally, if Iā€™ve been doing a lot of leveling and/or crafting Iā€™l do food or iron. Battle items and crafting materials are just a waste of flags for me.

Just necroing this threadā€¦

Atlantis Rising, which I love, makes lots of the basic quests look even more irrelevant.

@petri - time to buff a few resource quests?

Also, thanks for Atlantis Rising :blush:

5 Likes

I am a new player. Just reading thisā€¦ thanks for asking the question. This exactly what I was looking for. Quests for me mean alot. More experience lotted than the provinces available to me right now and getting useful resources.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how much exp the first level of scavenge resources gives?

Trying to time level upā€¦ Thanks!

1 Like

Of course! But you need to do something the rest 27 days of the month :wink:

Iā€™ve found this to be a VERY helpful guide in deciding which quests to do:

Indeed, I most assuredly agree.

Since I wrote that a year ago, we do have costumes, Valhalla and legends now, all of which I like (albeit some of the portals areā€¦ questionable).

But the original quests could definitely use some love

3 Likes

My mini still does all the quests as somthing to do plus experience helps.
But I wouldnt play majority of them on my main as other stuff takes priority. Would adding different quest for higher players just be a waste of time as the schedule can get busy at times plus what rewards would they give doubtful it be 4* mats

2 Likes

I agree they need some attention, some help out lower level players with items they really need, once you are getting more senior in the playing field there is limited value in some of them. Could new higher levels with better loot be added? Give something good as loot but make it a challenge to get it.

1 Like

They either need to rework the energy cost or the reward because most of the time you can have the same result or more by farming the stages.

I only do the gems, heroes, rare quests. The others arenā€™t worth my time.