Quests should be for all level players not just high level players

I would say that the rewards should be like on raid tournaments… in percentage! I think this is more even for all players. Now first places at all levels are ocupied by old players with great levels (over 40) and full 5* teams. Is no chance for other players (that need those rewards) to get there in first three.

3 Likes

You just found the one type of event that is ptw. ( pay to win )

The CHALLENGE events are usually won by very dedicated people which usually pay a lot of money for world energy flasks.

As an ftp ( free to play ) player I cant compete in challenge events after playing for over a year but I could finish all stages after about 9 month.

Unfortunately you will see this to a lesser estent in all tournament style activities .( like raid tournaments )
There is Always someone with a better defense Team than you, may it be in the 4* or even 3* tournaments.

Luckyly for you and everybody else the attacker has a big advantage over the defender and so after some time when your hero base has grown and you understand how your heroes interact and how to color stack you will be able to beat these super teams and with a little luck you place in the top 1 % of the 3* raid tournament and the the 4* tournament………

So I wish you best of luck with your hero pulss and lots of patience.

7 Likes

My first question here would be how long have you being playing 2, 3,-6months?, this is not to rate you down, but just to estimate how much of experience you currently have and how much more you will need to meet your request,
Second question would be, what is the constituent of your team (s) at the moment? . Although one can estimate from your 2400 TP, that not much had been extremely leveled.

If your response to the first is less than 6 months, your request should have been in this phase:

How do I develop my teams to beat quests?
What are the various team compositions I should use in various stages of quests and events and why.? etc.

As mentioned by everyone, this game requires plenty of time and experience. All those who have played for longer time have passed through your current phase. So what you should do right now is learn from them, read and be very active in this forum, savor as much of information as you can hold. Then patiently build your base, teams, and be very active everywhere, raids, war, Titans and then progressively you will get there in bits.

There is absolutely no short cut to the experience required.

4 Likes

Ok, so question for you OP: Do you not think there should be anything in the game that is challenging for people that have been playing a long time?

The things that are readily available to you as a new player are the rare tier challenges, trials and tournaments.

You want to win a raid tournament as a new player? Good luck. You have a chance, but surely you can acknowledge (even if you are a natural) that there are likely a few people better at raiding than you, at this point in your E&P career. Participate, use the extra raiding flags, use whatever loot you get, and learn from it.

As for challenges, most people aim for completion and that’s what you should be aiming for too. Starting with rare, and epic when you have the heroes for it. Again, this the time when you are learning and growing, and as a new player competing for a place in challenge events would be a monumental waste of resources that you could be putting towards improving your account.

Lastly, trials. Trials are trials. They’re meant to be challenging.

Edit: aha, my cake day. Funnily enough I was just thinking of the first event I tried as a new player which was grimforest. It was horribly hard and I couldn’t do it at all. But I can’t remember expecting to finish it either, because as someone else already pointed out escalating difficulty exists in most games, and without escalating difficulty there would be no sense of progression/improvement and no reason (for many people) to play.

2 Likes

Congrats @Perilin

20happycheerscakeday

4 Likes

Do you guys even read what I write ? Im saying there should be challenge events for every person to compete in and have a chance not just the top players.

They should have lower level challenge events where players that have been playing for over 6 months or more cant enter or maybe restricted by the tp power ?

Yes they still should have all these events for higher level players but have some ones where new players and low level teams have a chance to get some decent rewards

I really think the rewards should go to a percentage system (with a leaderboard and possibly some extra loot to satisfy the competitive types who can afford to be in the top 1000). Personally, I’m amazed that I’m still in the top 50000 in rare after 24 hours of the event. Not going to waste world energy to try to guarantee getting those 10 arrow attacks and 10 healing potions, though.

To the question at hand, there is obviously a growth thing involved here. My first event, I finished a couple of levels and killed one monster each in the legendary and epic categories. And was happy with my three silver coins. Each month, I have completed a little more. Since the first Wonderland (3 months of play), I have been able to get to level 9 of epic, but not beat the three bosses. Now after seven months, I finally beat a whole event. And I’m actually pretty happy with the rewards (I was dying for fine gloves, personally).

I think the biggest barrier for beginners is not having any idea where you stand in the rankings, whether there is any point in trying to repeat levels to get a better score. If there were reward levels on 1%, 5%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% (plus a bonus for completion, as it is now), I would probably be more inclined to try harder and not just take my completion gifts and run.

On the plus side, I now have more time to earn Atlantis coins. Hope to get to 300 or 400…

2 Likes

I tried playing on the easiest difficulty on this event but I’m unable to beat the trio from the last fight. I’ve four leveled 3* heroes and one 2* still the last battle is impossible. I guess paying with gems will get me through and that is the point of these events. They are made too hard, so people must spend real money to win.

1 Like

I agree. They should set something up that bans all 4 and 5 star heroes. Oh, wait…

Then you’re just going to deal with alt accounts and still get crushed. Why is it so important for you that you place highly even though you just started and don’t yet know how to play? Do you understand what people are doing to win these tournaments? I’ve been playing for 2 years and want nothing to do with competing in events.

1 Like

I think what you’re describing is known as ‘season 1; provinces 1-8’.

Nearly 75 levels set up to challenge the brand new player. And it’s persistent too, so no waiting around for that annoying P2P roadblock of “time” to pass before you can start.

And every level offers rewards! And possible new recruits!!! (Keep those fingers crossed and a shiny new Aife may find her way to you. Score!)

And should the new player succeed in conquering province 8, area 7… they unlock access to a special area that advanced players and new players alike will benefit from forever!

Hurry, the special fun of 8-7 farming awaits the intrepid!

1 Like

I finished my first rare challenge without maxed 3* hero (exactly at 1 month playing time). I’m F2P, so I don’t buy gems.

Can you give your 3* roster detail? Many in this forums are experienced players, they can help you design the team to complete the event, each stage might need different heroes.

How many 3* red heroes do you have and at what level they are? Do you have Hawkmoon? Do you have Gunnar/Kailani? Can you create Axe Attack from your forge?

5 Likes

Every person here ( except @Garanwyn, who used arcane and mystical arts called Mathematics and Probability ) has been in your situation.

The Devs even renamed the tiers to Rare, Epic and Legendary instead of Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced because your frustration is VERY common on the forums and the old tier names made it worse ( like salt in a wound ).

However.

This is a business. They need activities for all types of players and Challenge events are similar to eBay actions ( see notes ). Just like eBay, the more desirable the item, the less chance a 14 year old with a new job will win and the better chance Bill Gates or Warren Buffet will win. Your proposed change would go against the Challenge event organizer/ Devs best interest ( see notes ).

You can ask for activities that are specifically designed so only new players can take place in ( perhaps a co-op quest that pairs a new player with an older player ) or better yet give rewards the older players do not need and do not want ( 2* / 3* heroes? ), but the challenge events will always rely on skills, heroes and battle items a newish player does not have.

On the positive side, Devs added better completion rewards so I started completing them. Before emblems I usually took my free world energy flask ( Atlantis Rising here I come ) and did not run most Challenge events.

Notes

Click for notes

Link

How do events earn money
(What’s up with the challenge event brackets and rewards? - #14 by Gryphonknight)

Improved completion rewards
([Discussion] If you skipped Challenge events, did the addition of emblems to tier completion rewards change your mind)

FIN

4 Likes

M’y first post.
Started this game 2-3 month ago, Just taking monthly vip

Finally i finish rare. Was 16000 in the first Day, now im 234000 Just 1 Day after…

epic is still impossible, boss are too strong for the moment, and m’y 4* are only rank3 need item for Last rank

If you can finish évent do it but forgot rank, its for p2w player (Will you be able to have 5 nahamage lvl 30??? Never without pay, so no need to run)

If you cant, do Just first stage and stop it.
Dont use gems or things like this. Dev love gem and whale. Same in all game with big rng. No offence we know where we go :slight_smile:

With five leveled 3* heroes, I finished the easiest difficulty with next to no items. I’m not 100% sure, but I think just an arrow attack to blind and a couple of mana potions to get my heals off. The Rare level is definitely possible, you just need to grow a little bit more. (It helps to have a choice of leveled 3* heroes, of course – if you’re stuck using Prisca, Renfield, Dawa, Graymane and Carver, it’s obviously going to go poorly…)

3 Likes

LOL oh, wait… You are right oh, wait…I am NOT saying the 3* raid tournament DUUUHHHHH.
I am saying something for the weak players ONLY. Yes the weak ONLY, not a level 60 player that can field maxed out 3*s with full array of emblems and 3/15 troops. NO I said a player that can NOT field any team of 4200 tp. I am saying a player that can MAX field a team of lets say 2100 tp. Let them win stuff you can get by farming S1-8. That way they can WIN something, make it FUN for them. In turn should make them want to get batter and try BIGGER challenges. I think it would help the weaker teams enjoy more.

Once again - that’s what the first part of the world map is for.

Agreed

Now if that happened Deckard Cain, wouldn’t have a story to tell.

Ps I do hope it was a whirlwind barb!!!
#awesomegamebtw
:repeat::recycle:

@ OP - as you progress you can level your heroes and get stronger and do the more difficult missions…
Even I was just like you and tried w my 2400 TP team for Darts and Tabards and failed miserably…but that was then :heavy_plus_sign:

2 Likes

@JackieChanBruce

People wanna help you, but before you start giving advices and requesting answers you need to read more than the 2hours you have now and visit more than the 26 topics.

I suggest reading some topics from here Master List of E&P Links & Player Guides
and afterwards ask away what will be still unclear to you.

I dont know how old are you, but as it is in school, in order to make an resume of a book you need to read it first and try to understand it.

I, for one, I am willing to help you as long as I see that you are willing to listen to the more experienced out here that give you advices.

p.s. ofcourse not all have patience, not all give advices, not all treat you as a new player.
so have patience and dont be discouraged. you’ll see that the way this game is designed is to make you have more time-fun than most of the other games of this type.

“see” you in a couple of weeks :wink:

3 Likes

I totally agree! I quit the game a while back out of frustration and recent came back. I’m a mid-tier player. My best team at the moment is about 3900. I have 30 heroes over 70, but only 3 going on 80…I can’t get the mats! I play everyday, at do all the quests, I fight in every war, battle every Titan, etc. I’ve spent way too much money and gain nothing. This game rewards the very top tier players, and those of us that have started later have no possibility of catching up. HUGE issue, imo. What to the rest of you feel?

1 Like