Questions for mercs

These questions are directed at mercs:
What is it that you look for if an alliance requests help in taking down a titan?
Is there a certain level of titan you are looking for?
If I want to ask for merc help where/how can I find you guys?
I ask because I was recently promoted to co-leader after we had some issues in our alliance and lost some members. We are an active and supportive group and right now our alliance only needs to take down 1 more titan to get the final titan valor challenge. We used to take down 8* titans, but after losing several players, our alliance canā€™t take these big titans on our own. We are fine with the titans escaping to a level that we can manage while we rebuild, but I really donā€™t want to let down the loyal members who have worked so hard thru the valor event.

2 Likes

The fastest way to get help from mercs is thru Global chat.

Search ā€œalliance recruitmentā€ chat and ā€œpeer supportā€ chat, fill the sentences below and send the chat there:

Need mercs help, titan <ā€¦> star, <ā€¦>
color, hp left ā€¦, hour leftā€¦, spots left ā€¦

Example:

Need mercs help, titan 8 star, green
color, hp left 150k, hour left 1 hour, spots left 4

• Note ā€œspot leftā€ is the empty room available for some mercs to join ur alliance

• make sure your alliance do the best to kill the titan until it nearly dead and only few hour left before escape.
    Usually mercs only help dying titan (nearly death), and only few hour left.
    If the titan is still has many hp and many hour left, most likely they donā€™t want to waste their flags.

Thatā€™s what i know about mercs

4 Likes

When I was mercing, I looked for an alliance that was strong and interested in growing. I also choose Titans that I know I could make a difference on. Asking too often was a red flag to me because it meant you didnā€™t really want to see what tour normal alliance could do on your own (may not have been intended as that but thatā€™s what I saw). As fo finding us, the Line groups are where a lot of us look for targets.

3 Likes

@mogulemon thanks for the good info. It is much appreciated!

1 Like

@Leonidas1 thanks for the info. As I am new to being co-leader and to the forum (although have been playing for almost a year, 340+ days) so I am not sure what you are referring to when you say line group? Thanks!

Not a lot of people request mercs on Reddit, but when they do, they seem to get the help they need. There are merc Line groups too.

1 Like

@Disposable Thanks! Good to know!

1 Like

thank you for this, drove me nuts when they were not announcing color and star of titan.

4 Likes

@Ender_BattleSchool Thanks for adding your thoughts. I am trying to come up to speed as quickly as I can to support my alliance.
So I can be better informed is the a certain star level or color you are looking for? We went from about 25 members to 17 in 36 hours, so I really just want to make sure everyone in the alliance gets the final titan valor challenge and am concerned we wont ā€œdropā€ quickly enough for us to be able to take out 1 more titan before the end of the valor event. We were taking down 8* titans before.

Line is a messaging app you can download. I use it myself for mercing and other groups for advice. It can help you grow

1 Like

Its all relativeā€¦during POV some only need 5* to fill that challenge, but others need 6* so that is important to note. For me personally I hit Red Titans between 100k and 200k+ but I hit Green titans for 25k-50k so it makes more sense for me to use my flag helping kill a Red Titan. The time is important because you have to be there for the killā€¦you want to kill and move on so if its low health and low time remaining (or just low health and know you can kill it) then that is better than joining an alliance that will be another 8 hours before the kill logsā€¦better to kill then move on to the next.

Note: I ONLY merc for POVā€¦others Merc on the regular so they may have different insight.

1 Like

@Shell - Slightly off topic, but since you mentioned losing so many members: the Alliance Recruitment area of the forum is the best place around to get quality members. We used to advertise on Reddit (and briefly in the hellscape that is Global Chat), but when we moved recruiting to the forum we added 18 members in less than 2 weeks. Maybe not fast enough to finish this challenge, but fast enough to get things rolling for the next POV. Good luck, with one titan to go yā€™all surely got this :+1:

2 Likes

The info to provide while asking for mercs is a big help. (In Line chat a screengrab of the titan has all the info and your alliance name)

Also if your alliance is invite only, switch it to open when you are trying to get help.

And lastly if you pass a couple in a row your titan size should drop to something you can handle and you will finish the mission without merc help. ā€˜Tho there is nothing wrong with accepting help either!

3 Likes