Questionable Raid Defense Choices

I wouldn’t assume that these choices are not deliberate. On my main I used to (and on my alt I still) put up good heroes, but in bad positions to do a limited form of cup dropping. It keeps me at my current arena, but makes sure I start on the lower end of it. Its a fairly widely used strategy.

As a rule that I think you could agree on:

We do not want to make things easier on our attackers

So, for most people who know how to play the game well enough…

• Healer tanks are easier to kill, Kunchen being the exception
  • 2-2-1 makes it easier to set up an attacking team & come away with a win
1 Like

There are some that would do that, but I’m not entirely sure that the majority of people are thinking:

“Hmm… I may end up in the 2400 range rather than the 2600 range if I just switch zim and grave…”

Then again, I’ve been wrong before (as has everyone on this forum)… so I’ll be okay if I’m wrong this time.

Considering my current defense strategies have done nothing for me (which included multiple healers, healers as tanks and 2-2-1), I’ll take any advice that is offered, thank you for this.

1 Like

We can certainly agree that the perception is that healer tanks are easier, but the reality has Guin and Kunchen as the top 2 tanks currently, both being healers. There is a reason folks struggle more vs Kunchen then vs Santa, even though Santa lowers defense more… and I attribute that to the large heal (and a bit to strong color defense). Anyway, I don’t feel I’m adding much to the convo at this point, mostly playing devils advocate to see if these preconceived notions are in fact, facts. I’ll see myself out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kunchen is a noted exception (as listed above), Guin is not a top tank because she heals, she’s a top tank because she

• Heals
  • Cuts Mana
  • Gives +DEF v Dark

I certainly welcome debate @amessofamind, devil’s advocates are fine with me.

(edit: the ultimate goal of this thread was to help anyone who was struggling with their raid defense, or to help those sorry souls I keep stealing cups from. Then add insult to injury when my own raid defense successfully wards them off at least once)

I believe her heal is an issue, it’s often the difference between a kill and needing to find another match and if that match isn’t done quickly enough, you have to find another because she’s continuing to stick around/heal, if she didn’t heal she’d be no more of a threat then Li Xiu. When facing her in war, 3rd hits, 4th hits aren’t as effected by the +def to dark, but the heal is still very relevant. Anyway, I do mostly agree with what’s been said, I just wanted a bit more substance then… this is bad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we can agree on that ;-). But still it isn’t uncommon.

1 Like

EVERYONE IN DIAMOND ARENA:
Nice! I’m at 2900 cups, sitting comfortably in the top 10. Time to log out for dinner.

5 Likes