Question for mods

Hey there @Rook @Kerridoc @JonahTheBard

The usefull info about the game is much and scattered and sometimes forgotten all over the forum.
I have in mind - when time is available - to make a topic in which to add in a couple of posts all the links to other usefull topics - mainly for me, but for all who will want to check it out.

Question is:
The important posts can be edited only by me and the mods? Is there any way to let other edit it too?

One day ill quit the game and forum; dont want this data to become outdated/forgotten.
forgotten - can be partially dealt with by pinning the topic
outdated - only if a mod is commited to update it frequently after I aint

reference: looking at the @Mai topic that becomes outdated as time passes; and its only the loot and stats…

1 Like

I thought such a “gathered topics” already exists? Just a sec…

Hmm, maybe no. I’ll make a new topic and link when done.

EDIT: still creating, but it now exists:

5 Likes

Ok. Bookmarked it.

20 links

1 Like

You mean this one?

2 Likes

Thats for newbies. I am more for what a seasoned player wants to know for a week from now event, for like recruits2, etc

just go the bookemarked/piined topic and its all there; no search needed, no scrolls etc… especially when on the phone and tiny screen (compared to the monitor/4k tv :smile: )

1 Like

I know Boolz. I have often been asked for HotDamnMess’s new farming guide for Season 2 (work in progress) and I have to go digging. Same for Anchor’s Hero guide. I know it’s there. I’d just rather have all the links in one place lol

i think it can be added
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H-kJklNfUUkbbu4RsbFe4SS67E8XpoPZjqjoammJwbg/edit#gid=1102254969

as a link ofc; like this HotDamnMess’s new farming guide for Season 2 (work in progress) >>> just did a link for the link inside the link :rofl:

1 Like

The version @_John_Doe linked above doesn’t have all current data, but this one does:

1 Like

ty. bookmarked it :slight_smile:

and here is the link updated HotDamnMess’s new farming guide for Season 2

1 Like

==Reference section ==

Many forums, running different software, have a Reference category ( Staff/ Mods/ Regulars only post, all trust Levels read ) with links to topics/ copies of game topics be the originals are still available for replies from lower trust Levels ( I would link to an example but then this post would be hidden by SPAM flags ).

I know (https://www.phpbb.com) has a “copy topic/ reply” and several different sticky/ lock options for the reference category.

But as user I have found Discourse.org software to be vastly superior.

==Discourse.org options ==

A reference category is mentioned in Discourse.org discussion of how Sticky topics should work. But I am not sure how the forum software would implement it.

Edit:
Looks like Discourse.org software documents are triggered by using the feature, which dors makes new feature research difficult.

Public read/ restricted write sounds like the type.

2 Likes

But to part of your answer in the OP: we can lock the thread, which then allows only staff/mod additions, but you could still edit your posts. That might be the best approach to keep that tidy.

2 Likes

Thank you for suggesting this! It’s a really outstanding idea.

2 Likes

@Kerridoc On a related note, I actually wonder if this thread should be closed, since the new list is born:

@_John_Doe do you want to keep this thread open too?

Guess you are right. We go with Rooks’ solution and make the best of it. :wink:

2 Likes

@rook is doing the work there, so I’ll leave it to her.

4 Likes

This thread was Boolz’ “Question to the Mods.” If the Question has been answered, this thread can be closed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed. :slight_smile:

20 close

2 Likes