Question about where can i find my acocunt id (game not loading)

Hello - In the middle of playing today something happened and I had to put down my phone. I must have bumped something because when I looked at the phone again, it was rebooting. After the reboot, EP would not launch. I fear the worst - that I will have to unintall and reinstall. However I don’t want to risk losing my progress. I understand that I might need – in addition to my user name – the account id number from the splash screen, which I obviously can’t see because the game won’t load. I can see a number of files in android under the .com.smallgiantgames.empires but I don’t know which one would have my account id in it. Can some help me navigate this jam?

Also I came across a page that suggested trying to clear the cache. Before I do that I want to make sure that won’t delete my user information, which, although not visible inside the game, must still be there in the files.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Sort Answer
This is really a question for Customer Support

Notes

Contact Customer Support

([Repost] v31+ Contacting Support [Reposted for Smartphone users and future reference])

Click for notes

Recover

Android

(Save your progress with Google Play! — Empires & Puzzles Help Center)

iOS ( Apple )

(Save your progress with Game Center! — Empires & Puzzles Help Center)

Facebook, connect

(I can't connect my game to Facebook! — Empires & Puzzles Help Center)

Facebook, verification

(Should I connect my game to Facebook? — Empires & Puzzles Help Center)

Help from @zephyr1

(Switch Game Center account and keep progress - #13 by zephyr1)

Technical Details

Not surprisingly Customer Service does not go into technical details. Because. Humans.

(Account number changes - #16 by Gryphonknight)

FIN

1 Like

Unfortunately there is a chicken and egg problem. Since support doesn’t respond to email anymore, you need a running version of the app to contact them through the method above. To get a running version of the app, I had to install a fresh copy (i.e., after removal) and that zonked not only all my progress data but also the tombstone files from the crash that would have been helpful for debugging. So really I understand why they don’t want to be inundated with email help requests but they should have an ex-game pathway to get help when your app stops loading.

Here is the method without running app…

Link still works, just checked it.

1 Like

Contact support using the web form when and when you get the auto rejected response, respond “above the line” and you will find they are pretty good. Be concise and polite. They only respond during Helsinki business hours so take that in to account.

Good luck. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.