Question about the rules and process regarding chat bans

Hello SG:) first let me say that I’m an active player and especially enjoy the chat option in the game. But recently, it seems several are being banned from chat. I see “the rules” pop up from time to time, but it’s very subjective and has no specific guidelines. I won’t ask why players are getting banned. I know you won’t devulge that information. Instead I’m asking what the process is? Can players object to a ban? Especially if reported message is not offensive? Is your system for reporting an automated system…and players then get a warning/banned? I’m truly trying to understand as there are 2 that have been reported and both are the kindest most helpful souls in AR. Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

I edited your title to make it clear to people that you were steering well clear of forum rule 14. I hope you don’t mind, but in light of the last thread, it seemed prudent.

And a note to everybody: please, let’s not get this thread locked by discussing individual cases or decisions.

2 Likes

Thank you for editing!

2 Likes

I think you need a whistle Garawyn.

Forum Officer Garawyn First class.

There’s your stripes officer. Now get back out there and save those threads!

2 Likes

I would also love a clearer understanding of this process, please. There has been a tremendous jump in bans and now SG has a generic reply for when players email an inquiry about it.

Is there an article or a link available to a page that clarifies how the reporting/banning process actually works? I would like to read it, please.

These are the support articles SG has published to date regarding chat:

https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001180425-Global-Alliance-Chat

1 Like

Thank you, kindly.

I’ll give that a read.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I don’t think it quite answers everything you’re looking for, but it’s the best I’m aware of.

1 Like

Something, ANYTHING is better than the nothing we’ve been getting in response to emailed inquiries. I very much appreciate your help.

Just going to revive this thread because I can’t find the answer elsewhere. How long does a Code of Conduct violation last? I don’t mind receiving one (even though I disagree with it) but it would be nice to get guidance on when I can expect to get out of the Penalty Box :grimacing: :shark: (alliance was flagged for an inappropriate message)

I read the new Forum Rules and Community Guidelines (link above is dead)

1 Like

Bump. Guess nobody on the forum has been here before :sweat_smile: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

JAWS_3D: I’d answer you if I could. I have no experience with a chat ban. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:rofl:.i check new guideline report my account good worked give notification not any
Offensive content other than guide me not misuse report button suspend account forever

Why just why? :rofl: :rofl:

This thread was silenced for 3 years…

And I have no experience with being in trouble or silenced because I’m always good… :imp:

Happy gaming

:popcorn: :beer: :peanuts:

1 Like

Reason i join community forum 5 oct 2023 not know what function community forums i creat many topic know Facebook type post but is other read community guide line rule and i like lot read topic reply like i active community forums 2024 not know old topic i reply all see new topic list head but all read unread topic highlight topic