Question about Ranvir's ability

I have a Ranvir, and even though he’s only at 3/70/8 (still waiting on one more darts), I’ve started using him. But I’ve realized that his ability is a bit unclear when you are color stacking.

Suppose, for example, that:

1. My team includes Ranvir and Vivica
  2. Ranvir’s buff is on.
  3. Ranvir’s health is at 400, Vivica’s health is at 800.
  4. I hit an enemy whose health is at 600 with a yellow tile.

How is this handled? I can imagine three possible ways:

1. Ranvir has a 35% chance to miss, but Vivica doesn’t, so you’ll always hit. 35% of the time, it will hit for 100% of Vivica’s attack only, and 65% of the time, it will hit for 100% of Vivica’s attack + 295% of Ranvir’s attack. (Vivica gets neither the penalty nor the benefit of the buff.)
  2. The whole attack has a 35% chance to miss. If it hits, then it will hit for 100% of Vivica’s attack + 295% of Ranvir’s attack. (Vivica gets the penalty of the buff, but not the benefit.)
  3. The whole attack has a 35% chance to miss. If it hits, then it will hit for 295% of (Vivica’s attack + Ranvir’s attack). (Vivica gets the penalty of the buff and the benefit of the buff.)

Does anyone know how it actually works?

According to the discussion here, it works the same as Wu Kong. And there is a thread on how it works with Wu Kong here.

The short version seems to be, each tile is assigned to a hero of that color at random (of course), and that hero’s HP is used to calculate whether or not to apply the buff on a per-tile basis. If your same-color heroes have different troops assigned, you can see which one is assigned to which tile by observing the troops the tiles turn into (assuming you have really quick eyes!)

1 Like

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation! And sorry I missed the other thread. I tried to search for it, and didn’t come up with it.

1 Like

Not a problem. Read through a lot of Ranvir stuff after pulling him in July, so I remembered the thread.