Queen of Hearts Protect Doesn't Appear to work

War battle, Queen of Hearts had fired her special and then the opponent’s Anzogh fired his special. Queen indicated “Taunt” and the rest of the heroes indicated “Protected” as expected but then two heroes died from Anzogh’s attack. I don’t believe Anzogh’s attack is two parts so it was the initial attack that killed the “Protected” heroes. I was unable to find this as a known bug and it seems like this is a bug, but please forgive me if I am missing something. Should this have happened?

Was there by chance Shared Damage status effect active on your heroes from a hero on your team (or the opponent’s team), e.g. Wilbur, Aegir, Gunnar, or Kailani?

Or is it possible there was a DoT (Damage Over Time) status ailment on those heroes that died?

3 Likes

I have noticed when raiding Anzoh getting a weird “double dip” where his attack hits everyone normally, then there is some weird follow-up damage that hits someone again. That said, my hazy memory isn’t proof.

2 Likes

That could be because of his wizard talent which has a chance to do 15% extra damage for each active buff on an enemy hero.

2 Likes

Possible, but he isn’t the first Jinx hero I have raided against. I am under the impression that Jinx is calculated and applied with the initial damage, but I can be wrong. :grin:

2 Likes

But if it is not separate damage, shouldn’t it be protected by QoH minion?

Is it possible that the 2 heroes die by another attack after Anzogh fire? Maybe DoT?

1 Like

That is true. I was referring to Anzogh alone. I am not sure what is happening with QoH though, because it is true that she is supposed to take the entire special damage on herself unless she is under spirit link, in which case the damage that she takes can still be distributed to the other heroes.

In case of Anzogh, I usually always fire him after a defense down from Wilbur, and most of the times his jinx always triggers. But it is difficult to make out whether the damage shows up separately or not because there are so many numbers flying off.

1 Like

There was no ongoing damage like burn, so they did die from the Anzogh attack and this particular Anzogh was not sporting any talents so that shouldn’t have caused their deaths. The animation (which I would have captured had I know this was going to happen, of course) showed the protected and taunt words but then as the fireball flies past the heroes, they appeared to take damage anyway. I haven’t had this happen with Queen of Hearts any other time yet, but she’s newly ascended so I’ll keep an eye out for it and try to capture it on a recording if possible. I think something is either broken with Queen’s or Anzogh’s mechanic though.

Thanks everyone for the replies, please let me know if you hear of this elsewhere or any other updates and I’ll try to screen record future attacks with QoH to see if I can capture the mechanic in question here. Thanks again, here’s hoping if it’s not something I missed (I’m sure there wasn’t any ongoing damage and it was Anzogh’s attack that killed the non-QoH heroes), that it either was a one time deal or the dev team is able to replicate and fix it.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Quick added detail, the enemy team was Boldtusk, Rigard, Kashrek, Anzogh, and Tiburtus, none with any ongoing damage potential and only Rigard and Tiburtus had any talents.

Do you know what your team was?

It was Alberich, Sabina, Queen of Hearts, Thorne, and Li Xiu. Thorne and Alberich were killed in the attack (making it doubly frustrating that Alberich was at full mana). I thought I may have been confused on the lineup but I’m certain it was rainbow and Wilbur is the only spirit link type of hero I have at that level, so QoH discounts the possibility he could have been in the lineup. To be fair, I hadn’t considered a spirit link effect prior to reading that on here, but I really don’t think that was the case. Thanks for the feedback and certainly let me know if you see something I may be missing in that lineup.

1 Like

Unless it is an issue that only appears while attacking (which I cannot help with, because I don’t have QoH :frowning: ), it appears to be working fine. Anzogh only hits QoH. I forgot to check their HP before and after the first hit, but you can see the bar don’t appear to move. The second time, I checked and they remained the same.

Edit: with video

1 Like

Thanks for the video. I’ll see if I can find a war matchup against Anzogh soon and work it out so Anzogh fires while QoH has a minion to see if I can recreate. Aside from video evidence, I’m not sure there’s anything else to do other than see if other’s can recreate it while attacking with QoH. Thanks again for testing this out!

1 Like

Can you or someone tell me how to include a video like that? Sorry to be a luddite, but I captured the bug on video and went to share.

If you upload it to YouTube, you can paste the video link on a line by itself, and the video player will embed on the Forum.

2 Likes

Sorry for the video not being cleaned up, but notice how Neith and Isarnia take damage from Anzogh after they’re protected. It’s like Anzogh has a second damage, but I don’t believe he should.

Those were slash attacks from Mother North and Lianna.

2 Likes

Actually everything is working fine. If you pay close attention you will see that Anzogh’s special is absorbed by QoH and then two enemies do their slash attack (off the top of my head Mother North and the 4th hero left to right). It all happens too fast, but those are their slashes.

1 Like