Queen Elizabeth II has passed 🇬🇧

I’m 64. She is the only monarch I have ever known.
She rose above all the dysfunctional family.
She was unique.
QE II … RIP

12 Likes

A sad day for our nation and so many around the world. Even people who aren’t Royalists can respect the huge sacrifices she made in service to the people of the Commonwealth for 70 years. As a person who works in the public sector in the UK she has been a shining example for many of us who give ourselves to the service of our country and the people that live here - people from all over the world. Although her reign wasn’t perfect, I do believe she has shown the ones that come after her how to serve with humility and has paved the way for the monarchy to modernise. She served us with grace and loyalty for more than 70 years (she served during WWII as a young lady) and she will be greatly missed by many. Now she can rest in peace. Thank you Ma’am :blue_heart:

12 Likes

images (1)

8 Likes

Sad day indeed. She was the glue that kept the Royal Family intact, rising above scandals, one after another.

I grew up learning Queen’s English. Now it will be King’s English.

I will miss her even though I am not British.

10 Likes

I’ll come out of retirement for this.

At 50 years old and a resident of a far flung corner of the Commonwealth, Queen Elizabeth II is the only monarch I’ve ever lived under. She seemed, to me anyway, to be someone who was dedicated both to her country, it’s outliers and the people who live therein, her duties and her family. A strange empty sadness has come over our small country.
Anecdotes from NZ dignitaries and everyday folk, who were privileged to have met her, are pouring out, mostly saying what a down-to-earth person she was, despite her status. She would, apparently, crack jokes and even talk herself down to put others at ease. That strikes me as a person who knew herself sufficiently to be a Queen and a compassionate “commoner”.
I wish you all in the UK the very best and may we all in the Commonwealth pass our condolences to her family, as she was, first and foremost, a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

God speed and rest in peace.

14 Likes

I’m an unashamed Royalist. I had a small connection to our Queen through meeting her as a Baby twice on the same day (over 40 years ago and my Grandma was responsible for hustling to the front in both places).

Her passing brings pain to us all. She worked to the end and arguably worked harder for her whole life than the vast majority of humans do.

She was a rock we could anchor to in stormy seas and a Lighthouse to guide us home when we needed it. To our younger generations she was the Nations Grandma. But the baton passes on, royal succession is seamless.

RIP your Majesty and long live the King.

12 Likes