Quartz Needs Improvement

Quartz is essentially designed as a 5* version of gen.1 Costume Rigard (I say gen.1 since surely a 2nd costume is on the way) yet Quartz is actually worse at an equal speed level.

At the equivalent Average speed of x2 Ninja, Quartz has a worse attack buff (44 vs 48) and worse healing per turn (over 3 turns 564 vs 609).

The benefit of quartz > rigard c. is the x1 speed to cleanse an ailment and provide a modest 34% buff, however this speed provides next to no healing. This results in x3 being the only speed that provides a somewhat noticeable difference between the 2 hero’s, but x3 is way to slow to go for and doesn’t make the tradeoff worthwhile.

Quartz is a very rare 5* hero and I believe because of this, he should be a significantly better version between the 2 heroes and similarly to jade, get a substantial buff to provide more value to owning/summoning the hero.

I would change Quartz to be as follows:
x1 Speed

• All allies regen 400hp over 2 turns
  • All allies recieve 44%atk for 2 turns
  • Cleanses all allies
    x2 Speed
  • All allies regen for 700hp over 3 turns (undispellable)
  • All allies recieve 56%atk per turn for 3 turns (undispellabe)
  • Cleanses all allies
    x3 Speed
  • Cleanses all allies
  • All allies regen for 1000hp over 4 turns (undispellable)
  • All allies recieve 70%atk for 4 turns (undispellabe)

Let me know what you all think and hopefully we can see these changes by the next balance update. Thanks for reading.

Strongly Agree! I have had quartz on the bench for ages just for this reason! C Rigard fills the same gap better in wars and raids I can get better protection with him cause I can opt for a big heal and cleanse vs harder hitters or his HOT and cleanse vs DOT type teams.
Yes, quartz has better survivability due to his stats but that’s about it.

I like the changes you have proposed but in the meta today I’d probably opt for him to have a boosted health special even if they kept it as is but changed it to boosted health instead of a regular heal I’d take that! Either way I think you’re right Quartz is definitely due for a buffing :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah I’d prefer boosted health as well because of heroes like Rhys but I felt like it was too much of a buff to start with. If it were boosted, then I’d keep the totals the same which I think could also work. Although I think the undispellable feature is what makes him unique because its guaranteed once its activated which is really cool.

Thanks for the reply :grin:

1 Like

Hate to sound like a broken record but they’re right. A season 1 4* with a costume shouldn’t be better than a 5* who was released much later.

5 Likes

Got my vote, the only thing quartz has better is the quicker cleanse if needed and better survivability… but we are comparing to a 4*!!! Shouldnt be a comparison between quartz and c. Rigard… c. Rigard also out performs in rush (not multi charge) and equalizer (can opt for larger direct heal out of costume).

4 Likes

looking at the new roster of available ninjas, quartz is supremely underwhelming, even compared to jade (which still deserves a rework to her dodge).

i completely agree with him being essentially worse than rigard costume, the 6 tile cleanse is nice however every other aspect of the hero is just, meh. the rest of the ninjas are much better, and this hero could receive a lot of very deserved love.

seeing as new ninjas have just been released and they make him look like a 4*, i don’t see why he couldn’t be buffed.

1 Like

If you look closely, Quartz is actually rigard in disguise.

1 Like

Quartz at the least should be doing boosted health. In his current iteration he’s Rigard in 5* version. The equivalent of Hawkeye going by Ronin. He deserves better. Let him give boosted health and be the ninja healer he should be.